RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, just like In Rainbows, this definitely requires a couple more listens. They´ve changed the tracks from their live versions more drastically than the IR tracks.

I will say this - Go Slowly, 4 Minute Warning and Last Flowers have some potential. Really beautiful tracks.

um.

radiohead are good at quiet, soft songs.

but for fuck sakes. it's like they think it's a fucking sin to have guitars anymore. case in point with reckoner, up on the ladder, and bangers and mash.

not happy about those.

i realize reckoner is an entirely different song.

but whatever. yeah, it's beautiful... but they fucking NEUTER their songs in the studio. absolute shame.

after some sober second thought
i realize i might not exactly know what i'm talking about

indeed

let's carrion then

EDIT: Nevermind

On first listen, I like:

Down Is the New Up
Bangers and Mash
Four Minute Warning

If you're thinking it's actually 8 songs, both the MK's are on the filler side of things.

Last edited:
Zoomerang96 said:
um.

radiohead are good at quiet, soft songs.

but for fuck sakes. it's like they think it's a fucking sin to have guitars anymore. case in point with reckoner, up on the ladder, and bangers and mash.

not happy about those.

i realize reckoner is an entirely different song.

but whatever. yeah, it's beautiful... but they fucking NEUTER their songs in the studio. absolute shame.

The first time I listened to both In Rainbows and this 2nd disc, these were my first thoughts.

Crank the guitars, Radiohead. As much as I like these songs, the live versions are mostly IMHO better. Simply, they rock more.

Bangers And Mash was horrible before, so any change would probably be an improvement.

DITNU reminds me of Arcade Fire. And that's a good thing.

The orchestration is gorgeous...:drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom