Random Music Talk XXX: Bow Chicka Wow Wow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Danny Boy, assuming your name is Dan, Danny or Daniel, did you ever get people randomly singing "oh Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling"? My nan used to always do that. Hated it cos aside from this forum I've never ever been called Danny.

I told Scumdog Thousandaire yesterday that I'm not really in the giving recommendations business 'round these parts, but if I was, I'd be pimping Past Life Martyred Saints by EMA pretty hard.

Thanks for stealing my thunder, P4K.

Danny Boy, assuming your name is Dan, Danny or Daniel, did you ever get people randomly singing "oh Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling"? My nan used to always do that. Hated it cos aside from this forum I've never ever been called Danny.

I actually picked my screen name because of that song. I think U2 recorded a video message for Lanois where they sang it. Alas, the context has long since been lost.

martha said:
I'm sorry. :hug:

I think I can make it. We're on go through number 3 now. Worse is this fairly nice trio singing "If You Believe in Magic" but one of them isn't mic'd.

Phil Selway is the coolest motherfucker on earth for all 50 minutes of OK Computer. That is all.

fruit.gif

how does arguing about it for the bulk of the first couple pages have anything to do with music?

I'm going to admit something blasphemous......I still haven't listened to all the Beatles remasters. In fact, I think I only listened to the first 3 or 4 albums at the most. :huh:

my turn!

i haven't listened to any of them.

and since we're confessing shit, i'm watching glee. it's funny, i'm not really sure why.

it does make me think i should go kill some small animals, eat a burger, and listen to slayer to make up for it.

Hahahaha. I decided to atch the rest of the video over my lunch break to see what else they sang.

Four guys and a guitar player doing WOWY. I can't even descirbe.

In general this is a group of great voices, but some of their song choices have left me a bit confused.

i really hate when monosyllabic words, when sung, suddenly have over 2 dozen syllables. that's annoying as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom