Now Listening.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mark linskey - this hard land

:hyper:

the hudson falcons covered 'open all night' but i think this might actually be better.

(linksey is in HF)

what UL said. mods will sniff out any discussion and yell at all of us.

:shifty:

the little green dude is cool, though.

dropkick murphys - boys on the docks

dropkick murphys - boys on the docks

different version, i'm counting exactly how many i've got (looks like 8 or 9 :ohmy: )

There's the original with Mike on vocals (thx IWB)
There's the Murphy's Pub Version with Mike on vocals
There's the live version on the singles collection with Mike on vocals
There's the St. Patrick's Day live version with Al on vocals
There's the one on the DVD where they're playing in town hall or whatever
Then there's like 10 other versions on the DVD here and there

i've got:
do or die - pub version
live album version
old mike studio non-pub version
singles collection live version
al on the business split studio version
boston 3-17-01
lowlands festival 7-2-2000
hulstfed, sweden 6-16-2001
werchter, belgium 8-21-2004

that's like one for every line-up the band has gone through

:reject:

Fairly impressive. My friend Brad, who used to listen to nothing but stuff like Lit and latter day Offspring, apparently discovered The Pogues and Dropkick Murphys while I was away at college. I discovered this while randomly singing bits of Boys on the Docks and Fairytale of New York on New Year's Eve. He knew all the words. I was like :huh:? But I guess he saw my shirts and listened to them enough in my car to get interested. 'twas a happy day. More people should know the words to Boys on the Docks. It's that good. Dammit.

UnforgettableLemon said:
Fairly impressive. My friend Brad, who used to listen to nothing but stuff like Lit and latter day Offspring, apparently discovered The Pogues and Dropkick Murphys while I was away at college. I discovered this while randomly singing bits of Boys on the Docks and Fairytale of New York on New Year's Eve. He knew all the words. I was like :huh:? But I guess he saw my shirts and listened to them enough in my car to get interested. 'twas a happy day. More people should know the words to Boys on the Docks. It's that good. Dammit.

:up:

one night at work a drunk guy coming into the building didn't want to show me (the security guard) his ID to prove he lived in the building, so he asked if i'd let him walk by if he sang a dkm song. i was wearing a dkm shirt, so that's where that came from. he started singing boys on the docks and then his friends carried him away.

yertle-the-turtle said:
Depeche Mode - 'Just Can't Get Enough'

edit: Oy, IWB, hook me up with 'Fairytale of New York'. Who does the Kirsty MacColl bit? My email is:

theatrefullofsadness@gmail.com

Thanks! :)

the song is on the way :up:

stephanie doherty (from 'blackout' version of "the dirty glass" fame) does the kirsty maccoll part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom