Red Sox... Yankees... Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DaveC said:

No no I didn't mean A-Rod's emotions got the best of him, I meant the ump. I'm a hockey referee, when there's a lot going on there's more of a tendency to fuck up the call, which is what that ump did.

I have a lot of sympathy for sports officials, as I'm sure you can tell.

Anyways, a lead-off walk for New York, bottom of the 9th, no outs.

Come on Sox...

Ah yes your post does say that I was a bit hot and read it wrong sorry :) I feel alot better now :hyper:

Hey Headache, better warm up the grill...

I've got a rather large crow that's just dying to be eaten tomorrow night should the Sox win. :wink:

drivemytrabant said:

A-Rod tried to knock the ball out of the pitchers hand as he went by on the way to first.
The ump at first called him safe and then out after an ump conference. Francona pulled his players off the field partially--because the fans in NY were throwing things on the field. After the inning was over--security brought in riot police and they are now positioned on the field down the lines by the tarp while the game is being played. Very odd and embarrassing I think that they would be forced to do that.

A-Rod was also outside the basepath when he whacked Arroyo's glove.

Last edited:
IWasBored said:

wasn't it jeter?

Jeter was on first, and had to stay there after A-Rod was called out. A-Rod's little gamble backfired.

Oh yeah, Ronan Tynan gave another absurd rendition of "God Bless America" tonight.

Last edited:
as for the a-rod incident... it's odd that there's no rule against what he did in the offical rule book, but that there is a rule in the "umpire's addendum." clearly a-rod interfered with the ball... and if that's the rule, then he's out.

schillling put forth beyond a willis reed like performance. that's what everyone compared his attempt to, but what they all forget is that willis lasted a little more than a minute before having to be taken out of the game. schilling threw 99 pitches, .lasted long, and saved the bullpen. an amazing performance by him.

my only issue is that they used arroyo... so now wakefield has to go long tommorow. but hey... like i've said before... i've disagreed with a lot of things francona has done thus far, yet we're going go game 7 anyway.

i've talked a lot of shit thus far... and i'm prepared to eat all the crow you can come up with if indeed the sawks win tommorow night... i mean really... would you expect this series to go anything other than 7 games?

yet... i'm still very confident that the bambino will win out in the end. so, without any other words... let's fucking go.

and i just got off the phone with the last of my college friends who are from new york yet are stuck in the middle of red sox nation... he's depressed, he's losing his faith... i pumped him up a bit.. i'm ready to go... i'm ready to eat all the crow you can bring, because i knwo i won't have to eat it... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO let's fucking go

Game 7... this is what it's all about.

BRILLIANT

Last edited:
Alright, fine, we'll compare Schilling's performance to MJ's flu game.

Most of the bullpen is ready for Boston, plus Lowe. Arroyo should be OK as well. My biggest worry is that Keith Foulke won't pitch at all or won't pitch well -- 100 pitches over 5 innings in the last 3 nights.

That, plus all the painkillers they gave Schilling are probably going to screw up his central nervous system and turn him into a psychotic killing machine.

Last edited:
speedracer said:

Jeter was on first, and had to stay there after A-Rod was called out. A-Rod's little gamble backfired.

Oh yeah, Ronan Tynan gave another absurd rendition of "God Bless America" tonight.

alright, so somehow in my head i got the two of them switched. :der:

there was seriously something fucked up with his singing.

DaveC said:

No no I didn't mean A-Rod's emotions got the best of him, I meant the ump. I'm a hockey referee, when there's a lot going on there's more of a tendency to fuck up the call, which is what that ump did.
No Dave, it wasn't emotion, Marsh's view was blocked by Mientkewicz so all he saw was the ball come loose, thats why the other umps had to get involved cause at least one of them was able to see A-Roid's white Hamburger Helper gloved hand swipe at Brandon Arroyo's glove.

Francona said last night Lowe might start, not Wakefield

Curt went out there w/ his ankle stitched and bleeding. He is just the ultimate bball player and person in my eyes.

I just want to say A Rod is an ass and I'm so glad he's not a Red Sox :D

I love your sig IWB

Headache in a Suitcase said:

my only issue is that they used arroyo... so now wakefield has to go long tommorow. but hey... like i've said before... i've disagreed with a lot of things francona has done thus far, yet we're going go game 7 anyway.
Of course Francona said Derek Lowe will be starting, its not yet announced officially, so it mght still be Bill Wakefield, but for now its Lowe vs Wallbanger, with Bill W first out of the pen for the Sox, but we could tune in and see Bill Wakefield start against Harvey Vasquez.
Either way its all hands on for both teams. Both got the regular bullpen some rest last night with the exceptions of Marshall Foulke for the Sox and wild child Heredia, fake injury Quantrill (funny how he had to leave game 5 injured so Loaiza could get extra warmups, yet can pitch no problem 24 hts later) and Canyon Sturtze. Advantage there Yankees for getting Flash and Mo a night off while the Sox used Mother Foulke(r). However the Sox did rest Timlin and Embree.
Look for Schilling and Lieber as the only definite no shows on either pitching staff, with Pedro and Mussina as last resorts only as each manager would like to hold them for game 1 of the World Series.

Lets do this thing, bring your hard hats and body armor to play in front of the classy Yankee fans. (Headache did you throw anything last night?):wink:

Last edited:
MrsSpringsteen said:
Curt went out there w/ his ankle stitched and bleeding.
A new definition of Red Sox!
I think I'll market socks with blood stains on 'em could sell a million pair in New England this morning.

Hewson said:
Lets do this thing, bring your hard hats and body armor to play in front of the classy Yankee fans. (Headache did you throw anything last night?):wink:

no but someone in the bar did throw a chair after the last out...

and come on... try telling me that if the situation was reversed and that call was made against the red sox in fenway that they wouldn't have reacted the same way. and it was a relatively mild reaction... a few things were thrown on the field... i for one didn't think that they needed the swat team to respond to that, but hey... better safe than sorry i guess.

but here we go... just a few hours away from yet another Game 7... and once again, in classic yankee-red sox fashion, it's been a series that you couldn't script if you tried. will the red sox finally exorcise the demons? or will lucy pull the football away from charlie brown yet again. only time will tell...

...but on the subject of ghosts... tonight... Game 7... also happens to be the 73rd birthday of the late, great...

mickey.jpg

I'll never understand or condone throwing sh*t on the field or at players/umps.
Anyway, I can understand the Yanks' fans being upset, especially if replays were not shown at the Stadium (don't know the policy, but at Fenway no controversial replays are shown on jumbotron), they should change their tunes when they get home and turn on ESPN. However A-Roid has no right to be upset and act so shocked, he tried to pull a fast one, but the umps corrected the call.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

and come on... try telling me that if the situation was reversed and that call was made against the red sox in fenway that they wouldn't have reacted the same way. and it was a relatively mild reaction... a few things were thrown on the field... i for one didn't think that they needed the swat team to respond to that, but hey... better safe than sorry i guess.

Probably.

No Sox would ever do what A-Rod tried to do, though. You think any of them are that clever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom