Randooooooooom: July 10, 2005

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GibsonGirl said:

:yes:

And I'm not trying to bitch or anything (I've just had NZ dangled in front of my face for 3 days last week - so I'm probably over exaggerating)... but for me, this place is suffocating.

I know I could be in far worse places & should count my blessings... but I'm just enermously ungreatful. :yes:

Queen Bee said:

Wow! Already? I remember when you were counting down at 154 days. :ohmy:

Tell me about it! Though it seems like it's taking forever for it to be September... :sad:

GibsonGirl said:

That's scary. :ohmy: I left South Africa for the Middle East in May of 1996.

We've been separated from our homelands for approximately the same amount of time. :hug:

Wow! You have been to the Middle East! :ohmy: Thats wicked cool.

Insane, huh. How long did the teasing of the accent last? (1.5 years here - although my own mother has described my nautral NZ accent as "awful"). :hyper:

We are like two sad homesick buddies. :hug:

timothius said:

:yes:

And I'm not trying to bitch or anything (I've just had NZ dangled in front of my face for 3 days last week - so I'm probably over exaggerating)... but for me, this place is suffocating.

I know I could be in far worse places & should count my blessings... but I'm just enermously ungreatful. :yes:

I've never been to Australia, but I'll take your word on it. And if it's any consolation, there are some days when I can't stand being in Canada either.

From personal experience, New Zealanders are far nicer people than Aussies. One of my best friends was from Christchurch, and one of my worst enemies was from Melbourne. :madspit:

timothius said:

Wow! You have been to the Middle East! :ohmy: Thats wicked cool.

Insane, huh. How long did the teasing of the accent last? (1.5 years here - although my own mother has described my nautral NZ accent as "awful"). :hyper:

We are like two sad homesick buddies. :hug:

Indeed! It wasn't as bad as everyone thought it was going to be. I even got to ride a camel!

sau11.jpg

My teasing lasted for about a year, until I started putting on a terribly fake American accent. :sad: And what's wrong with NZ accents?! The Aussie accent is a sad imitation!

Queen Bee said:
GibsonGirl has the best accent ever. You should hear her scold you for posting pictures of spiders. :drool:

:lmao: I forgot about the spider scolding!

GibsonGirl said:

Indeed! It wasn't as bad as everyone thought it was going to be. I even got to ride a camel!

My teasing lasted for about a year, until I started putting on a terribly fake American accent. :sad: And what's wrong with NZ accents?! The Aussie accent is a sad imitation!

LittleGibsonGirl :cute:

My New Zealand accent was thicker than a piece of 2X4 :drool:. I have audio tapes of me with it, I just can't get over it - I sound like a completely different person (puberty I would imagine had a hand in that also).

The Australian accent is something I have about 50% of for now. It slips off easily. When I was in SA for a month I lost it within 15 days... and was eaisly speaking fluent New Zealand again... :drool: :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom