The Aussie Chat Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

I hate Nathan Bracken more. Especially because he looks like a girl I went to school with. I didn't dislike her, actually. She was nice, though bizarrely married my friend's brother. But it seems that with every passing game, Bracken is trying more and more to accentuate his likeness to her and it's getting creepy.

Also, Ishant Sharma, 10 overs, 4 for 41. Not bad there either. Sharma has to be the bowler of the summer. Fuck, he's good.

Brett Lee gets cool points because he played along when the crowds in Auckland gave him shit.

Nobody on earth is as bad as Ponting though. Christ, what an wanker.

Sharma is a good bowler, but he's kinda funny lookin'.

Varitek said:
OK I am actually badly in need of a nap before I can focus on the milliseconds of sound modulation required to do this right.

How about Ian and I talk cricket to you for about 10 minutes? You'll be off to sleep in a flash!

Varitek said:

What is DECA? some sort of accademic decathalon, or one of those high school science things, or what?

45'd like colt

Specific to business, though. It's a business decathalon.

coolian2 said:

Everything i've tried to do on Audacity or Sound Forge comes out like a disaster, which isn't a good sign for someone doing Radio Production this year.

Yeah ideally you would have nice sound equipment that could take out the radio one, put the volume back up on the main track, and that would be that. But because the music under radio one repeats itself right after, I'm trying to seamlessly cut and paste over it, it's just a matter of finding the exact right millisecond to cut in and out.

unico said:
i just dropped my study guide in my dog's water bowl :sad:
maybe i should stop witht he magic hat

:lmao: how many have you had? they are so good :drool: i think I only ahve one #9 and one circus left, maybe I have a mystery brew or something...i need another variety pack :drool:

coolian2 said:
Brett Lee gets cool points because he played along when the crowds in Auckland gave him shit.

Nobody on earth is as bad as Ponting though. Christ, what an wanker.

Sharma is a good bowler, but he's kinda funny lookin'.

Yeah, Brett Lee isn't on my shitlist, especially as he's added substance to his style over the last few seasons. The Harbhajan affair aside, I also like Andrew Symonds.

Ponting can go fuck himself with a rusty fork, really. His ego is bigger than all of Tasmania. Also, as much as he seems like a good bloke and a very talented cricketer, Hussey is thoroughly overrated and needs to be taken off the pedestal. The Bradman comparisons are completely unwarranted.

Especially because there will never be another person in any sport in the world as wildly talented as Bradman. He just makes everybody else look like complete hacks. And for that to come from a Kiwi, you know it's true.

Varitek said:

Yeah ideally you would have nice sound equipment that could take out the radio one, put the volume back up on the main track, and that would be that. But because the music under radio one repeats itself right after, I'm trying to seamlessly cut and paste over it, it's just a matter of finding the exact right millisecond to cut in and out.

I'd have a go at it with sound forge but if i didn't have the patience to get it right for assignments last year (i just put interview tracks over my shit parts) i'm probably not going to have the patience to do it here.

the tourist said:

Hahaha. Such demands.

I'm a demanding person. Get to it. And while you're at it, can you grab my lunch for me? I'm getting hungry.

Axver said:

Ponting can go fuck himself with a rusty fork, really. His ego is bigger than all of Tasmania. Also, as much as he seems like a good bloke and a very talented cricketer, Hussey is thoroughly overrated and needs to be taken off the pedestal. The Bradman comparisons are completely unwarranted.

Especially because there will never be another person in any sport in the world as wildly talented as Bradman. He just makes everybody else look like complete hacks. And for that to come from a Kiwi, you know it's true.

I'd add Michael Clark to my shitlist. For some reason i just want to punch him.

If i had a time machine i'd use it too see Bradman play (presuming i can use the time machine multiple times), and i'd also tell him to be ready to block when he went in to bat in his final innings.

Axver said:

No. It's in Andorra.

U2's roving tour of art galleries in European mini-states. :drool:

:wink:
What's the setlist? We could get away with it in here as long as everyone knows it's fake.

coolian2 said:

I'd have a go at it with sound forge but if i didn't have the patience to get it right for assignments last year (i just put interview tracks over my shit parts) i'm probably not going to have the patience to do it here.

Quoting myself but i may have a go tonight.

coolian2 said:
I'd add Michael Clark to my shitlist. For some reason i just want to punch him.

If i had a time machine i'd use it too see Bradman play (presuming i can use the time machine multiple times), and i'd also tell him to be ready to block when he went in to bat in his final innings.

I dislike Stuart Clark more. I don't know why. Maybe because I just don't think he's that good. The new crop of Aussie bowlers really aren't that exciting. Tait's mediocre. Mitchell Johnson at least has some promise. Hogg looks like he should be sitting behind a desk, and has an awful last name.

I cannot imagine any more a glorious sight in all of the world's sports than watching Bradman absolutely dominate. Shame he had to be Australian.

coolian2 said:

Quoting myself but i may have a go tonight.

OK well I am gonna sit on this for a day or two til I have the time and focus to really do it well, which means going to the millisecond zoom and figuring out just where to start....so if you can do it before then or better than that go ahead

Varitek said:
god damn it i am starting again. I have a "clean" ES but it is too choppy

I am sure there is someone on interference more qualified to do this well than me. but they don't seem to have stepped forward in the last 5 years...

Artdirector did something with Edge's noodles didn't he?

the tourist said:

What's the setlist? We could get away with it in here as long as everyone knows it's fake.

How do you feel towards an Unforgettable Fire Spectacular?

Varitek said:

OK well I am gonna sit on this for a day or two til I have the time and focus to really do it well, which means going to the millisecond zoom and figuring out just where to start....so if you can do it before then or better than that go ahead

I expect you to do a better job, because i may not even try and it will probably be a mess anyway.

Varitek said:

Varitek, Ian is an Aucklander. He'll probably just loop "hey cuzzie bro" over the entire song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom