Random Music Talk LXX: Original Theatrical Version

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Homme is over 40 and cool. Still drinks vodka on stage and is quite funny.

And they named one of their albums Rated R, which is a kickass album title.

It's a kickass album as well and by far their best (get on that shit).

Interesting news about Grohl, I hope he and Lanegan will tour with the Queens in Europe next year.

A lot of people would say that, but not me. Songs for the Deaf is a bit too bloated for my liking. It has the best drum performance out of all the Queens songs though, that being A Song for the Dead.

Actually, I was completely wrong. For some reason I thought that Grohl was the drummer on Lullabies to Paralyze, which is far and away my favorite by them.

Era Vulgaris is so underrated. My favourite after Rated R.

Only rednecks and stupid people don't like Obama.

Anyways, bummed out as fuck about John Gregg losing in Indiana, but not shocked in the slightest. Oh well...

Only rednecks and stupid people don't like Obama.

I'm not sure if that's some annoyance directed at my post, but in case it was, I didn't intend it to be "ha ha stupid people," I intended it as a mere State of the Joyful update. It was not a direct quote but a combination of topics while discussing her evening. :)

I'm sorry if that came across like a jab or snide remark.

Sorry, I'm just ready for the election to be over.

It's no biggie.

Anyways, every concert I've ever been to where the musician has bothered to tell the crowd his political leanings there has always been a chorus of boos and cheers.

yeah, the Springsteen show at the end of the month should have a big, interesting mix of cheers vs boos.

Minor snafu today, but still got the key. Am holding it right now. I have access to the house I bought, LOL. Election turned out the way I voted and hoped for. Can finally relax for the first time since about August.

Anyways, every concert I've ever been to where the musician has bothered to tell the crowd his political leanings there has always been a chorus of boos and cheers.

Well, it was an Eddie Vedder show on election night. I suppose not everyone follows the political leanings of the musicians they like but it was kind of a given it would be a pro-Obama atmosphere so it seemed silly to come and boo and/or sulk when it turned out to be just that.

Vedder was a class act all the way about it, though, and tried not to alienate anybody.

At first I thought I was in the twilight zone - it was just such an odd audience of people who looked liked misfits, serial killers, and an unusual amount of obesity. This was not any kind of northern NM rock audience I was familiar with. But it turned out to be really fantastic.

So GAF, Peef, everyone else who said I should go, you guys were so right. I am now kind of in love with Eddie Vedder. Amazing music and he just seems liked a genuinely kind and sincere person. Emile Hirsch (who is from here) was there so they had a little reunion on stage. Glen Hansard poured champagne for whoever could get up there to get a cup, and it was just an awesome party.

Glen Hansard and Eddie Vedder had kind of an adorable bromance, and the two of them singing "Falling Slowly" together was one of the musical highlights of the year. That alone was worth the price of the ticket.

So, wow. Eddie Vedder. A revelation for me.

/EV saga

joyfulgirl said:
Well, it was an Eddie Vedder show on election night. I suppose not everyone follows the political leanings of the musicians they like but it was kind of a given it would be a pro-Obama atmosphere so it seemed silly to come and boo and/or sulk when it turned out to be just that.

Vedder was a class act all the way about it, though, and tried not to alienate anybody.

At first I thought I was in the twilight zone - it was just such an odd audience of people who looked liked misfits, serial killers, and an unusual amount of obesity. This was not any kind of northern NM rock audience I was familiar with. But it turned out to be really fantastic.

So GAF, Peef, everyone else who said I should go, you guys were so right. I am now kind of in love with Eddie Vedder. Amazing music and he just seems liked a genuinely kind and sincere person. Emile Hirsch (who is from here) was there so they had a little reunion on stage. Glen Hansard poured champagne for whoever could get up there to get a cup, and it was just an awesome party.

Glen Hansard and Eddie Vedder had kind of an adorable bromance, and the two of them singing "Falling Slowly" together was one of the musical highlights of the year. That alone was worth the price of the ticket.

/EV saga

This is awesome. Always great when you go to a show with low expectations and it rocks. Very happy for you sounds like it'll be something to remember :up:

joyfulgirl said:

/EV saga

Nice.

I agree (despite having not listened to it in years). You should check it out, GAF.
Aren't you ashamed of yourself?

And yes, Rated R is awesome. I'm not even sure f I like Songs for the Deaf more at this point. They're about equal.

Y'know, I sometimes think to myself that Pitchfork's choice of "SpottieOttieDopalicious" for Outkast in their best of the 90s list was wrong. There's "Player's Ball", "ATLiens", "Rosa Parks", many other worthy choices. It's not even my favourite on Aquemini; that's "Da Art of Storytellin' Pt 1". And "Slump" is incredible.

But I listen to "SpottieOttie" and I'm always just like, 'damn, what a fucking song'.

Now who else wanna fuck with Hollywood Court?

/EV saga

Glad you enjoyed the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom