The Official Lonley 2005 AFL Season Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Funny, Hall is my favourite non-Eagles player, yet I hope he doesn't play for obvious reasons. :wink:

I won't lie... I cried when the Eagles beat the Crows. I was so happy. It's been forever since we've been in the Grand Final!

And I couldn't pick a better opponent than Sydney, I'll actually still be happy if they win. They both deserve victory.

If Hall gets suspended, we/they..er, the team will need all the support they can get, tania! I have to say, I was glad the Crows got knocked out only because I think if we faced them in the finals, we'd have had no chance of winning. Sorry, Sad Punk! :( But if you guys made it to the final, you'd have taken the trophy for sure. All that said, I'm still scared we wont have enough even if Hall does play, to beat the Eagles!

Good luck to your team, Arcadion! :)

Wait, wait... are you assuming I'm a Crows supporter or something? Or did I misread that?

I'm an Eagles fan born and bred (mostly because there were no SA teams when I was born), I can't stand the Crows or Power. :huh:

The Sad Punk said:
Wait, wait... are you assuming I'm a Crows supporter or something? Or did I misread that?

I'm an Eagles fan born and bred (mostly because there were no SA teams when I was born), I can't stand the Crows or Power. :huh:

:lol: oh my god, sorry, I completely misread your post! I thought you said you cried when the eagles won out of sadness, not joy. Ignore me :D
In my very first season, I liked the Eagles. I actually liked their colours, as sad as that was. But I realised I was never going to see any matches as the only ones shown regualrly here are Sydney games so I became a loyal Swans fan and have hated an increasing number of Vic teams ever since. Oh, and the Lions and the Crows.
:uhoh:

Sydney only had til 10am this morning to lodge an official appeal, I thought, and the news has said no one has heard anything. Anyone else know what's going on? I should just check the site, lol.

Hall is in!

(But I didn't mention that in an excited manner or anything, it was just a general comment :wink: I wouldn't wanna put the mocca's on anybody or anything

Last edited:
WIN - 2 weeks further attention, then back to normal till a collective casual eye is cast across their positioning next September.

LOSE - Forgotten again by Monday.

Hmm, if I may put on my cynical hat? :wink:

WIN - headlines declaring that aerial ping pong is best left in Victoria ( :yawn: ) and every fan who has followed it, is of course opportunistic. Oh, and Hall got away with it because Sydney is such a pathetic city and needed this rather than he getting off legitimately.

LOSE - See? Sydney always were losers. Suck it, up you pathetic lot who jumped ship and supported them! Fair weather fans! Sheesh.

PS no offence meant with the NRL thing above. I used to be a Penrith fan back in the brown and white days.

Excellent! I couldn't remember if you were a fan or not, as I associate you kinda with the nth sydney bears because of you and Amanda having grown up in the same area or something. My memory is fuzzy :wink:

Union is somehow entirely different. Yet, not....

:hmm:

Well, I at least accept the existance of Union with an open mind, league I do not. Ever. At all. Completely. :happy:

God I'm nervous. I hope they sleep well tonight, poor lads. They should ask the Slackers for some No-Doze, Tan.

:hyper:

now i know how it feels to win a grand final!!!!!!! ok, i dont really have a clue, but how fucking awesome is this? west coast didn't make it easy though!

:bow:

Back
Top Bottom