The Official NFL Thread, Part Duex... No TO or Brady Bashing Allowed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
StlElevation said:
hopefully the pats will get some respect now.

As big of a Pats fan as I am, I'm getting quite tired of the "no-respect" claims. The Pats were considered the favorites in this game across the board, and they have been lauded time and again for how well they've done the past few years.

Use it when you'll be able to use it, like when/if they play the Colts again, and the whole world will be for Indy. Then you can use it, but until then, give it a rest.

phanan said:

As big of a Pats fan as I am, I'm getting quite tired of the "no-respect" claims. The Pats were considered the favorites in this game across the board, and they have been lauded time and again for how well they've done the past few years.

Use it when you'll be able to use it, like when/if they play the Colts again, and the whole world will be for Indy. Then you can use it, but until then, give it a rest.

I think my pal's comment was tongue in cheek. I can't speak for StlElevation, though.

Anyway, I just use it to pump our beloved Pats up to come out and play like that.

As for the game itself, it looked like the Jags D certainly wrecked havoc on the Pats offense for a while, but you kind of knew it was only a matter of time before Brady broke through.

If the Patriots go to Denver next week, I like the matchup. The run defense has been fantastic, and they'll put the ball in Jake Plummer's hands, who has had a fine year, but hasn't exactly thrown the ball to death. Let's see what happens when he has to throw it more - the margin of error will be a little different I think.

Seeing a one-legged Byron Leftwich trying to chase down a DB on an interception return must have been really depressing for Jaguars fans.

Stopping Tiki Barber stops the Giants right now. Eli Manning just isn't at the point in his career yet where he can carry the offense on his own. Give him some time and he'll improve.

Mr. BAW said:
Eli's answer to who sucks like a vaccum...

ps..I saw Daddy watching you from the corner; you're gonna be bitch whipped tonight boy! :yikes:

aavforcechoke.gif

Well Little Bro, I'm sorry but you followed the family tradition of choking in the big game, just like me and Dad (Dad didn't have many big games, choked anyway) I will try my best to break the cycle next week, but I don't feel so good. It's in the genes, man, can't help it. May you find a way to rise above it in the future.

I am very sorry, really, I know how it feels. :( :hug:

Peyton Manning said:

aavforcechoke.gif

Well Little Bro, I'm sorry but you followed the family tradition of choking in the big game, just like me and Dad (Dad didn't have many big games, choked anyway) I will try my best to break the cycle next week, but I don't feel so good. It's in the genes, man, can't help it. May you find a way to rise above it in the future.

I am very sorry, really, I know how it feels. :( :hug:

hey peyton... how 'bout ya blow me. i hope you lose next week by 50.

and star wars is for nerds.

well... coughlin was utterly out coached today.

the panthers knew every play the giants were going to run when they ran it... and frankly, it wasn't too hard to figure out. the one time they didn't give it to tiki on first down and they actually went play action, they picked up a first down. every other time it was soooooo easy to predict... 1st down run, 2nd down run, 3rd down play action, 4th down punt... if it got to 4th down.

eli was terrible... but coughlin was worse... if that's possible.

Eli Manning said:

hey peyton... how 'bout ya blow me. i hope you lose next week by 50.

Um, I wasn't being shitty, man, I was totally sincere when I said I was sorry and know how it feels. I don't jab people, and I hate to be jabbed myself. You were the better team, you deserve to be moving on instead of them. You shouldn't have posed next to Brady. Avoid him, he is the plague.

I am sorry to see Palmer injured on the first play and the Bengals losing, but at least I won't have to face Tom Brady, he will go to Denver and ironically lose in a frozen tundra snow plow game.

Star Wars is for nerds.

Forgive me I couldn't find a Footloose gif. Perhaps I can ask PLEBA.

peyton, you still suck.

maybe you should try posing with brady, a proven winner. have fun losing to the squeelers next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom