South Sandwich Islands Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:up: i know they'd never come here, but that's fine. they don't now, when they play a buttload of shows!

I bet if they released a country album, they'd play a huge gig in Nashville! :happy:

exactly. you're never the best judge of your own material. if you were, i'd be a famous singer, too.

:lol: now that i'm paying attention, it seems to be for their facial skincare line, which i don't use.

:lol:

Often you need some fresh ears and outside opinions. You get too attached to your own stuff and need somebody to say "nah, this is crap" or "why the hell are you putting this aside?"

Heh, my mother used to look down on canned soup, but over the last couple of years, she's tried some and has changed her tune. She finds them to be a great lazy lunch, and obviously damn handy when you're unwell.

:lol: Melbourne has so much great food, it's amazing. I guess that's what comes with being such a multi-cultural city. Though I don't imagine you'll be dining in the famous Italian cuisine precinct of Lygon Street, heh. But there's plenty of Asian and Indian food, and some Greek, and all kinds of other things. I feel bad because I really don't eat out that much!

Melbourne University in the top twenty universities in the world. :drool: And it's still spectacularly cheap compared to the US universities with it in the top twenty.
yeah, some of them aren't bad. the more expensive they are, the better the quality is usually. though with canned stuff i always have to check how much sodium is in there. it's ludicrous the amount of sodium in some canned and frozen foods. but like you said, they're a great thing to have that requires little cooking.

actually, if i were in a town with authentic italian food, i might try it occasionally. but oooh, asian, indian, and greek, those are some of my favourite types of cuisine :drool:

i know! i was amazed when looking at the prices. you don't have to charge an arm and a leg just to be a good school. better to give most a chance for a good education :up:

Hey, we can post Mediafire links now without them being auto-censored out?

I bet if they released a country album, they'd play a huge gig in Nashville! :happy:

Often you need some fresh ears and outside opinions. You get too attached to your own stuff and need somebody to say "nah, this is crap" or "why the hell are you putting this aside?"
:yuck: here's hoping that never happens!

exactly. no one can look objectively at their own work.

So the question is: Will Axver think my current band's songs are crap?

OH, and Hollis Brown isn't necessarily the band name. We're trying to come up with something better. Got any suggestions? Our newer material is poppier than the album we're working on finishing up.

yeah, some of them aren't bad. the more expensive they are, the better the quality is usually. though with canned stuff i always have to check how much sodium is in there. it's ludicrous the amount of sodium in some canned and frozen foods. but like you said, they're a great thing to have that requires little cooking.

actually, if i were in a town with authentic italian food, i might try it occasionally. but oooh, asian, indian, and greek, those are some of my favourite types of cuisine :drool:

i know! i was amazed when looking at the prices. you don't have to charge an arm and a leg just to be a good school. better to give most a chance for a good education :up:

Yeah, Mum pointed me towards a couple of brands and I've been pretty satisfied with what I've had the last couple of weeks! Sure, I'd prefer proper home-made soup, but that'd take ages.

We've a HUGE Italian population in Melbourne. And other cultures. I believe we have the largest Jewish population of any city outside Israel. Hell, sometimes it's hard to find Australians. In a tute at university, I was in this group of six discussing Indigenous land claims and none of us were Aussies.

The government regulates how much tertiary fees are, which is good. But I'm sure some over your way would call that communism. :|

I always make fun of Paul saying the intro to Slit Wrist sounds like the intro to Vertigo. He always flips me off when we're practicing and I call out, "Uno, dos, tres, catorce!"

OH, and Hollis Brown isn't necessarily the band name. We're trying to come up with something better. Got any suggestions? Our newer material is poppier than the album we're working on finishing up.
so far, i think it's good. :up: i just finished the first song and i liked it.

:hmm: i don't know what else to suggest, but there is already a band in nyc using it :hmm:

Now download, listen, and report.

Downloading now. :up:

Yeah, can't say I dig that as a band name, though I've no brilliant ideas. If I ever had a band, though, I'd probably call it The Quiet Minority, just because it cracks me up as the accompaniment to the so-called silent majority.

Yeah, Mum pointed me towards a couple of brands and I've been pretty satisfied with what I've had the last couple of weeks! Sure, I'd prefer proper home-made soup, but that'd take ages.

We've a HUGE Italian population in Melbourne. And other cultures. I believe we have the largest Jewish population of any city outside Israel. Hell, sometimes it's hard to find Australians. In a tute at university, I was in this group of six discussing Indigenous land claims and none of us were Aussies.

The government regulates how much tertiary fees are, which is good. But I'm sure some over your way would call that communism. :|
:yes: exactly. homemade's always best, but sometimes you just don't have the time.

ooh, that's awesome! :up: i love diverse areas.

yeah, god forbid poor people might get to thinking they could get a decent education! :rolleyes:

Paul really wants us to go as Paper Mountains. I'm very meh about it. Our drummer hates it. Our bassist is okay with it. The keyboardist is very meh about it as well.

:hmm:

test:

blahblahblah

damn. you send it and . m p 3 are still blocked.

Huh, weird. Wonder why Mediafire's now OK? Can we say Send Space now? Let's see:

Edit: evidently not!

I always make fun of Paul saying the intro to Slit Wrist sounds like the intro to Vertigo. He always flips me off when we're practicing and I call out, "Uno, dos, tres, catorce!"

:lmao:

Huh, weird. Wonder why Mediafire's now OK? Can we say Send Space now? Let's see:

Edit: evidently not!

Did you listen to it??? Hahaha. Anyway, he's not the biggest U2 fan. He likes The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby and that's about it.

:yes: exactly. homemade's always best, but sometimes you just don't have the time.

ooh, that's awesome! :up: i love diverse areas.

yeah, god forbid poor people might get to thinking they could get a decent education! :rolleyes:

And sometimes you're just lazy and willing to settle for something that, while not the best, still tastes quite edible and enjoyable.

Oh no, the poor people might advance in society and threaten the hegemony of the neocon snobs and their rich dumbfuck Bush kids!

Hey, we can post Mediafire links now without them being auto-censored out?
That's the crazy part. MSN blocks Mediafire links in IMs, but Interference lets us post them. It's Bizarro world :uhoh:

You come here to show off Madonna's boobies? :wink:
And sometimes my own if the mood strikes me :sexywink:

But right now it's 4 AM and bedtime. Later, guys :wave:

:lol: if you guys do change your name, would you consider doing that?

btw, i'm on nude scenes now. i liked control a lot too, as well as this song. these are great :up:

Glad you like them! Our best stuff is the brand new stuff we're writing. Our second album is gonna really be the shit (not to toot my own horn, I just absolutely love our new songs).

Paul really wants us to go as Paper Mountains. I'm very meh about it. Our drummer hates it. Our bassist is okay with it. The keyboardist is very meh about it as well.

Hm. I don't mind that name. Prefer it over Hollis Brown in any case. Definitely could be better, though.

Did you listen to it??? Hahaha. Anyway, he's not the biggest U2 fan. He likes The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby and that's about it.

Not yet, just nearly finished downloading the three.

Hm. I don't mind that name. Prefer it over Hollis Brown in any case. Definitely could be better, though.

Not yet, just nearly finished downloading the three.

I suggested "Punk As Fuck" as a name. He laughed and said no. I wasn't being serious anyway.

And sometimes you're just lazy and willing to settle for something that, while not the best, still tastes quite edible and enjoyable.

Oh no, the poor people might advance in society and threaten the hegemony of the neocon snobs and their rich dumbfuck Bush kids!
:lol: exactly.

oh no, we can't let the lower or middle class have the opportunity to succeed! so we can just do away with the pesky middle class altogether :up:

Hey Bonnie! :wave:

That's the crazy part. MSN blocks Mediafire links in IMs, but Interference lets us post them. It's Bizarro world :uhoh:

And sometimes my own if the mood strikes me :sexywink:

But right now it's 4 AM and bedtime. Later, guys :wave:

WTF, MSN blocks stuff in IMs? That's insane. Glad I don't use it any more.

:lol: Have a good night! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom