Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hardyharhar said:
So if I go to Zimbabwe with $100 dollars I could be a billionaire :)

You'd be a billionaire. Not that you'd be able to buy much! Maybe some rice ...

Axver said:

You'd be a billionaire. Not that you'd be able to buy much! Maybe some rice ...

Ah but you could exhange it all for $1 notes and roll around in it nekkid :combust:

mysterious_jen said:
why you so excited???

Marty Willson Piper. Solo gig. Northcote Social Club. April 16.

:combust:

:wink:

I'm also going to see Steve Kilbey (who is from the Church, the band I adore!) doing a show on April 6 :D

Very happy! :dancing:

gluey said:

Ah but you could exhange it all for $1 notes and roll around in it nekkid :combust:

:lol:

I think their lowest monetary unit is Z$5,000. :ohmy:

The highest, Z$10,000,000, is now worth less than US$0.50!

coolian2 said:
I remember when NZ played a cricket series in Zimbabwe a few years ago, they got a winners cheque of several million dollars.

And couldn't even afford a celebratory beer?

Varitek said:
how nice, my cell and computer updated automatically. time to change the watch. where is everyone?

I was just cooking dinner. And you're one to talk, disappearing to watch some Beatles/Lennon/whatever crap.

when I was in ghana it was $1 to 10,000 cedis. So I had a million at one point I think.

but the silly ghanaians revalued to $1 to $1 which is just dumb when your economy is that weak. I am not looking forward to the amount of change I'll have to deal with when I go back, given that stuff will still cost $.20 regularly. I guess, however, the days of half-penny coconut cookies are over.

Axver said:

I was just cooking dinner. And you're one to talk, disappearing to watch some Beatles/Lennon/whatever crap.

it was amazing! bono was one of the duller points, actually. I've gotta get the soundtrack. and a copy that's not a screener that goes black and white every once in a while.

I bet going shopping in Zimbabwe feels like a massive ripoff. "Just a loaf of bread, thanks." "That'll be thirty million dollars." "Fuck off."

Axver said:
I bet going shopping in Zimbabwe feels like a massive ripoff. "Just a loaf of bread, thanks." "That'll be thirty million dollars." "Fuck off."

Shit I'd at least want whole grain for that!

mysterious_jen said:
im here, still working out the point of facebook.

blergh. but i will persist, as well there are men i want to chase !

hahaha that's half of why i got back on.

now that i know the republican wants to see me again, i expect him to accept my facebook friendship soon because i am fucking curious about his profile!

also if u23d isn't playing in philly i need a new excuse to go into the city.

Varitek said:

it was amazing! bono was one of the duller points, actually. I've gotta get the soundtrack. and a copy that's not a screener that goes black and white every once in a while.

I just don't like the Beatles.

I swear, I'm not some "I hate everything everyone likes" wanker. New Year's Day and Bad are in my top five U2 songs! How boring, huh?

hmmm maybe you guys have found me a topic for my political economy of africa term paper - it would be useful to know more about zimbabwe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom