Random Music Talk LVIII: The Moon And Antarctica

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mobvok

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
The Moon and Antarctica is the third full length release from Modest Mouse

41toT%2BIHdpL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It means quite a bit to me, and I personally believe it's one of the best albums of the 2000s. Just about the right blend of spacey post-punk and direct anger.

No puns or references in the title, sorry.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

clf

It's "Fuck's sake, you're amateur."

Fuck's sake, you're amateur.

Friggin' Cobbler.

:wink:

I withstand your criticism and become a better person for it

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it people like me

Apparently Zola Jesus is playing here tomorrow night, and a mate just posted a status asking if anyone was interested. I'm pretty drunk, so he just bought me a ticket. She better be good.

Seriously looking for a vouch here, I can still back out.

Did you miss my epic Zola binge when Conatus came out? Homegirl is the shit, been the shit, fuck a humblebrag.

Apparently Zola Jesus is playing here tomorrow night, and a mate just posted a status asking if anyone was interested. I'm pretty drunk, so he just bought me a ticket. She better be good.

Seriously looking for a vouch here, I can still back out.

DO IT. I had picked up a ticket to see her do a one-off show at the Guggenheim, then realized I was leaving NY that afternoon and missed it :doh:

If nothing else there's bound to be cute goth girls at the show.

Much has been made of Nika's diminutive statute, but it really is interesting to see such a behemoth of a voice coming from such a tiny person.

Moon and Antarctica is so good, it even makes this thread title forgivable.

Modest Mouse question: which album is more essential, This Is a Long Drive Yada Yada or We Were Dead Yada Yada? Those are the two I have not heard yet.

Most people would say This is a Long Drive, tho I actually prefer We Were Dead. Of course I also prefer Good News to Lonesome Crowded West, so there's that.

And yes, Moon & Antarctica is ridiculously great.

It rained at some point pretty much every single day for most of April and a good chunk of may here. At one point my housemate and I were outside, wondering when we moved to Seattle.

Hey, RMTers who I'm also Facebook friends with, when I get Impy's vinyl, I'm going to text a status update. If any of you are on there around 10:30 AM MDT on Saturday, will you come in here and make a post to let Impy know? I am woefully sans smartphone. Please and thank you.

PS Is anyone else's facebook acting stupid right now or is it just me?

Moon and Antarctica is so good, it even makes this thread title forgivable.

Modest Mouse question: which album is more essential, This Is a Long Drive Yada Yada or We Were Dead Yada Yada? Those are the two I have not heard yet.

I actually possess We Were Dead and am quite a fan fwiw.

I'ma be out of commission at this all day Saturday anyway, so there really isn't much of a need for an immediate verdict. Appreciate the thought though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom