the frames

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you got that right

I'm watching the Polyphonic Spree right now and then I'm going to watch Beck/Flaming Lips. I'll be lost in these archives until the new season of SFU.

A few months ago I was taking a cab in Dublin in the early morning hours (on the way to work at the ungodly hour of 7 AM) and got chatting with the cab driver--most of them like to chat, especially if you've got a foreign accent, oh yes, and especially if you're female! So we got onto the subject of music in Ireland and it transpired that he was the father of the lead singer of the Frames! Kind of cool. I have one of their CDs now, but I haven't really sat down to listen to it. SOunds quite good, though.

OMCOMCOMCOMCCOMCMOCMOCMj......
i'm dying here...THE FRAMES ARE OPENING FOR DAMIEN RICE. (SEE DAMIEN RICE THREAD). BREATHE.... (yes, I'm acting like a 13 year old sqealing girl :mad: ) I didn't realize they were opening, must have just been announced...not even on their site yet... (thank you megan!!!!!)
Ok, I can't express how much fun they are live. I dont' know what they'll do with just a bit of opening time, but I'm sure they'll be fun regardless. I have tickets to the Cincinnati damien/frames date (not that I know where I'll be at that point), but I might have to go to more...definitely...wow....I guess I should figure out where I'll be living at that point before I buy more tickets though. Anyway, if people were contemplating seeing this gig, the fact that the frames are opening make it NECESSARY. GO. :hyper:

Wow! That would amazing! Too bad they're not coming back this way, maybe because at the Damien Rice show I went to there were probably less than 100 people there. I sat next to a couple who had driven from LA and another who had driven from Boulder to see him and they were all aghast that nobody showed up here because he had sold out much bigger venues where they lived. People here are clueless. I would LOVE to see the Frames--more than Damien Rice, actually.

joyfulgirl said:
I would LOVE to see the Frames--more than Damien Rice, actually.
yeah, i'm actually more excited about the frames than damien rice. I love damien, don't get me wrong, but the frames are amazing live. glen hansard is SO charismatic and they just really put everything into it... :heart:

That's very fun that you saw damien with so few people. :D I can hope for a relatively small turn out, but i doubt i'll get it....well, i guess i don't want a tiny turn out, but i don't want it packed either...

i got a heaping dose of the frames on the last ICDE exchange thanks to joyfulgirl. great stuff. "lay me down" = :heart:

Last edited:
Seriously I might drive to Pittsburgh for Damien's show if the Frames are opening. I missed the Frames when they came to DC this past fall, as I was in the hospital that week, and I wanted to go to that show so bad.....

Set List :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I have to get Set List. Like soon. Urgently.

I would definitely road trip to see this them with Damien Rice but they're not coming within roadtripping territory. :sad:

Last edited:
joyfulgirl said:
I have to get Set List. Like soon. Urgently.
I don't think it's been released in the US yet. There is amazon.co.uk...but if you'd like me to burn it for you, let me know!

DiGi said:
:yes:

I need to get my life (place of residence in april) sorted...good gigs depend on it!

jkayet said:
I don't think it's been released in the US yet. There is amazon.co.uk...but if you'd like me to burn it for you, let me know!

Thanks! I finally ordered some stuff from amazon/uk that I can't wait for anymore, and that was one of them. :)

meegannie said:
DiGi, come to Glastonbury.

Joyfulgirl, come to Glastonbury.

Bring your housemate too.

:hyper:
YES. June. I HAVE to go back this year....I think we ALL should. :D

About the frames, I just read through their latest newsletter...apparently they signed a record deal and so their stuff will now be released in the US (what hadn't been released before). It looks like set list will be out Feb 23. Also, they mentioned possibly doing a headlining tour later this year, after the Damien Rice dates. :)

jkayet said:
YES. June. I HAVE to go back this year....I think we ALL should. :D

It looks like set list will be out Feb 23. Also, they mentioned possibly doing a headlining tour later this year, after the Damien Rice dates. :)

I am scared of festivals although I am toying with the idea of Coachella because I missed the Radiohead tour and if I don't see them soon I am taking to my sick bed.

And I already ordered Set List from amazon/uk TODAY :mad: With the sucky exchange rate. :mad: But The Frames need to headline a tour and come near me!!!

But now wait a minute...

When in June is Glastonbury? I will be in Dublin for work in June. So maybe...as long as I'm in the neighborhood... :hmm: Who's playing?

joyfulgirl said:
But now wait a minute...

When in June is Glastonbury? I will be in Dublin for work in June. So maybe...as long as I'm in the neighborhood... :hmm: Who's playing?
:hyper: It's the end of June...I'm thinking the 24, 25, 26??? It's SO good. Don't be afraid of them. Glastonbury is so laid back and people really are nice. You can wash your hair and face and brush your teeth at these sinks they provide (with clean water), etc...it's virtually luxury... :shifty: Ok, so i spent wed - mon outside and it's a bit yucky at the end, but everyone is and no one cares. It's the funnest ever.

My work in Dublin is done on June 17th and then I can do what I want (i.e., take vacation :hyper: ). But I am still scared of Glastonbury. I think I'm just too old. I think I'd have a nervous breakdown. I'm good for one really long day and then I'd need a 4 star hotel, room service, a massage, and possibly mind-altering substances, lol...

HOWEVER

I'm still thinking about London after Dublin so if you hear of any other good shows, let me know.

joyfulgirl said:
My work in Dublin is done on June 17th and then I can do what I want (i.e., take vacation :hyper: ). But I am still scared of Glastonbury. I think I'm just too old. I think I'd have a nervous breakdown. I'm good for one really long day and then I'd need a 4 star hotel, room service, a massage, and possibly mind-altering substances, lol...
Trust me, you aren't too old at all!

As for the mind-altering substances, glastonbury's where you'd find those....

No worries though, I won't force the funnest festival ever on anyone... ;) You should definitely check out London while you nearby though!

glasto would be a pretty sweet, near birthday gift to myself from myself. If I do not have school and if I have the money I want to go. Seriously.

Martha, whatever exchange rate you paid for Set List, its well worth it. Jenn hooked me up with it, but after having it and knowing how money that disc is, its well worth whatever you paid for it.

"Set List" was released on Tuesday in the US. Go get it if you don't have it!!! :up: You won't regret it.

LA March 25 and 27th

yo the Frames are playing a record store in Long beach, CA on Thursday March 25 ( free!) called Fingerprints.

Also, they are opening for Damien Rice on March 27 but the show is sold out.

i'm going to the free one for sure, still trying to score up tickets for the other one!

i ended up geting tix for the show at the wiltern and the frames were great! at the encore, glen came up (on his crutches) and sang creep with the band.

fabulous show and the whole LA damien crowd gave them a great reception.

Nice to see!

Back
Top Bottom