Random Music Talk LXVI: This is not a rutabaga song...this is CELERY SALTY CELERY!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
iron yuppie said:
Weren't you the one fulminating about people who make YouTube video reviews being nerds a little while ago? Just saying. :wink:

Nah, not the same class of nerd. Theyre just dorks who need their cameras taken away, or kids whose parents give them too much money for an allowance. Although I was surprised to find out at that convention that my friend and I are by comparrison hardly nerds at all. I've never even owned a magic card, and I had no idea people still bought them.

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, nerdy Star Wars stuff, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, nerdy fantasy stuff, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, I hate everything, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, I'm a hippie liar.

3800a2a3.png

What are some song titles that you really love, regardless of what the song actually sounds like? I'm so nerdy that sometimes I really really like song titles.

I Understand What You Want But I Just Don't Agree

What are some song titles that you really love, regardless of what the song actually sounds like?

Atom & His Package song titles immediately come to mind, because they're humorous on their own right. Some of my favs, title wise:

-Dear Atom, You Do Not Want Children. Love, Atom
-If You Own The Washington Redskins, You're A Cock
-Mission 1: Avoid Job Working With Assholes
-Does Anyone Else In This Room Want To Marry His Or Her Own Grandmother?
-I'm Downright Amazed (At What I Can Destroy With Just A Hammer)
-(Lord Its Hard To Be Happy When You're Not) Using The Metric System
-Pumping Iron For Enya
-The Palestinians Are Not The Same Thing As The Rebel Alliance, Jackass

Mogwai have great song titles

Kids will be Skeletons
I'm Jim Morrison, I'm Dead
I Love You, I'm going to Blow Up your School
You're Lionel Richie

Hard to top Minus the Bear titles:

1. "Thanks for the Killer Game of Crisco® Twister" 3:35
2. "Monkey!!! Knife!!! Fight!!!" 3:32
3. "Absinthe Party at the Fly Honey Warehouse" 5:23
4. "Hey, Wanna Throw Up?" 0:34
5. "Get Me Naked 2: Electric Boogaloo" 4:09
6. "We Are Not a Football Team" 3:02
7. "You Kill Bugs Good, Man" 1:10
8. "Spritz!!! Spritz!!!" 3:03
9. "Women We Haven't Met Yet" 4:04
10. "Damn Bugs Whacked Him, Johnny" 0:47
11. "I Lost All My Money at the Cock Fights" 4:54
12. "Andy Wolff" 2:08
13. "Let's Play Guitar in a Five Guitar Band" 5:11
14. "Booyah Achieved"

Also, this one from the most recent Johnny Foreigner is one of the best I've ever seen:

"If Im The Most Famous Boy You've Fucked, Then Honey, Yr In Trouble"

I'm Jim Morrison, I'm Dead

I have a shirt I bought at one of their shows with this title written under a picture of Jim Morrisson's face.

And don't forget the beautifully titled Mogwai b-side, 'Stupid Prick Gets Chased By the Police and Loses His Slut Girlfriend'.

It was a track they wrote as a part of a soundtrack to a movie that decided to not use any of their work, so they titled the song as a summary of what they thought the movie was about. :wink:

And don't forget the beautifully titled Mogwai b-side, 'Stupid Prick Gets Chased By the Police and Loses His Slut Girlfriend'.

It was a track they wrote as a part of a soundtrack to a movie that decided to not use any of their work, so they titled the song as a summary of what they thought the movie was about. :wink:

Ha ha, I was trying to remember this title, all I could recall was the slut girlfriend part. Did not know the origin, that's awesome.

Ha ha, I was trying to remember this title, all I could recall was the slut girlfriend part. Did not know the origin, that's awesome.

I just read that they originally wanted to call it, "Lynn Fainchtein owes Mogwai $25000", but assumed they'd get sued. :wink:

Nah, not the same class of nerd. Theyre just dorks who need their cameras taken away, or kids whose parents give them too much money for an allowance. Although I was surprised to find out at that convention that my friend and I are by comparrison hardly nerds at all. I've never even owned a magic card, and I had no idea people still bought them.

Nile.A2002154.0835.250m.jpg

Awesome song titles (regardless of the actual content of the song)

- Bananas Smell Funny Sonata in G
- Abandoned Beer Messiah
- The Incredibly Blue Mustache of Mr Tinselteeth
- Battle Hymn of Ronald Reagan (Took my four tries not to type Ronald Raygun)
- Pussy Footin' The Duke
- The Antler of The Midnight Sun
- The Bee & The Crackin' Egg
- Senator McCarthy Paranoid Witch Hunt Blues
- Redneck Woman from Planet Mars
- Political Song For Michael Jackson To Sing
- The World According To Nouns
- Tribbles Down South
- The Day The World Turned Dayglo
- Unlimited Breadsticks, Soup And Salad Days
- Bring Me The Rest Of Alfredo Garcia
- Bab's Uvula Who?
- Ursula Finally Has Tits
- Hearts Frozen Soil Sod Once More By The Spring Of Rage, Despair, And Hopelessness
- Rage Against The Machine Are Capitalist Phonies
- Maelstrom of Whirling Bullshit
- The Sky Is Falling & I want My Mommy
- Hawaiian Disco Without Bollocks
- Take Me Back Or I'll Drown Our Dog
- Anti-Satan Song For Mom
- Scorpion Dance In The Floating World

And that's just to name a few... :wink:

u2popmofo said:
* SPOILER *

How is anchors a post 9/11 album? Other than it came out in 2003, they didnt jump on the political bandwagon til the gold record.

It ain't just a a defense mechanism postulated by Sigmund Freud, in which a person is faced with a fact that is too uncomfortable to accept and rejects it instead, insisting that it is not true despite what may be overwhelming evidence.

Or a river in Egypt. Whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom