Survivor 14 - Fiji - Page 26 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2007, 11:50 PM   #376
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by trevster2k
What I don't understand is why didn't some take Dre aside and explain the situation he was in. He wasn't going to win the million regardless what he did. There were stronger players around him and Alex, Edgardo and Mookie definitely weren't going to vote for him. So that leaves six votes and he needed 4 of them. Plus, the backlash by betraying Yau would seal his fate in not winning anything. And he would lose so much respect for the betrayal.
Yeah, if Dreamz couldn't figure that out on his own, someone should have explained it to him. Perhaps Yau could have prodded him along at tribal council by saying that, although he might have taken a hit with the jury by coming across as overconfident. But saying it before tribal council would have been fine.

The jury was one of the worst ever. What a bunch of idiots, especially Lisi. I don't know what she's sniffing, but that's some strong stuff. And I understand Alex is a lawyer, but he just came across as an asshole there. And then Boo has to bring religion into it.

Horrendous jury.

Yau played the game the best and deserved to win, and I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't have an audience award like they have previously, because then Yau would have at least got something out of it, as he would have won that going away.

Old 05-14-2007, 12:09 AM   #377
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:50 AM
I found it to be pretty anticlimactic after they voted out Yau. Another Survivor over and the curse of the car lives on.

Old 05-14-2007, 12:27 AM   #378
Blue Crack Distributor

Of the final five in our pool, I had Yau, my daughter had Earl, my niece, who was running the pool, had Boo, my sister had Dreamz, and a friend had Cassandra. And every one of them I talked to tonight were rooting for Yau, despite the fact they would lose money if Yau won. And all over the internets, he seemed to be the overwhelming fan favourite. Seems like such a cool guy.

So, I'm a little bummed, and my daughter is $100 richer tonight. Nonetheless, it was one of the most compelling seasons in a long time, and I really enjoyed it.

I keep wondering if they're going to create another opportunity for him to win, ala Rupert, several seasons back.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:00 AM   #379
Neon Zebra

Local Time: 10:50 PM
The car curse strikes again
Old 05-14-2007, 06:59 AM   #380
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan

The jury was one of the worst ever. What a bunch of idiots, especially Lisi. I don't know what she's sniffing, but that's some strong stuff. And I understand Alex is a lawyer, but he just came across as an asshole there. And then Boo has to bring religion into it.

Horrendous jury.

The 3 you mentioned made Rocky seem like a calm, collected, intelligent man in the way he posed his question, so that tells you all you need to know about the makeup of the jury.
Lotta knuckleheads.

As for Yau, well he set himself up for the possibility of Dreamz reneging, he should have just kept the truck and continued playing the game. He'd have ended up in the same spot, but be driving a nice ride.
(wonder if Dreamz has gotten a license yet? Twas funny when he "won" the truck seeing bthem pull up to the school in his new truck and Booberry was driving).
Old 05-14-2007, 07:02 AM   #381
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by bonosgirl84
The car curse strikes again
And in some odd way, it took down 2 people.
Yau actually won the car, and he lost the million kind of as a result of it, and Dreamz received the car and lost because of it.

I wonder how the vote would have gone if Dreamz never took Yau's car deal and everything played out the same...Probe-st polled the jury on what if Yao Ming had been in the final 3, but what if there had been no car for immunity deal?
I think Earl would have still won, but not 9-0-0, more like maybe 6-3-0, with Dreamz getting Boo, Rocky and maybe Stacy.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:46 AM   #382
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 02:50 AM

I think it's sickening that Dreamz was going on and on about showing his kids that he is a man of his word, wanting to set a proper example for them. But then it's, "Oh...I didn't realize THREE of us got to go before the jury for the chance at the million!" Like he even had a chance of winning it anyway. I don't believe him when he says he was playing the game the whole time and never planned to give Yau immunity. He had planned to up until he realized that if he kept it, he would automatically be put in a position where he could possibly be handed a million dollars, as opposed to still having to fight to be in the final two.

Would I have given up immunity if I was in Dreamz's position? Wouldn't be an issue for me, I would have never accepted the deal. You're in a competition for a million dollars, and you're willing to settle for a truck? No, thanks. I wouldn't want that big of a debt to another player.

My heart broke for Yau, but I thought he was very kind to Dreamz then...telling him to enjoy the truck and not feel bad. Whether or not Yau truly meant that, it was still an admirable way to handle what had happened.

I felt a lot of anger towards Earl for voting Yau out...but that was really the only thing Earl did all season that I didn't like. He also would have been sealing his own fate by allowing Yau to stay though, so I can't say I blame him. If it couldn't be Yau, I'm glad it was Earl.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 05-14-2007, 11:51 AM   #383
New Yorker

I agree with what everyone is saying here...was super sad Yau was not in the final 3...cassandra sure as hell did not deserve to be there....she rode everyone to the final....but Earl winning was my 2nd choice, and he was wise not to keep Yau there, he would have never won.

I am ALWAYS amazed at how different these folks look off the island...Earl was almost unrecognizable!
Old 05-14-2007, 12:30 PM   #384
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Oh...and how did Cassandra make it this far without knowing how to swim?? I would have thought that would be a pre-requisite for the show.

Old 05-14-2007, 12:37 PM   #385
Refugee

Local Time: 11:50 PM
First off, CONGRATS to Earl! He played a good, clean game and he deserves the win. As much as I wanted Yau Man to win, if i was in Earl's position, I probably would have done the same thing by getting rid of Yau. Dreamz is the one that set up that decision anyway. Earl had to make a decision based on what Dreamz did and it was his million dollar decision.

I think Yau will be ok. He obviousy doesn't hold any grudges and seems like an all around great guy. I think there will definitely be a spot for him in the next all-stars and hopefully CBS will do another million dollar giveaway by the fans (Rupert) and Yau would most definitely win that.

As for Dreamz, by making his decision to keep immunity, all he really did was take the million away from Yau and give it to Earl. I mean, how could he actually think he had a chance? Especially after he betrayed Yau like that? (not to mention half of the jury) I just wish that him and Yau would have talked it through more and Yau would have told Dreamz that he wouldn't vote him out if he gave him the necklace, and they could both have a shot at the final 3. At least then Dreamz would have a small chance, because he kept his word to Yau. But Dreamz is a dumb ass who got greedy.

I guess none of this matters now. And even without the whole car drama, things would have ended up the same. Yau was a target anyway and everybody was afraid of him. I kinda think it's Boo's fault for telling Earl that he needed to get rid of Yau. But then again, I think Earl was smart enough to figure it out for himself. Although they did edit it to look like that was the first time Earl had thought of that.

Sorry so long. Can't wait for next season! China should be interesting
Old 05-14-2007, 12:44 PM   #386
Neon Zebra

Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick
Oh...and how did Cassandra make it this far without knowing how to swim?? I would have thought that would be a pre-requisite for the show.
There was another guy named Osten from the Pearl Islands season who couldn't swim either.

He quit the show after like, twenty days though.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:02 PM   #387
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Ah, yes, I remember Osten. Pretty impressive for Cassandra to make it the whole time with no swimming skills. But, in a way, it just adds to the whole "what did she do?" question. She was just very fortunate to have aligned with the right people.

It's hard to fault somebody's strategy when they did end up making it to the final three, but I still think the million deserves to go to somebody who played the game a little harder. I'm glad Earl got it.

Old 05-14-2007, 01:07 PM   #388
Neon Zebra

I totally agree.

Halfway through last night's jury questions I was like, wait a minute, how did she even GET there?
Old 05-14-2007, 01:08 PM   #389
ONE
love, blood, life

people always want the winner to play hard, but play clean.

idealism will never die.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:11 PM   #390
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by bonosgirl84

There was another guy named Osten from the Pearl Islands season who couldn't swim either.

He quit the show after like, twenty days though.
I think Gervace from season 1 couldn't swim either.