Random Music Talk LX: Cori's Skrillex Karaoke was a Tribute to ZooTV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1) how close have you coming to murdering Thax Douglas 2) what did you think of the latest Los Camp! album and 3) what are your favourite albums of the year so far, if you've found the time to listen.

1) I've only been to one show, since last August, so I haven't had the chance. Is he back in Chicago? Good memory. I had forgotten him.

2) I only heard it once, and found it largely boring and ugly. I really liked a few songs at the beginning of the record, though. I know a few real-life LC! fans who felt the same way.

3) I can't really think of much that I've heard, though I have been listening to stuff. I don't want to come in and just spam the thread with all the painful music I have been listening to, but I think that this is a good (but old) song that's worth hearing and contemplating:

birds too tired to fly: Track of the Week: Kiss Another Day Goodbye by David Kauffman

Shouter, any thoughts on Johnny Foreigner vs. Everything? I think we're the only two people here who give a shit, sadly.

I don't think that I've heard it. I did hear and enjoy "Doesn't Believe in Angels," though. I got nothing out of that second record, and sort of lost track of the band.

u2popmofo said:
Please give us a rest on Lotus Plaza.

lol and I thought I brought up Big Star too much.

Summer semester is over, thank God. What a clusterfuck that was. 15 more credits and I get my BA :hyper:

As of two years ago, when I first read about and began hunting this record, fewer than ten known copies of this uber-obscurity were known to exist (and one of them was a glued-together copy that barely played). Much to my surprise, some label stepped in and repressed it, a month ago. I never thought that I would be able to link to a Metz YouTube (let alone buy the fucking record), but here you go:

Metz - Do You Wanna (Chrome Starr, 1974) - YouTube

The Acid Archives write-up initially peaked my interest. And the record is actually even better than said write-up suggests. Perhaps the most unworthy of being undiscovered undiscovered gem which I have ever heard. And I've heard a few, over the years.

I might finally listen to the whole Nuggets compilation today. I know a good chunk of it, but there are some bands on there I've been meaning to check out.

damn it to hell, Star Wars isn't on Netflix?!

My brother's begging me to watch it and I can't find it online.

I think we must all listen to sex church in honor of shouter's return. Ok, bitches?

( I'm really glad to see shouter isn't dead. Welcome back!)

2) I only heard it once, and found it largely boring and ugly. I really liked a few songs at the beginning of the record, though. I know a few real-life LC! fans who felt the same way.

It's far and away my least listened to LC album as well, and I didn't really like Beautiful, Doomed. Sorta think I'm over them, I don't really enjoy the old tracks I used to love nearly as much any more.

Hello Sadness was really misguided and, outside of like four songs, not all that well executed. Not a good sound for them.

According to the therapist, the insane amount of pain I felt yesterday is normal. Shoulder's going to get worse before it gets better. So that got rid of that worry, though I am going to call the surgeon and say, look, I tried the pain pills you gave me for a week. They don't work. Now what?

Jo Jo's Jacket might be one of my favorite things Stephen Malkmus is responsible for, all Pavement songs included. What a tune.

According to the therapist, the insane amount of pain I felt yesterday is normal. Shoulder's going to get worse before it gets better. So that got rid of that worry, though I am going to call the surgeon and say, look, I tried the pain pills you gave me for a week. They don't work. Now what?

DLPA. You'll be amazed. Better than pain pills. Gets rid of the pain without any of the side effects of medication. It's cheap, effective, and good for you. Amino acids, baby. It's also a natural antidepressant, which is important when you have pain. Get it today.

DLPA in the nutritional control of arthritis and chronic pain

Yes. Very easy to find. I used to take it years ago and kind of forgot about it. But after a year of chronic, nearly debilitating, back pain, I rediscovered it. It's changed my life.

Cool. Thanks.

ETA: Called a health food store nearby, they have it & will hold onto a bottle for me so I can pick it up later. Awesome.

Fucked Up is quickly becoming one of my favorite bands. David Comes To Life was great, and now I'm discovering the same about The Chemistry of Common Life. They're heavy, but have great, fun tunes also.

Fucked Up is quickly becoming one of my favorite bands. David Comes To Life was great, and now I'm discovering the same about The Chemistry of Common Life. They're heavy, but have great, fun tunes also.

:up:

I really enjoy them as well.

Only on my first listen, but it seems they've overdone the reverby echoey thing a little for my taste.

yep, agreed. When I listened on better speakers, the reverb really bothered me. it actually sounded better on my computer speakers.

The lead singer would benefit from diversifying his vocals a bit, I think. There are some great melodies underneath all of that barking.

:up: Lemme know how it works out for you.
I know it's only first day, first dose, and they did some different exercises at PT today, but I haven't had any truly debilitating pains so far. Cautiously optimistic.

So...uh...where is this interferencer cover version thread? A friend of mine wants to know...

I know it's only first day, first dose, and they did some different exercises at PT today, but I haven't had any truly debilitating pains so far. Cautiously optimistic.

It took a couple of days for me to notice the difference, and for some people even longer. You can always safely up the dosage, too, if necessary.

Back
Top Bottom