Red Sox... Yankees... Part 2 - Page 33 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-20-2004, 09:02 PM   #481
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:46 PM
FUCK YEAH!

Old 10-20-2004, 09:12 PM   #482
New Yorker

congratulations.

Old 10-20-2004, 09:14 PM   #483
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:46 PM
Congrats to all the Red Sox fans!

Great series!!!

You guys deserve this!!!

Woo hooo!!!

Now please help me cheer on the Cards tomorrow night!

Old 10-20-2004, 09:21 PM   #484
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:46 PM
Yes! Yes! Yes!
Old 10-20-2004, 09:22 PM   #485
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am cheering for the Cards.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:25 PM   #486
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:46 PM
Truly, that was the most amazing thing I've ever seen.

Its inconceivable to me that they were down 3-0 and they just won the series.

SUCH a deserved win.

Old 10-20-2004, 09:33 PM   #487
ONE
love, blood, life

Yankees have 26 WS championships and the worst loss in the history of baseball. The crown of all CHOKES now belongs to the Yanks.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:36 PM   #488
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

If you're gonna lose, lose big.

-- Al Bundy
Old 10-20-2004, 09:50 PM   #489
New Yorker

Sox really do deserve this... for the Yankees, blowing a 3-0 lead like that is a team effort

but don't get too cocky Sox fans... whether or not you believe in it, the curse still hasn't been broken
Old 10-20-2004, 09:56 PM   #490
Blue Crack Supplier

and umass is being burned to the ground.

seriously, there are helicopters flying around out there.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:57 PM   #491
War Child

This is why baseball is the greatest game ever invented.
"My feeling is that it is cool for people to share our music -- as long as no one is making money from the process. We tell people who come to our concerts that they can tape the shows if they want. I think it is cool that people are so passionate about our music" -- Bono
The continuous search for purpose...
Old 10-20-2004, 10:02 PM   #492
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by easytiger
Sox really do deserve this... for the Yankees, blowing a 3-0 lead like that is a team effort

but don't get too cocky Sox fans... whether or not you believe in it, the curse still hasn't been broken
The curse of the Bambino is gone, soon to be replaced with the curse of Roger Clemens (he's probably on schedule to pitch game 7 if the Astros win).
Old 10-20-2004, 10:32 PM   #493
Blue Crack Distributor

reading this thread from the point i last posted until now was actually pretty pathetic. each and every one of you lost your faith and was expecting the worst when pedro gave up 2 stinkin' runs in a 7 run game. come on now... seriously... the red sox dominated the entire game, yet you're still expecting the worst.

all credit due to the red sox players, and all credit lost to the yankees players, who have succesfuly completed the greatest collapse in baseball history... for now.

as for the fans, you're still a bunch of phonys.

like i said from the start, and like i repeat over and over again, i am NOT a yankee fan, i am a fan of whoever is playing against the red sox. i hope it's the astros, but if it's the cardinals, so be it. whoever wins tommorow's game 7 now becomes my second favorite team.

tonight hurt... absolutely it did. but it's not the end all, it's just another notch in the ladder.

the curse is reversed? bullshit the curse is reversed... in 1986 the red sox beat the yankees and advanced to the world series. sure it was in the regular season, but back then the regular season was the only time they could meet. it was impossiable for two teams from the same division to meet in the playoffs. yet, the red sox beat the yankees, and still went on to lose the world series in the most embarassing of fashions... the "bill buckner" game... the second worst collapse in baseball history (second only to the 2004 yankees... a team that is an absolute disgrace).

so all i have to say is this... win the world series. go ahead... you have no excuse anymore. you have finally exorcised the demons, or so you think. the yankees are gone... WIN THE WORLD SERIES. if the sox win the series, then they deserve to, and then you can go ahead and burn the city of boston down like we all know will happen if and when they do actually win the world series. but if the sox don't win the series now... if they fall short yet again... then please... red sox fans and non red sox fans who just feel like jumping on the bandwagon (wink wink to most of those who post in this forum)... if you don't win this world series, then please... just shut the fuck up, and shut the fuck up forever. there is no excuse anymore. WIN IT. Win the damned thing. If you don't win, I don't want to hear another fucking whine about how the yankees have a higher payroll or the curse or anything. WIN or shutup.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:35 PM   #494
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
reading this thread from the point i last posted until now was actually pretty pathetic. each and every one of you lost your faith and was expecting the worst when pedro gave up 2 stinkin' runs in a 7 run game. come on now... seriously... the red sox dominated the entire game, yet you're still expecting the worst.

all credit due to the red sox players, and all credit lost to the yankees players, who have succesfuly completed the greatest collapse in baseball history... for now.

as for the fans, you're still a bunch of phonys.

like i said from the start, and like i repeat over and over again, i am NOT a yankee fan, i am a fan of whoever is playing against the red sox. i hope it's the astros, but if it's the cardinals, so be it. whoever wins tommorow's game 7 now becomes my second favorite team.

tonight hurt... absolutely it did. but it's not the end all, it's just another notch in the ladder.

the curse is reversed? bullshit the curse is reversed... in 1986 the red sox beat the yankees and advanced to the world series. sure it was in the regular season, but back then the regular season was the only time they could meet. it was impossiable for two teams from the same division to meet in the playoffs. yet, the red sox beat the yankees, and still went on to lose the world series in the most embarassing of fashions... the "bill buckner" game... the second worst collapse in baseball history (second only to the 2004 yankees... a team that is an absolute disgrace).

so all i have to say is this... win the world series. go ahead... you have no excuse anymore. you have finally exorcised the demons, or so you think. the yankees are gone... WIN THE WORLD SERIES. if the sox win the series, then they deserve to, and then you can go ahead and burn the city of boston down like we all know will happen if and when they do actually win the world series. but if the sox don't win the series now... if they fall short yet again... then please... red sox fans and non red sox fans who just feel like jumping on the bandwagon (wink wink to most of those who post in this forum)... if you don't win this world series, then please... just shut the fuck up, and shut the fuck up forever. there is no excuse anymore. WIN IT. Win the damned thing. If you don't win, I don't want to hear another fucking whine about how the yankees have a higher payroll or the curse or anything. WIN or shutup.
I'm quite impressed by your ability to launch profanity-laced personal insults to a large number of people while hiding behind a computer screen.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:39 PM   #495
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Freedman
This is why baseball is the greatest game ever invented.
AMEN!