The Temple Bar - Beavers and Bunnies and Dogs, Oh My!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quit killing things in the face, Beav :madwife:

I'm cleaning. :shifty:

Ok guys I am getting robbed in the books we have to read for English. I was at the college store today and had to pass 1984, Toni Morrison, and Harry Freaking Potter (there were better ones that I can't remember the names of right now), to get to The Old Man and the Sea and Death of a Salesman. :|

Old Man and Salesman are great books. :( I just read Salesman. You can read it in one sitting if you go for it. I read it in 3 days which is amazing for me. I loved it. Old Man is kinda slow, but really good as well.

Agree with Beav, and, I also love 1984....but, I'm a sucker for stories that deal with dystopian societies and such. I'm also a total dork and love books.

Beav, you're not jealous that I'll be staying in The Bronx? :)

If you lived in one of those Italian delis on Arthur Ave, I'd be staying over too.

I like the BX. I've always meant to get to City Island, but I never make it. My only real experience of staying in the BX was I had a friend that lived on the grsand concourse. nosogood over there.

Whoops, I was so busy being pissy over my reading selections that I didn't answer you Beav. :reject: Ewbby (as they are known in these here parts) just moved there and I have yet to see the new digs, and I've never stayed in Brooklyn so, short answer is no, no idea where I'll be at. :)

I'm excited, though. :yes:

The Concourse is a good route to Yankee Stadium, though, instead of the Deegan.

We're in an all-Irish neighborhood in The Bronx, actually. Arthur Ave is amazing, in a few ways.

City Island is hit or miss...some of the restaurants are great, some just overpriced.

See you guys later, must leave the office now before I destroy my desk or kill someone in the face.

Looks like Bushwick/Bed Stuy...uh,, enjoy!:yikes:

Just kidding. I was in Bed Stuy last year, and parts of it have gotten nice. Never thought that would happen. Friend of a friend has an apt there. Very cool place. If you get a chance, check out Williamsburgh. Cool lounges, cafes, record stores (like real records) and restaurants. Also, Bay Ridge, where Saturday Night Fever took place, is cool. Not has hip or trendy as Williamsburgh, per se, but good food and bars. It's more neighborhoody.

Oh - you can walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. That's awesome.

I <3 Brooklyn.

When we were selling the house in queens, before moving to LI we considered spending a year in an apt in BK, but that wouldn't be much fun for a pregnant woman, so that plan got nixed.

No spoken words said:
The Concourse is a good route to Yankee Stadium, though, instead of the Deegan.

We're in an all-Irish neighborhood in The Bronx, actually. Arthur Ave is amazing, in a few ways.

City Island is hit or miss...some of the restaurants are great, some just overpriced.

See you guys later, must leave the office now before I destroy my desk or kill someone in the face.

That's good to know. I don't go to the Stadium that often :)shh: I'm a Red Sox fan) but everytime I do I get stuck in traffic. I'll remember the GC route.

UberBeaver said:
Looks like Bushwick/Bed Stuy...uh,, enjoy!:yikes:

Just kidding. I was in Bed Stuy last year, and parts of it have gotten nice. Never thought that would happen. Friend of a friend has an apt there. Very cool place. If you get a chance, check out Williamsburgh. Cool lounges, cafes, record stores (like real records) and restaurants. Also, Bay Ridge, where Saturday Night Fever took place, is cool. Not has hip or trendy as Williamsburgh, per se, but good food and bars. It's more neighborhoody.

Oh - you can walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. That's awesome.

I <3 Brooklyn.

When we were selling the house in queens, before moving to LI we considered spending a year in an apt in BK, but that wouldn't be much fun for a pregnant woman, so that plan got nixed.

Sounds awesome. :drool:

If I ever decide I really really really want to move there for real, I think my plan would be to live and work in Brooklyn, you know be close enough since I'm not a millionaire and can't live in the city.

:dreaming:

I need to do some more stuff before bed. I always do this. I could go to sleep right now but I'm such a night person I will do a million other things I put off doing when I got home a couple hours ago because I can't deal with going to bed at a "normal" hour.

Yeah, I have issues.

if you live in BK you can get to Manhattan in a matter of minutes, so you can easily work in the City and live in BK. That's a good plan, actually.

Dave, I dunno. If you like art, check out the MOMA and the Met. There's tons of museums. There's a bunch of landmarks. It depends on what you're into, really. If it were me, I'd wander down the streets and just pop into places that caught my eye, I'd eat well every night, and drink like a fish.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I need to do some more stuff before bed. I always do this. I could go to sleep right now but I'm such a night person I will do a million other things I put off doing when I got home a couple hours ago because I can't deal with going to bed at a "normal" hour.

I'm the same way. I could go to bed early and get plenty of sleep and be up at a reasonable hour in the morning without being dead to the world all day, and I usually plan on it. But invariably I end up staying awake until the early hours of the morning. :huh:

UberBeaver said:
if you live in BK you can get to Manhattan in a matter of minutes, so you can easily work in the City and live in BK. That's a good plan, actually.

Dave, I dunno. If you like art, check out the MOMA and the Met. There's tons of museums. There's a bunch of landmarks. It depends on what you're into, really. If it were me, I'd wander down the streets and just pop into places that caught my eye, I'd eat well every night, and drink like a fish.

I've never been able to just wander all the times I've been.

I'd like to one day. And that is definitely the plan, once I graduate, to just move.

DaveC said:

I'm the same way. I could go to bed early and get plenty of sleep and be up at a reasonable hour in the morning without being dead to the world all day, and I usually plan on it. But invariably I end up staying awake until the early hours of the morning. :huh:

If I could do everything I needed at night, then sleep all day I'd be a happy camper. :lol:

Today tried to kick my ass, but, I friggin reversed things and instead gave today a double reverse spin kick, and now the evening belongs to me. That means hours 3 and 4 of 24, followed by massive partying....and by partying, I mean reading, but for one glorious second there it seemed like maybe I'm pretty cool and do some partying. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom