Random Music Talk XXX: Bow Chicka Wow Wow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goddamnit. There's an album I want to download and every so often, I'll remember, "Oh, yeah, I want to get that." But when I actually sit down at my freaking computer to do it, I can never remember what it is. And then two words creep into my brain: "Alzheimer's Disease."

I always get mad when there's a Top __ Guitarists list and he's snubbed.

Never have played with a pick on a regular basis, myself.

Yup, I never play with a pick. I just feel like I don't have anywhere near as much control when playing with a pick. It's also just habit at this point, like you said, maybe if I had started out using a pick I'd like it. But now? Can't play with one.

New DJ Shadow album this year? Nice.

alec-baldwin-2970.jpg

I on the other hand hardly ever play without a pick. I learned guitar on an electric guitar without an amp, so everything I did in the beginning had to be played as loud as possible just for me to get some sound going.

Bro, I'd give you my download code from the LP if I hadn't given it to a pretty lady already, bro.

I'll purchase it for myself, but thanks for the offer. :wink: From what I've heard, though, it doesn't really sound like an album that would inspire romance.

Probably not. But "Breakfast," a top contender for song of the year for me, is about as sweet and cuddly as it gets. Also my favorite on the album, incidentally. Maybe I can get her to ignore the other eight tracks.

That's a hypnotic music video. The opening line definitely grabs your attention. Probably not something I'd personally return to all that often, though.

You'd be surprised. The whole thing is a nine song earworm. I've listened to it a ridiculous amount of times in the past week or so and have felt compelled to start it up again immediately when it ends several times. Right up there with Tennis, Lykke, Grouper and Destroyer for best of the year considerations, for my money.

But the album is 38 minutes long, so Laz won't like it.

I do a lot of playing with a pick, but also a fair amount of fingerpicking. It all depends in the dynamic of the song and how much attack I want on the notes I'm playing. More acoustic stuff gets more fingerpicking from me, as does ambient electric stuff. I'd say I play with a pick 2/3rds of the time.

That's a hypnotic music video. The opening line definitely grabs your attention. =.

Strangely, Rogue Wave also have a song called California whose opening two words are are "Screw California", instead of "Fuck California".

So you're saying EMA : Rogue Wave :: Fleet Foxes : Jonny Quest. Interesting hypothesis.

Ha.

Scumbo just indirectly helped me get my boyfriend to come with me to The Fray.

Told the bf I was fine going by myself, besides, I'd probably run into Scumbo anyway and he got all jealous and is now insisting he's coming with me. Dave has no reason whatsoever to be jealous of him, which makes it that much more hilarious. So, thanks, Scumbo, for, uh, existing, I guess. :lol:

Ha.

Scumbo just indirectly helped me get my boyfriend to come with me to The Fray.

Told the bf I was fine going by myself, besides, I'd probably run into Scumbo anyway and he got all jealous and is now insisting he's coming with me. Dave has no reason whatsoever to be jealous of him, which makes it that much more hilarious. So, thanks, Scumbo, for, uh, existing, I guess. :lol:

Frightening people by existing, it's what I do best.

It's cool there will be a handful of Bang and Clatter regulars there. Well, it's not cool that Band and Clatter regulars will be at a Fray show, but you know what I mean.

*VIDEO OF AN AWESOME SONG*

Oh fuck. Does the whole album have that sound going? Definitely get a Bat For Lashes ballad vibe from that.

(Not that BFL has *fast* songs per say, I'm just referring to the way her REALLY slow songs go.)

poor choice of words. I meant that Dave shouldn't be jealous of my friends that are guys if I shouldn't get jealous of his friends that are girls.

Frightening people by existing, it's what I do best.

It's cool there will be a handful of Bang and Clatter regulars there. Well, it's not cool that Band and Clatter regulars will be at a Fray show, but you know what I mean.
I know, that'll be fun. I've even talked Dave into queueing (queuing?) so we can get a good spot for GA.

Talking LeMel into lining up super early has proved difficult.

It's easy for people of an average height, but if I'm not right up on the front rails, I can't see a damn thing. And thanks to my less than stellar eye sight, going far back isn't exactly in my best interest either.

Had I seen a couple more shows on the tour, I'd be more willing to use one experience to hang back and take in the sights a bit more, but this is only show #2 and at this point, it's been almost two years...so, trying for rail.

I really like GA, but after I do it, I always think to myself, that's it, I'm doing seats next time, but then I think about it, and I just love being all up in the action. I'm sure a time will come where I don't want to do it anymore.

I really wanna do a GA alone once so that I can go early and get right up near a stage. I always go with people who have no interest in going early to get a good look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom