NFL Thread Part Three, Take Two - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-15-2006, 12:16 AM   #106
War Child

Local Time: 12:48 PM
So here is the dilema...who do I root for...my loyalties lie with the AFC but over my dead will I root for Denver (next week...it is a principl thing you know?) then again over my dead body do I root for Indy...(come on...a New England fan rooting for Peyton...get real)..and again Pittsburg...HAHAHAHHAHA ya right...well at least I do like the Bus....ah screw it....

Old 01-15-2006, 12:21 AM   #107
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ljclary
So here is the dilema...who do I root for...my loyalties lie with the AFC but over my dead will I root for Denver (next week...it is a principl thing you know?) then again over my dead body do I root for Indy...(come on...a New England fan rooting for Peyton...get real)..and again Pittsburg...HAHAHAHHAHA ya right...well at least I do like the Bus....ah screw it....
all you do is thank God you're not a Jets fan.

Old 01-15-2006, 12:33 AM   #108
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBrau1

all you do is thank God you're not a Jets fan.

Soooo true....I used to be a Curtis Martin fan....
Old 01-15-2006, 12:41 AM   #109
ONE
love, blood, life

It appears there are no Donkey fans on this board.

So any shit that gets posted, is from a poser.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:43 AM   #110
Blue Crack Distributor

the NFL season officialy ended the second adam vinatieri missed a playoff field goal. at that point you knew that there was no way the pats were winning.

now before i go on... there is no way that a team wins 3 of 4 super bowls based on luck. no matter how many calls went the pats way over their run, anyone who believes that the pats won 3 of 4 super bowls based on luck is an absolute fucking moron and is not worth my breath and/or keystrokes. can you win one super bowl based on luck? yes... 3 of 4? no fucking way.

that said... the patriots DID get a ton of calls that just happened to go their way over their run. tonight, a ton of calls that probably should have gone their way didn't. the questionable PI call... the questionable touchback call (the champ baily play)... but when it was all said and done.. the play where i knew that the patriots season was over was when vinatierei actually missed a clutch field goal. that was the ultimate sign that the pats reign was over.

and so is the NFL season. the only team that could beat the colts were the patriots, based soley on the fact the complete mental edge that the pats hold on the colts in the post-season. even with that edge, i still thought the colts would win. now there's no thought in my mind.

the season is over, the colts are the super bowl champions, when do pitchers and catchers report?

and P.S... i don't want to hear patriot fans talk about how the broncos didn't win, the pats lost. that's a load of bullshit. just like in years past when the pats seemed to get every break... it wasn't fucking luck. then, the pats won because they made the plays and the other teams didn't. tonight? the broncos won because THEY made the plays and the pats didn't. i don't want to hear any "the broncost didn't win the pats lost" bullshit.

let's call a spade a spade here.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:49 AM   #111
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
the NFL season officialy ended the second adam vinatieri missed a playoff field goal. at that point you knew that there was no way the pats were winning.

True that..and from a Pats fan...Yup that put a huge pit in my stomach...I don't care how many calls the Pats did not get in their favor...YOU DO NOT TURN THE BALL OVER AND EXPECT TO WIN!!!!

F-it...I hate the Colts...Damn it.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:50 AM   #112
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Go Panthers!!!

Old 01-15-2006, 12:51 AM   #113
War Child

Ohhh I forgot about them!!! At Reliant during the Panthers/Patriots Superbowl...I will say the Panters fans were respectful and downright awesome....screw getting a Hasselbeck jersey I am going for a Delhomme!!!
Old 01-15-2006, 12:53 AM   #114
War Child

Quote:
[B
and P.S... i don't want to hear patriot fans talk about how the broncos didn't win, the pats lost. that's a load of bullshit. just like in years past when the pats seemed to get every break... it wasn't fucking luck. then, the pats won because they made the plays and the other teams didn't. tonight? the broncos won because THEY made the plays and the pats didn't. i don't want to hear any "the broncost didn't win the pats lost" bullshit.

let's call a spade a spade here. [/B]
You will not hear it from me---I still do not think it was a "tuck" rule....the Pats from the past years still are awesome...though
Old 01-15-2006, 12:59 AM   #115
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

let's call a spade a spade here.
Please.

I'm a Giants fan, and it was clear as day, the Pats lost that game.

We all know how much you hate everything New England.
Old 01-15-2006, 01:01 AM   #116
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Girl1978
Broncos: 27
Patriots: 3

Woohoo! I was so close with the score!
Old 01-15-2006, 01:02 AM   #117
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:48 AM
Old 01-15-2006, 01:07 AM   #118
Blue Crack Addict

While I am very, very glad to be rid of the Patriots any way they can go, they really did outgain and outplay the Broncos tonight, and the Broncos were very, dare I say it, 'lucky' to win. It was almost like someone up there had decided the Pats must go, and the Broncos were supposed to win but couldn't, so destiny just kept laying gifts on the ground for them..here, take it!

Yes the Patriots had been way too lucky in the past, and had gotten calls they didn't deserve. Things do come home to roost, in the end, for good and for bad. Look at the Redskins 1983 team who blew people out all year, and had a +43 turnover ratio, who went to the Super Bowl and got blown out in the most hapless and blundering ways. Were the Raiders the best team? No, but they were the beneficiaries of the bounce of the ball on that day. This is why I do not believe the best team always wins. I have seen the bad luck of bad plays and bad calls cost teams, many teams, not just ones I liked or hated.

I really don't know why some of you hate the Colts, or begrudge them success. Everyone deserves their time in the sun, and as a Colts fan since I was a kid in the 70's I have suffered much. If good things come our way this time, could you really not be happy for the long suffering fans?
Old 01-15-2006, 01:08 AM   #119
Blue Crack Addict

Speaking of the Colts did you see what happened to DB Nick Harper? His wife attacked him and tried to cut his leg off with a knife. She's in jail and he is questionable for the game tommorrow.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...per-wife_x.htm
Old 01-15-2006, 01:11 AM   #120
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten

If good things come our way this time, could you really not be happy for the long suffering fans?
No