Random Music Talk LXI: In Which PFan and GAF Drink a Lot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
joyfulgirl said:
The creepy part being that you did that to a snake.

Seriously, that's the kind of sociopathic shit I would expect an atease poster to come up with if you blocked Pitchfork on his IP.

If I could go back in time, and tell my 14-year-old self to stand up for the snake's rights and chastise the adults for their despicable behaviour, trust me, I would.

I could never get into Rated R. I love Songs for the Deaf more than is reasonable, apparently.

Something to consider about the pup, Mofo: traveling. We leave our baby with my parents, but the inability to just pack up and go without arranging dogcare is why my Sandy is our last dog.

The worst thing: stepping on bird guts in the hallway on the dark. Animal parts outside mean Nothing to me. Nothing.

I'm currently in love with this .gif

yea-fuck-yea.gif

cobl04 said:
We cut the head off a brown snake when we were camping once. Tied its body to a piece of string. For the next hour it kept contracting into an S shape and then straightening out and the head was hissing for about half an hour. Creepy.

That was pretty cunty of you, cobbler

It lacks that great guitar tone that's on all the other songs.

Since it is an acoustic song, I don't see this as a problem.

Anyway, one of my favourite Queens tracks. Love the guitar riff and the build-up with the brass section is perfect.

cobl04 said:
If I could go back in time, and tell my 14-year-old self to stand up for the snake's rights and chastise the adults for their despicable behaviour, trust me, I would.

Oh, then I got here. 14 year old cobbler was cunty. The head wasn't just nerve twitches. Their metabolism is so slow it's was actually able to survive and be lucid (as far as snake lucidity goes) with its head cut off

Oh, then I got here. 14 year old cobbler was cunty. The head wasn't just nerve twitches. Their metabolism is so slow it's was actually able to survive and be lucid (as far as snake lucidity goes) with its head cut off

Yeah, it certainly creeped me out. And I think it's still really poisonous, cause the venom glands are just behind the head or something?

And I should just quit while I'm behind, but what exactly is the difference between what happened with the snake and fishing? It could be argued that baiting fish, than pulling a sharp hook through their mouths, then furiously reeling them in, and then putting them in a bucket until they die, then gutting and eating them, is just as cruel.

I'm currently in love with this .gif

yea-fuck-yea.gif

Haha! How did you stumble across this? It's Australian. The dude on the left is Karl Stefanovic, easily the biggest wanker on Aussie TV.

cobl04 said:
Yeah, it certainly creeped me out. And I think it's still really poisonous, cause the venom glands are just behind the head or something?

Yep, they can still get ya

And I should just quit while I'm behind, but what exactly is the difference between what happened with the snake and fishing? It could be argued that baiting fish, than pulling a sharp hook through their mouths, then furiously reeling them in, and then putting them in a bucket until they die, then gutting and eating them, is just as cruel.

Not gonna argue with you there. Fishing with my dad made me cry when I was a kid. It just sounded like you guys tortured and killed the snake for fun. I'm sure it was scary and you all did what you had to do in the moment. I eat meat but saved a beetle from drowning yesterday. It's a fucked up world.

cobl04 said:

There are probably arguments to be made about nervous system development, but I wouldn't know specifics. And some would say its also cruel and would probably be right to some extent. Personally, I just find it wasteful in the snake situation. The snake was just being a snake.
I had to purposefully run over a small bird on the weekend :( I pulled over to save it, but the guy behind me ran over it on one side. I just dont like seeing things suffer needlessly

I ran over a cat once. I felt sick to my stomach. I did a u-turn and moved it off the road, but it was dead.

What a wonderful topic of conversation I've started.

Fishing is one of the things that turned me vegetarian. I worked at a camp where the kids fished, and I always had to be the one who unhooked the fish that had been caught. Since then I have never bought the argument that they can't feel pain or are not able to suffer.

Snakes aren't delicious.

That's all I got.

I don't know if I'm just in a Modest Mouse mood or what, but I regret not listening to This Is A Long Drive sooner. This is wonderful, a bit moodier than Lonesome Crowded West but no means light, and still quirky as hell.

EDIT: Yeah, Dramamine and Talking Shit About A Pretty Sunset are two of the best Modest Mouse tracks. Unbelievably good.

I consider myself a Modest Mouse fan but have never even listened to that album. Remedying that right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom