Survivor 14 - Fiji - Page 23 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-11-2007, 07:26 AM   #331
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:05 AM
And one last thing: WTF do they put the finale on Mother's day?
Probably have to watch it on tape Monday as a result. Stupid CBS.

Old 05-11-2007, 07:50 AM   #332
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by trevster2k

Yeah, but some people would not have played the idol thinking Stacy was just blabbering. No luck involved. He evaluated the situation and all the cues given to him and responded accordingly. Luck would be him pulling out the idol without any external influence whatsover on a hunch, this was not luck. And yes, Stacy was the nail in the coffin to his decision to use the idol. But if he had not been considering the possibility of it happening which he did. Or have an awareness of how close Dreamz and Cassandra are, which he does. He may have disregarded her comment thinking she is just overconfident after being mislead by others in the group into thinking she had a chance. This is one of the strategies used to calm people before they get voted out. They have made people think they are safe and then out they go despite showing confidence at the tribal council. A split vote could mean anything especially coming from the person who was targeted for going home. Look what happened at the tribal council when Michelle went home, everything was said and put out there and Dreamz stilled screwed it up.

Actually, I would think Yao has been prepared to use the idol since he found it at every council especially since they all know he had it. This guy has an incredibly analytical mind and watches everything. Unlike Boo, who decided to go off by himself and miss everyone talking about him while he planned on sneaking up on others talking about him.

Earl looked bewildered at Yao's actions because he had no idea why Yao was pulling the idol. He never had Yao's conversation with Dreamz, he never had bad vibes, he probably never noticed people behaving differently around Yao. Yao has been noticing different things about people and evaluating them throughout the whole season.

I agree that Stacy's comment helped seal the deal but don't like the suggestion it was luck. Winning the lottery is luck, evaluating and studying stocks and investing based on information about a company and getting a windfall is not luck.
I pretty much agree with all that you say, but let's face it, he got lucky with Stacy's blunder, pure and simple. Perhaps we'll see at the beginning of the next episode when they are returning from tribal council if there is any further insight into this. I'm betting Earl and Yao talk about it, and that Yao says he played it because of what Stacy said.

Old 05-11-2007, 09:17 AM   #333
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 08:05 AM

My mom had stopped watching this season because she thought it was so boring. The last few episodes have definitely been the best of the season though!

Yau is amazing, I want him to win so badly. I was so worried he was going to get voted out last night, I was actually yelling at the TV like an idiot for him to pull out the idol.

Quote:
Originally posted by trevster2k

Oh, and that was funny when Earl pushed Dreamz into the water during the immunity challenge.
I know!

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 05-11-2007, 10:10 AM   #334
War Child

Could Stacy be any more brain dead, if she was a bit sharper Yao would be the one who was gone. Early on I like the guy and was rooting for him to win, but he has just gotten too arrogant which is a part of the game that I hate. Im actually hoping to see Boo win now,
Old 05-11-2007, 11:22 AM   #335
Refugee

Local Time: 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick

Yau is amazing, I want him to win so badly. I was so worried he was going to get voted out last night, I was actually yelling at the TV like an idiot for him to pull out the idol.
ME TOO!! I was yelling at the TV last week too for Yau to use it, but luckily his instincts were on.

I'm really worried about Yau now. Earl is the only one who has stayed loyal to him and I worry that the only way Yau can make it into the final four is if he wins immunity next week or if Earl gives him the immunity idol. Because i'm almost positive the other three will be gunning for Yao again.

I love Earl, but I'm starting to wonder how loyal he really is to Yau. Would he give up his idol for him, knowing Yau is his biggest competition? If Earl helps save Yau, he is basically kissing the million dollars goodbye.

Ugh, i'm so torn! I wanna see both Earl and Yau in the final 3, but I don't know if that's possible. I have to give props to Cassandra though for trying to make a move of her own. And Dreamz isn't as dumb as I thought, but he's still never gonna be given the million.

Boo in the final 3? Well, i'd say it's pretty harmless. Nobody's gonna give him the money. I'd like to see and Earl, Yau and Boo final 3. Cassandra just blew her shot.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:06 PM   #336
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 04:05 AM
Isnt next tribal council the last time you can use the idol? So basically if Earl wins immunity he could give Yau the idol since he wont be able to use it anymore anyway.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:48 PM   #337
Refugee

^^ Yes, but Earl has to know that if he keeps Yau in the finals with him, he is in trouble. The question is, will he be loyal to Yau? or will he do what's best for himself and turn on Yau?

Either way, Earl has a good shot of winning the game. If he gives Yau his idol, the jury will see what a great guy he is. If he doesn't , the jury will never know the difference. I really like Earl and I hope he saves Yau, because that would make for a good finale.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:56 PM   #338
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy
Isnt next tribal council the last time you can use the idol? So basically if Earl wins immunity he could give Yau the idol since he wont be able to use it anymore anyway.
Yeah next TC is it, so if Earl doesn't win the immunity necklace, he should play the idol even if everyone tells him they are voting BooBerry off, cause we know how people lie in this game.
If he does win, I imagine he gives it to Yowza Yowza Yowza.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:03 PM   #339
Refugee

Earl never wins immunity though. It will be Boo or Yau winning it. But it all depends on the challenge. Yau needs to win it to insure his survival. If not, we will see how loyal Earl really is to Yau.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:13 PM   #340
Blue Crack Addict

I'm betting that Dreamz wins the next immunity, and that he, Cassandra, and Boo vote for Yao, but unbeknownst to them, Earl has the other idol and gives it to Yao. Then, they vote for Boo and he goes.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:34 PM   #341
New Yorker

Local Time: 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ultravioletluvv

I love Earl, but I'm starting to wonder how loyal he really is to Yau. Would he give up his idol for him, knowing Yau is his biggest competition? If Earl helps save Yau, he is basically kissing the million dollars goodbye.

I do not think Earl would give this idol to Yau...I mean....remember...Earl has been to immunity island the most...and he basically gave the clues to Yau, and got the tribe away so Yau could dig for the idol....so in my eyes..he gave the 1st one to Yau...I don't think he will give this one to him too....I just hope the can both hang on til the final
Old 05-12-2007, 01:39 AM   #342
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

So, where's the next Survivor going to be ?
Old 05-12-2007, 10:42 AM   #343
Neon Zebra

China.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:49 AM   #344
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
I'm betting that Dreamz wins the next immunity, and that he, Cassandra, and Boo vote for Yao, but unbeknownst to them, Earl has the other idol and gives it to Yao. Then, they vote for Boo and he goes.
That's what I hope happens. Although I'm kinda hoping they get rid of Cassandra instead, just to show her that she shouldn't have betrayed their alliance.

I just really hope that Earl can part with his idol. If he knows that he won't need it for himself, I hope he lets Yau use it. Even though that wouldn't be in his best interest.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:55 AM   #345
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
And one last thing: WTF do they put the finale on Mother's day?
Probably have to watch it on tape Monday as a result. Stupid CBS.
WTF do they have to put Mother's Day on the day of Survivor's finale?