Stadium Arcadium has leaked.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really dig 'Animal Bar'. One of the hidden gems of the set.

'If' would've prolly been a better album closer! Martian is okay but doesn't really fit as a grand finale to this brilliant album IMO.

Last edited:
Zootlesque said:
'If' would've prolly been a better album closer! Martian is okay but doesn't really fit as a grand finale to this brilliant album IMO.

I def agree :up:

it's melancholic and the subject matter works perfectly to close out Stadium Awesomium.

I'm trademarking that.

Zootlesque said:

I love Martian. The last half of it where Keidis is just reading a poem over music...the music in that part has that 'classic' feel to it. Think the 'Stairway To Heaven' riff, the 'Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds' riff, the 'I Want You(She's So Heavy)' riff, the outro to RHCP's 'Sir Psycho Sexy', etc.

I love it.

namkcuR said:

I love Martian. The last half of it where Keidis is just reading a poem over music...the music in that part has that 'classic' feel to it. Think the 'Stairway To Heaven' riff, the 'Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds' riff, the 'I Want You(She's So Heavy)' riff, the outro to RHCP's 'Sir Psycho Sexy', etc.

I love it.

I've gotta give it another listen and pay attention to the lyrics. :wink:

Alright, a couple of questions for you Stadium Awesomium ;) fans...

1. First, do you know if there are any tracks that were left out and deemed B-side material? There are 28 freakin' tracks on the album. That's like the entirety of the U2 Bomb sessions! :lol:

2. Do you think any song or songs that did make the album should've been left behind for B-sides because they're just not as good?

I honestly cannot think of any that aren't good enough to be on the album... there may be 1 or 2 tracks at the end of Mars but I haven't given them a fair listen yet!

Zootlesque said:

Alright, a couple of questions for you Stadium Awesomium ;) fans...

1. First, do you know if there are any tracks that were left out and deemed B-side material? There are 28 freakin' tracks on the album. That's like the entirety of the U2 Bomb sessions! :lol:

2. Do you think any song or songs that did make the album should've been left behind for B-sides because they're just not as good?

First of all, you're awesome for using the name

According to Wikipedia:

Although 38 songs were created - intended to be released as 3 mini-albums spaced six months apart like System of a Down"

The first CD single "Dani California" (or one of its versions) does contain a total of three non-album tracks:
"Million Miles of Water"
"Whatever We Want"
"Lately"
presumably picked from those ten songs.

According to Frusciante.net, there will be seven singles off the album. Three have been confirmed by the band and their label: the current single "Dani California", "Tell Me Baby" and "Snow ((Hey Oh))". " Storm In A Teacup" and "Stadium Arcadium" are also rumored but still unconfirmed by the band and their label. While not even released as a single yet, "Snow ((Hey Oh))" climbed to number fifty-three in the U.K. iTunes top 100 on May 13; this bodes well for a future release.

I don't like Strip My Mind, Torture Me, Warlocks, or Slow Cheetah. Coincidentally they're all on the first disc.

Last edited:
LemonMacPhisto said:

First of all, you're awesome for using the name

:lol:

I should've added 'credit due to LMP' ;)

LemonMacPhisto said:

I don't like Strip My Mind, Torture Me, Warlocks, or Slow Cheetah. Coincidentally they're all on the first disc.

:shocked:

Strip My Mind, I can somewhat understand. It's prolly my least fav track off Jupiter although I do like it. Torture Me is brilliant IMO, with the fantastic opening and on-going bassline and that totally ass-kicking solo by Frusciante at the end! :rockon: Warlocks is completely funktastic! And I thought everyone liked Slow Cheetah! :wink:

Thanks for the info, btw! :up:

Zootlesque said:

:shocked:

Strip My Mind, I can somewhat understand. It's prolly my least fav track off Jupiter although I do like it. Torture Me is brilliant IMO, with the fantastic opening and on-going bassline and that totally ass-kicking solo by Frusciante at the end! :rockon: Warlocks is completely funktastic! And I thought everyone liked Slow Cheetah! :wink:

Thanks for the info, btw! :up:

no problemo. :rockon:

I listened to those alot when I first got the leak, and now that I have the album, they don't do much for me. I should've re-phrased that, because I can listen to Warlocks sporadically, but not the others.

How fucking beautiful is Hey??? I'm sorry I'm not able to get over the awesomeness of this album.. as you guys can very well see. I was tempted to start a 'Hey' appreciation thread but decided against it cos I could see the non-RHCP fans complaining. ;)

But coming back to Hey, it's got everything from the haunting bassline that opens it and the laid back guitar to gorgeous Flea backing vocals (Hey, what would you say if I stayed? Stayed for a while, if I may) and a brilliant solo by our man Frusciante! I see it as the Scar Tissue of this album almost! Totally laid back, chill out song (picture the Scar Tissue video ;) )... great for driving down an empty highway... with Frusciante solo-ing standing on the flat bed of the pick-up you're driving... how's that? :wink:

the b-side Whatever We Want is definitely album worthy, it kicks so much ass it should be illegal in the contigous United States and yes, even Canada.

Zootlesque said:
How fucking beautiful is Hey??? I'm sorry I'm not able to get over the awesomeness of this album.. as you guys can very well see. I was tempted to start a 'Hey' appreciation thread but decided against it cos I could see the non-RHCP fans complaining. ;)

But coming back to Hey, it's got everything from the haunting bassline that opens it and the laid back guitar to gorgeous Flea backing vocals (Hey, what would you say if I stayed? Stayed for a while, if I may) and a brilliant solo by our man Frusciante! I see it as the Scar Tissue of this album almost! Totally laid back, chill out song (picture the Scar Tissue video ;) )... great for driving down an empty highway... with Frusciante solo-ing standing on the flat bed of the pick-up you're driving... how's that? :wink:

I love how Jupiter ends with Wet Sand and Hey. Wet Sand builds up to this beautiful epic ending and then Hey lets the album breeze to a calm end.

LemonMacPhisto said:
the b-side Whatever We Want is definitely album worthy, it kicks so much ass it should be illegal in the contigous United States and yes, even Canada.

Where can I find the B-sides?

Misheard lyric:

you got some glitter on your titty at the discotheque

:silent:

Actual lyric:

you got some glitter on your kitty at the discotheque

I think I prefer the first one. Makes more sense to me. :shifty:

namkcuR said:
Ok Zoots, serious question:

If Stadium Arcadium was a woman, would you shag her?

:wink:

You kidding?

Abso-freakin-lutely! :combust:

With Slow Cheetah or Hey playing in the background.

:wink:

Zootlesque said:
Misheard lyric:

you got some glitter on your titty at the discotheque

:silent:

Actual lyric:

you got some glitter on your kitty at the discotheque

I think I prefer the first one. Makes more sense to me. :shifty:

Maybe my mind is just perpetually in the proverbial gutter, but:
kitty=pussy cat=um, you can figure it out

Status