The "Desert Island Album" Game - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2006, 09:41 PM   #121
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:52 PM
Sweet deal guys.

I'll work on my write-up and uploads sometime soon.

have we decided on a thing yet?

Old 05-09-2006, 10:24 PM   #122
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:52 PM

Old 05-12-2006, 09:48 PM   #123
ONE
love, blood, life

So.

This thread's been dead.

No "official" word of any kind.

Guess this means I win.

Sweet.

I rule.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:59 PM   #124
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 10:52 AM
Official word is that there's an extension until the 19th. Consulted with Liam earlier.

As it stands, I'm bogged down with essays. This weekend is going to suuuuuuck. I can't wait for the 19th - I'll only have two more assignments to go after then, and one will be piss-easy while the other isn't due until June.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-12-2006, 11:08 PM   #125
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:52 PM
great... really

I still don't have all the songs... by Friday this will be ready
Old 05-15-2006, 09:16 PM   #126
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

heh if I'd known this I might've spent more time picking the songs.

not that my list isn't perfect as is.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:10 PM   #127
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

this is exciting/anoying...

ok, I HAVE to upload all the songs?.... that will take a real while...
Old 05-19-2006, 02:35 PM   #128
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:52 AM
So where are we uploading them to?
Old 05-19-2006, 05:48 PM   #129
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by pepokiss
ok, I HAVE to upload all the songs?.... that will take a real while...
No, you don't HAVE to. All you HAVE to do is submit a playlist of two CDs, each no more than 80 minutes long, with the songs listed in the correct format as given in the original post (if anyone sends me discs in the wrong format, I will e-mail you to ask you to fix it). If you want to upload it, that of course helps your case, and you can provide information on why you made your choices, etc.

Folks, today's the last day, so get your tracklistings in! I'll be kind and say the 19th ends at midnight US Pacific time, which I believe is -0800 GMT. Once it's the 20th, Liam and I will make a list of everyone who hasn't submitted their tracklist yet and ask if you plan on submitting one. If we don't get a response and tracklist within a couple of days, we'll throw the spot open for someone else.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-19-2006, 11:07 PM   #130
ONE<br>love, blood, life

Location: Lookin' for the face I had before the world was made
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Folks, today's the last day, so get your tracklistings in! I'll be kind and say the 19th ends at midnight US Pacific time, which I believe is -0800 GMT. Once it's the 20th, Liam and I will make a list of everyone who hasn't submitted their tracklist yet and ask if you plan on submitting one. If we don't get a response and tracklist within a couple of days, we'll throw the spot open for someone else.

Thanks Axver and Liam for organizing this! I'm really excited to get started!

I've got my first disc uploaded to and I'll be working on the second disc this weekend
Old 05-20-2006, 02:39 AM   #131
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

FINALLY... damn...
Old 05-20-2006, 05:47 AM   #132
Vocal parasite

Unless I am mistaken, this is our list of competitors:

1). Liamcool
2). Axver
3). LJT
4). Miricale_Drug
5). MacPhistoPT
6). hippy
7). Bono's shades
8). MrBrau1
9). LemonMacPhisto
10). Eliv8
11). namkcuR
12). VertigoGal
13). inmyplace13
14). Souly
15). yertle-the-turtle
16). pepokiss

And neither Liam nor I have received tracklistings from:

- Miricale_Drug
- yertle-the-turtle

Yertle: are you going to have time to get a tracklisting in, or would you like to give someone else your place?

Miricale_Drug: I don't recall ever receiving a tracklisting from you. Are you still in? We'll wait 48 hours, but then I'll have to open up the position.

Now, I believe we have received a tracklisting from tuwie even though they aren't in the 16 competitors, and I said BonoIsMyMuse could be a reserve if we require one. If the two posters who are yet to contribute pull out/are disqualified, tuwie and BonoIsMyMuse will get rights of first refusal for the spare places. If they don't take the spots, we'll throw the slots open to the first person who can get a tracklist in swiftly.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-20-2006, 06:08 AM   #133
Vocal parasite

(Important note: brackets for the competition will be drawn once the 16 competitors have been finalised.)

All of the following possibilities are OPTIONAL. A participant is only required to submit their tracklisting in the correct format and adhering to the time and disc limit, but the following are additional things you can do if you wish. They will likely help your chances in the tournament.

Uploads

My current idea is to get a "save file" account and use that. Unfortunately, it has a 60MB file size limit, so I imagine any 2CD compilation will require three ZIP files. However, it has no time limit (unlike places like YSI and "send space") and all the files are accessible in one place, so we can just put up files and people can access them to listen at any time. What I will do upon making the account is that I'll e-mail the password to anyone who expresses intent in uploading their compilation and they can go ahead and do it. If you don't know how to upload, we'll tell you how. If you CAN'T upload, once we have all the tracklistings finalised, they will be posted together in one big post on this thread. I'm sure other people will be able to supply at least some songs from your compilation so it has some representation for people to hear.

Compilation Elaboration

If you would like, you can give a submission explaining why you made the choices you made. I will post it with the poll in which your compilation competes. You can write as little or as much as you like: just remember, other people will be reading it and they probably don't want you to write a book about how great the first ten seconds of Mysterious Ways is.

If you do write a description, please e-mail (amakaxver[at]gmail.com) or PM it to me (NOT Liam) as I will be the one making the polls so I will need them. There is currently no deadline as we can't give a starting date for the competition until all sixteen playlists are finalised. If you send me an e-mail, please use the subject line "[Your screen name here]'s Album Description".

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-20-2006, 12:34 PM   #134
ONE<br>love, blood, life

Location: Lookin' for the face I had before the world was made
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Uploads

My current idea is to get a "save file" account and use that. Unfortunately, it has a 60MB file size limit, so I imagine any 2CD compilation will require three ZIP files. However, it has no time limit (unlike places like YSI and "send space") and all the files are accessible in one place, so we can just put up files and people can access them to listen at any time. What I will do upon making the account is that I'll e-mail the password to anyone who expresses intent in uploading their compilation and they can go ahead and do it. If you don't know how to upload, we'll tell you how. If you CAN'T upload, once we have all the tracklistings finalised, they will be posted together in one big post on this thread. I'm sure other people will be able to supply at least some songs from your compilation so it has some representation for people to hear.

Compilation Elaboration

If you would like, you can give a submission explaining why you made the choices you made. I will post it with the poll in which your compilation competes. You can write as little or as much as you like: just remember, other people will be reading it and they probably don't want you to write a book about how great the first ten seconds of Mysterious Ways is.

If you do write a description, please e-mail (amakaxver[at]gmail.com) or PM it to me (NOT Liam) as I will be the one making the polls so I will need them. There is currently no deadline as we can't give a starting date for the competition until all sixteen playlists are finalised. If you send me an e-mail, please use the subject line "[Your screen name here]'s Album Description".

Upload question: What if I have my own and I've started my projects? Can I just send you the link to the projects to post? An alternate to posting three big .zip files on is to do each track individually (that's what I've done) and then people can download the tracks they need?
Old 05-20-2006, 12:46 PM   #135
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:52 PM
when the competition starts, are usernames going to be associated with compilations, or are we simply voting for the compilations we like best, and then the user who submitted that compilation will be revealed at the end once he/she wins?