Randoooooooooooooom: Ice Dancing Toward Toll House Cookie Bars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
weird day....not one single peep about Corey Haim on the radio while I was hitting snooze for a half hour. I was in the car with the radio on and they were doing a game where you have to answer 3 out of 5 questions right to win a prize. The first question was "what 80's actor died of an OD this morning...." :huh: In the time it took me to shower, get ready, get in my car they announced it. So weird since it was probably not even a half hour and they already had this in a trivia game.

Then.....around 10ish they had breaking news on the radio that every single school in the Minneapolis school district, which is a lot, plus a school in St Paul (I think that's where this particular school is located) was on a code yellow lockdown. No other details were given. It was super creepy the way they announced it and then didn't have anything else to say about it. So we looked online on a local news site and I swear it was word for word the same thing that the radio said. I told a few people at work that I know have kids/grandkids but wasn't sure if they were in a Mpls school district. Of course every was in panic mode trying to find out news but nothing was ever announced again other than school is going on business as usual but no one is allowed outside until school lets out. I just looked on yahoo local news and there's not one single headline. So I went to the local NBC station's website and it didn't say much other than there was a threat on a social network this morning that something could happen at a Mpls school. :crazy:
Scary. Weird. The threat came from Australia?????? :huh:

yeah it must not be a big deal about this school lockdown thing today because the news had 3D TV and school uniforms as their top stories. Weirdness....

Warning as this may be a longish post.....

I know it's been ages since I've posted and since I've spent alot of time on here in the past few years and have made friends with many as a result I wanted to give an explanation as to why I've been pretty much absent for awhile. I realize that I've slacked in keeping touch so I wanted to let you know why.

As many know the day I came home from Vegas my dad went in the hospital and passed away in November. Since all of my family is out of state I was the one that has had to deal with insurance, the funeral home etc and while you think that it's the immediate weeks or month after a loss like that it's the months after that are the hardest when normacly starts again. But what has been the hardest has been my mom. My mom had been having some problems with her memory and confusion before my dad had passed away. Since then it has progressed to full on Dementia and has been on a steady decline way faster then we had thought. Basically if I'm not at work I am dealing and taking care of my mom. Everyday I come home from and work and have dinner and clean or straighten up whatever mess she has left during the day since she is constantly moving stuff around and leaving things everywhere. She doesn't realize or want to believe that where she is at is her home and I have to have the same conversations over and over each day. Most of the time she doesnt realize my dad is gone and doesn't understand we are mother/daughter. At least once a week she wakes me up in the middle of the night wanting to go home and won't let me go back to sleep. I'm pretty much lucky if I can watch an hour show on tv or read a chapter in a book without her constantly interrupting me so I'm surprised I've typed this much!

Last week what I had feared was going to happen at some point but thought would maybe not be so soon happened. She went wandered out and I got a call from the police as I was waiting for take out for dinner. She had gone out without her coat on and a neighbor thought it was odd and called. And yesterday I came home and even though I posted notes everywhere for her not to go out I was gathering my things and saw her walking past the car in the rearview mirror. It's pretty much come to the point that I can't do it on my own anymore so I'm stressed about finances and looking at home care or assisted living and most of that is landing on my shoulders since I'm the only one here.

Some days are bad and some are ok....not very many if at all are really all that good.

Sorry to go on and on but I wanted to let everyone know why it seems like I may have disappeared. I haven't forgotten about everyone...actually think about some of you often. To be honest I hardly have a chance to talk or see anyone other than work at this point.

oh crap how did I miss that?!!?

I love it!!!!! Sooooo Gaelic Storm!

For anyone reading that is in the mood for the Irish....looks like FN will have the Bobby Flay Ireland special on again. Should be on next. If you can handle Bobby Flay for an hour in a hideous orange sweater or a very Sherlock Holmesey outfit :yikes:

I know it's been ages since I've posted and since I've spent alot of time on here in the past few years and have made friends with many as a result I wanted to give an explanation as to why I've been pretty much absent for awhile. I realize that I've slacked in keeping touch so I wanted to let you know why.

As many know the day I came home from Vegas my dad went in the hospital and passed away in November. Since all of my family is out of state I was the one that has had to deal with insurance, the funeral home etc and while you think that it's the immediate weeks or month after a loss like that it's the months after that are the hardest when normacly starts again. But what has been the hardest has been my mom. My mom had been having some problems with her memory and confusion before my dad had passed away. Since then it has progressed to full on Dementia and has been on a steady decline way faster then we had thought. Basically if I'm not at work I am dealing and taking care of my mom. Everyday I come home from and work and have dinner and clean or straighten up whatever mess she has left during the day since she is constantly moving stuff around and leaving things everywhere. She doesn't realize or want to believe that where she is at is her home and I have to have the same conversations over and over each day. Most of the time she doesnt realize my dad is gone and doesn't understand we are mother/daughter. At least once a week she wakes me up in the middle of the night wanting to go home and won't let me go back to sleep. I'm pretty much lucky if I can watch an hour show on tv or read a chapter in a book without her constantly interrupting me so I'm surprised I've typed this much!

Last week what I had feared was going to happen at some point but thought would maybe not be so soon happened. She went wandered out and I got a call from the police as I was waiting for take out for dinner. She had gone out without her coat on and a neighbor thought it was odd and called. And yesterday I came home and even though I posted notes everywhere for her not to go out I was gathering my things and saw her walking past the car in the rearview mirror. It's pretty much come to the point that I can't do it on my own anymore so I'm stressed about finances and looking at home care or assisted living and most of that is landing on my shoulders since I'm the only one here.

Some days are bad and some are ok....not very many if at all are really all that good.

Sorry to go on and on but I wanted to let everyone know why it seems like I may have disappeared. I haven't forgotten about everyone...actually think about some of you often. To be honest I hardly have a chance to talk or see anyone other than work at this point.

:hug: I'm sorry your have to deal with all of this. Email me anytime if you want to talk....

OMG, kariann :hug: So incredibly sorry that all of that has fallen on your shoulders. Dementia is rough to say the least. To be able to handle this on your own just shows how incredibly mature and responsible you are. Hang in there. Message me on FB if you ever need to vent/talk.
Will keep you in my good thoughts and prayers :hug:
We have missed you around here.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Jennie and I are sooooooooooooooooooooo weak :shifty:
Damn GS for the free download a week before the Milwaukee show :madwife:

Am so weak.......

don't go!!!!!! Then I'll want to go a the end of the month!!! Wait until Festival time! They'll probably play at Irish Fest all 3 nights.

So.......um........yeah..............I am not a strong person when it comes to saying no to music. Esp. when there is no Bruuuuuuuuuuuce to look forward to in the near future :der:

Yeah am pretty certain they will play 3 nights. They also play a night or 2 before Irish Fest at a local bandstand in Wauwatosa.

I hope you can come up with a workable solution; this is rough stuff! :hug:

my sister found out today the place she is temping with is hiring her full time. :hyper: That's awesome. I can't imagine being out of work that long. But.....:sigh: :sad:....Lily. She said "I got a job and before you think about the cat....." Her BF hasn't been able to work due to an injury so I think until he's up and running somewhat full time (he works as a temp nurse and doesn't have an actual set job) they can't move. I've told her a million times over that I'm never going to be upset that she has a better job than me or a place to live on her own; it's all about Lily. So now that's just completely been my focus today. I can't think about anything else other than that sweet little kitty that has been my shadow for two years. She belongs with my sister and Roxy but I don't want her to leave me anytime soon. :sad::sad::sad:

Then my boss talked in circles about a non issue. I didn't even follow his point and didn't care to keep having the conversation about nothing when all I could think about was my little Lil. So a bit later we went into the cooler so I could show him something and there was one can of Guinness left from a few different cakes I made the other day. I said I really want to drink that can. So he cracked it open and said I could have it if I left some for him. :drool: That's usually not allowed at most places unless you're doing a wine tasting so I was a little surprised but not really since he's talked about getting a drink at the bar after a busy night.

:sad: I don't know how I'm supposed to just give up Lily. She's been such a huge part of my life the past 2 years but especially since I've lived here. :sad:

while I'm here having a pity party.....I'm so upset about Conan! I had NO idea he was going on tour or I would have called one of my friends about getting tickets. My student said she heard it on the radio yesterday that Andy said a tour was in the works so she and her friends did some digging online yesterday and this morning so they were prepared. She then disappeared today for a long time. I was starting to get really annoyed and then she comes running back up the steps from the locker room screaming that she just bought tickets on her phone. I told her if she would have just mentioned this to me sooner I would have let her use the computer in the office and she wouldn't have had to stress out about the signal not working on her phone since downstairs is an actual basement. So then we looked and tickets for the back of the balcony were about $50 with all of the fees. Poor me doesn't have that kind of cash this week so I guess it's a good thing I didn't know if advance. But really, even U2 did this. What is up with announcing a tour and then selling the tickets immediately? Doesn't give anyone a chance to plan. I saw Conan's show in NYC once but I would have loved to see him perform in a non TV setting.

I wish he was playing a show in Florida. I can't afford to travel to see him out west, and when he's closer to the southeast, I am away on my U2 Anaheim Vacation Extravaganza (that I also can't afford but have already committed to going into debt for :reject: ).

He's playing Atlanta on 6/14 for his last date, the day I get back to work from vacation. Kerry's not off from work until that week anyway. He needs to add some more shows :madwife:

I'm very sorry to hear this :hug:. I can't imagine how difficult it must be :(.

I work with seniors, and I'm not sure how things work in your state, but if there's any questions you have about resources I could do some research for you.

my sister found out today the place she is temping with is hiring her full time. :hyper: That's awesome. I can't imagine being out of work that long. But.....:sigh: :sad:....Lily. She said "I got a job and before you think about the cat....." Her BF hasn't been able to work due to an injury so I think until he's up and running somewhat full time (he works as a temp nurse and doesn't have an actual set job) they can't move. I've told her a million times over that I'm never going to be upset that she has a better job than me or a place to live on her own; it's all about Lily. So now that's just completely been my focus today. I can't think about anything else other than that sweet little kitty that has been my shadow for two years. She belongs with my sister and Roxy but I don't want her to leave me anytime soon.

Then my boss talked in circles about a non issue. I didn't even follow his point and didn't care to keep having the conversation about nothing when all I could think about was my little Lil. So a bit later we went into the cooler so I could show him something and there was one can of Guinness left from a few different cakes I made the other day. I said I really want to drink that can. So he cracked it open and said I could have it if I left some for him. :drool: That's usually not allowed at most places unless you're doing a wine tasting so I was a little surprised but not really since he's talked about getting a drink at the bar after a busy night.

:sad: I don't know how I'm supposed to just give up Lily. She's been such a huge part of my life the past 2 years but especially since I've lived here. :sad:

Congrats to your sister.
I don't think I will ever own a pet again, the loss is too hard. :hug:

Guinness at work :up:
I could survive the weekend w/ that :)
Will have to settle for bottled water :sigh:, goodbut not Guinness.

while I'm here having a pity party.....I'm so upset about Conan! I had NO idea he was going on tour or I would have called one of my friends about getting tickets. My student said she heard it on the radio yesterday that Andy said a tour was in the works so she and her friends did some digging online yesterday and this morning so they were prepared. She then disappeared today for a long time. I was starting to get really annoyed and then she comes running back up the steps from the locker room screaming that she just bought tickets on her phone. I told her if she would have just mentioned this to me sooner I would have let her use the computer in the office and she wouldn't have had to stress out about the signal not working on her phone since downstairs is an actual basement. So then we looked and tickets for the back of the balcony were about $50 with all of the fees. Poor me doesn't have that kind of cash this week so I guess it's a good thing I didn't know if advance. But really, even U2 did this. What is up with announcing a tour and then selling the tickets immediately? Doesn't give anyone a chance to plan. I saw Conan's show in NYC once but I would have loved to see him perform in a non TV setting.
Conan tour came up quickly.
I presume it is the whole cashing in quickly; not letting the fans get away to find something new.

Feeling oogy. Headache, slight fever, sore throat, coughing here and there. Yeah, work was fun today :|
I think I am gonna watch 2012 and take Thera Flu and hopefully this will be a thing of the past tomorrow morning...........something is going thru the store and I think they shared.

It just dawned on me, we lose an hour of sleep this weekend :scream:

Got put on "tag each style, each size" of luggage duty today. Store manager sez my boss owes me. I mentioned that I earned the Gaelic Storm concert tickets I just bought...........store manager said my boss should buy it for me. :hmm: I like that idea :)

So did Kelly survive her least favorite day of the year (the one she knows about)?

It is over until next year.

The monsoon like rain we had this morning did not help attendance but :shrug:. It figures that the worst weather we've had for a few months occurs during this event. It was inside, but the elderly do not like to drive in thunderstorms :reject:

I hope you feel better shari :hug:

shari, I have a silly question. What type of shoes do you wear at work?

The reason I'm asking is because I've been on my feet a lot lately at work and the sneakers I have right now are just not cutting it :reject:.

I know that arw has her crocs :), but I don't think I can wear those at work :(

:hug: This is so hard to go through alone. We're thinking about you out here.

I should be cleaning for an open house on Sunday and packing for a trip to New Jersey I'm attempting this weekend but I just don't feel like doing any of it. I just want to sit on my ass and zone out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom