Randooooomdadooooooomdoooooooom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks again everyone for the well wishes ~ I'm more bruised today and yes, the pink eyeshadow is now smeared below my left eye as well :ohmy:

Tomorrow we go and visit the insurance people and let them see my makeup job :up:

:help: I am freeeeeeeezing yet warm all at once. My throat hurts. My legs feel like lead. My parents are both sitting in the family room in t shirts and no blankets. I just got out of bed where I have 5 blankets plus I'm wearing the hood on my hoodie. I'm so cold that I can't stop shaking and they are both comfortable. If my mom is comfortable in this house then there's something wrong with me. She's always cold! Why does this have to happen at year end!?!?!?! Everyone at work has been so sick with everything from the stomach flu to colds all week. :sad: I guess if I'm going to be sick better now than in a few weeks! :eek:

:yikes: I woke up in the middle of the night very ill....so did my mom. That's all I'll say.

I HAD to go to work. It's year end! I got there, asked my partner to take all of my stuff, told my boss about my evening....she told me to leave asap so I didn't get anyone else sick. I was home by 8:45 :| I couldn't just call in on the last day of the year. But everyone said I looked like crap.

I just woke up now. I feel sooooo much better. My mom is still upstairs dying. :( Everyone around here has had some sort of stomach bug the last few weeks. My brother was really sick on Wed and we saw him on Mon and Tues so I guess that's how it all started.

Everyone that has been sick with it has said it's just a 24 hour thing. Let's hope! :yuck:

Stomach bugs are evil :hug:.

The last time I had one, I had my dad drive me to work just so I could get the employee phone list and call people before they came in (because I'm the one who usually opens in the morning and that wasn't going to happen that day).

Hope you feel better soon.

I feel completely fine now. :madwife: I'm going to miss the year end happy hour tonight :sad:

I feel sooooo bad for my coworkers that had to cover for me today. It's never fun to have to do someone else's work, especially on a day like today :tsk: Thankfully I didn't have much left and my 2 teammates didn't have much going on either.

My sister and her boyfriend are driving to San Diego right now just because. :grumpy: :sad:

We are watching a tv show about You Tube, while I am looking at the internets. :huh:

Rachel Ray is in the Twin Cities. It's really funny listening to her pronounce some of the names of the restaurants. :der: At least someone told her to call North East Mpls "Nord East." That would so wrong of her to say it any other way :tsk: She went to Cafe Latte and Nye's :love: :drool: I want to go to both places right now!

She was there when the Guthrie was being built. She's on the Stone Arch bridge at the beginning of the show and you can see the cranes in the background. :cute:

When she went to Lake Placid she went to HoJo's. :huh: Main Street is about two miles long and features at least 50 restaurants, some of which only count as "chains" because the owners also own the place next door, across the street, or above...and she went to HoJo's. That's about when I gave up on Rachel Ray.

Okay, I was wondering why my iPod didn't update with any of the songs I added to iTunes last week, and it turns out when I had too many songs and set it to update manually, it stopped updating altogether and hasn't actually updated for about a year now. :der: I was wondering why it was ONLY playing U2, REM, and Flogging Molly when I had a bunch of new bands on iTunes.

I am VERY thankful, however, that it all still works with this whole Safe Mode debacle.

As of January 1, my position is salaried, not hourly. Tomorrow is the last time I will punch in and out!

I am getting a FOUR WEEK paycheck on January 12 because the salaried positions get paid in advance, so I get catch-up pay for the previous two weeks and then the regular check for the next.

:drool:

Schmeg said:
As of January 1, my position is salaried, not hourly. Tomorrow is the last time I will punch in and out!

I am getting a FOUR WEEK paycheck on January 12 because the salaried positions get paid in advance, so I get catch-up pay for the previous two weeks and then the regular check for the next.

:drool:

:yikes: What is your employer thinking?! ;) :laugh:

Blue Room said:

:yikes: What is your employer thinking?! ;) :laugh:
They know I'm actually relieved that I don't have to watch my hours by the minute or take three-hour lunches anymore to avoid getting any sort of overtime out of them! :lol:

It's my brother's birthday today. He never wants to do anything about his birthday since it's so close to the holidays. But this year since it's a Saturday he decided he wanted to go to a movie and out to dinner. The movie?

ROCKY :scream: :scream: :scream:

:(

What a waste of money! :madwife:

The dinner thing doesn't sound like a good idea either. :tsk: I have eaten anything but crackers and toast since yesterday. I should be ok to eat but the thought of it still makes me nervous :yikes:

arw9797 said:
It's my brother's birthday today. He never wants to do anything about his birthday since it's so close to the holidays. But this year since it's a Saturday he decided he wanted to go to a movie and out to dinner. The movie?

ROCKY :scream: :scream: :scream:

:(

What a waste of money! :madwife:

The dinner thing doesn't sound like a good idea either. :tsk: I have eaten anything but crackers and toast since yesterday. I should be ok to eat but the thought of it still makes me nervous :yikes:

Rocky? :yuck:

See if the restaurant has any soup. Soup might be the next best step up from the stomach virus diet.

My day started out weird. I got a call from work (not the center I work at, but the other center with the pools, tennis courts, etc.). They said one of their participants "went down" while playing tennis and they thought he might be one of the seniors who used to go to my center. They wanted to know if I had an emergency contact number for him. He didn't really come their that often anymore, but I went down to my office and I had an old card on him, so I gave it them the number and asked them what was wrong, was he unconscious? They said, "He passed."

:yikes:

kellyahern said:

Rocky? :yuck:

See if the restaurant has any soup. Soup might be the next best step up from the stomach virus diet.

My day started out weird. I got a call from work (not the center I work at, but the other center with the pools, tennis courts, etc.). They said one of their participants "went down" while playing tennis and they thought he might be one of the seniors who used to go to my center. They wanted to know if I had an emergency contact number for him. He didn't really come their that often anymore, but I went down to my office and I had an old card on him, so I gave it them the number and asked them what was wrong, was he unconscious? They said, "He passed."

:yikes:

:ohmy:

My cousin works at a senior place too. I think she plans the entertainment for the day. She said it's strange playing bingo with one of them one day and then coming to work the next day to find out they died in the middle of the night. :yikes:

arw9797 said:

:ohmy:

My cousin works at a senior place too. I think she plans the entertainment for the day. She said it's strange playing bingo with one of them one day and then coming to work the next day to find out they died in the middle of the night. :yikes:

Sounds like she's an activity director in a nursing home/assisted living facility? Cool :). I do the same thing, but I work for a city rec center, so the seniors come and go as they please. We pick up the ones who don't drive twice a week to come to the center. Thankfully, they don't pass away often, but when they do, it seems to come in threes. Another senior passed away Tuesday morning. He had lung cancer, but no one knew about it.

wow what a contrast.

Watching CNN. They show Iraqi's celebrating in the streets that Sadaam is dead and then they went to President Ford's somber ceremony.........

contrast, contrast, contrast..............

It took 3 hours to drive to Disney MGM Studios this afternoon. It usually only takes a little over an hour :huh:. It took us about an hour to get from exit 60 to exit 62. We could have walked faster :mad:. There was an accident, plus one of the state roads was closed, so people had to divert to the interstate I think. People were driving up and down the emergency lanes and we saw one car get stuck in the dirt when they went off road to try and turn around (been there, done that, not doing it again :reject: ). We just went to see the Osborne lights and have dinner. Then my sister started having "digestive problems" in the car on the way home.

This had been a weird day :| .

The lights were pretty though :sigh:.

^did you see in the "what are you doing for New Years?" thread thios post? zoney and schmeg seem to be heading towards the happiest place on earth........*jealous*
zoney!
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local time:
12-30-2006 07:59 PM

View Journal
12-30-2006 10:23 AM - florida instead of california :(
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am going to DISNEY WORLD!

HOPEFULLY getting on a plane in five hours...if not, we will go tomorrow morning!

going to the movie tomorrow afternoon.........fog rolled in this evening.

Back
Top Bottom