NFL Thread Part Three, Take Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
vanderjagt is no vinatieri thats for sure.

and as per the pats game yesterday, if they didnt turn the ball over 5 times they would have won. they had the broncos out gameplanned but didn't execute, whereas denver did and that is why they won the game. denver made the plays, pats didn't. can't win every year.

meanwhile, after the 2006 superbowl, the superbowl ring count score remains tom brady 3, peyton manning 0. :wink:

MVP of that game is definitely Ben Roethlisberger (2 TD passes + game-saving tackle).

I completely do not understand why the Steelers took the ball out of his hands in the 4th quarter though. I know you want to bleed the clokc, but you can't keep running a 300-lb running back over and over against a 9-man front and expect to gain yards. If his arm is okay and he can throw, let him throw. If he can't throw, Tommy Maddox (stop laughing! I hear you laughing!) needs to come in.

StlElevation said:

and as per the pats game yesterday, if they didnt turn the ball over 5 times they would have won. they had the broncos out gameplanned

Of course, the Patriots could NEVER lose simply because they were beaten by a better team.

Honest to Christ. :tsk:

DaveC said:

Of course, the Patriots could NEVER lose simply because they were beaten by a better team.

Honest to Christ. :tsk:

of course somebody who doesn't even like a team in the AFC can't look at something with a little objectivity.

the broncos received 24 points on turnovers, of which they worked 24 yards for. if the pats protect they football, they win the game. it's that simple. they didn't protect the football and they lost. it's that simple.

Peyton Manning said:
Colts 34
Steelers 21
the last 2 Steeler touchdowns are 'oh by the way' touchdowns after the game is out of hand and we put in our second string D.

The monkey on your back keeps getting bigger, and bigger, and bigger, and...

Jesus...... THE STEELERS WON!!! :happy:

And personally, I don't care the life of Vanderjagt.

anyway, the fact remains that if new england did not constantly turn the ball over last night, they would have won. they shot themselves in the foot and lost the game. denver didn't make mistakes, well ok they made a few, but new england made far more and lost. it's plain and simple.

StlElevation said:

of course somebody who doesn't even like a team in the AFC can't look at something with a little objectivity.

the broncos received 24 points on turnovers, of which they worked 24 yards for. if the pats protect they football, they win the game. it's that simple. they didn't protect the football and they lost. it's that simple.

As I said before, players don't just make mistakes on their own -- the opponents have to force them. The Broncos blitzed Brady well all game, leading to the big interception. The Broncos kicker made a good hit on Ellis Hobbs, hence the fumble. And so forth.

In my opinion, New England failed in three of the four phases of the game (offense, special teams, coaching). Their D played well and tried to keep them in the game, but couldn't protect the absurdly short field.

speedracer said:

As I said before, players don't just make mistakes on their own -- the opponents have to force them. The Broncos blitzed Brady well all game, leading to the big interception. The Broncos kicker made a good hit on Ellis Hobbs, hence the fumble. And so forth.

In my opinion, New England failed in three of the four phases of the game (offense, special teams, coaching). Their D played well and tried to keep them in the game, but couldn't protect the absurdly short field.

no, other teams do force them. but carrying the football like a loaf of bread is another thing - which happened on a couple of the fumbles. yes, they blitzed brady well.

i disagree with you on the coaching part. offense and special teams were poor, no doubt. the defense was good, but i wouldn't for sure say that shanahan outcoached belichick. i think new england had a pretty good gameplan yesterday but didn't execute it- whether by their own fault or denver causing them - they merely didn't execute.

I had a feeling all the time off would make them lose their groove, and it sure did. I have seen it many times in the past, teams peak too early, then rest their players the last couple weeks and come out out of sync in the playoffs. In reality, it was the Chargers that beat them, for it was they who killed them. Killed their momentum, killed their confidence, took away the magic streak that was headed for glory. That last series Peyton threw, he had lost it, and I could see this.

Every year, they seem to find something that works and seems invincible, but once ONE person figures it out and the tapes go all over the league, they then collapse like Superman near Kryptonite. I never really thought they'd win, I wished, I hoped, I wanted, but I didn't really believe it, not inside.

All year, I tried so hard not to get my hopes up. But this miserable, morbidly depressed person with basically no hope or anything to live for in life was looking for one little bright piece of happiness to hold onto. And this is why I KNEW it would never come. I am sorry to the team, for I feel my bad luck cursed them.

Even despite all the fuck ups, they still had a chance. And I really thought they might just do it. It was only torture to have to go through the hope again after having already give up midway through the third quarter. I really thought they'd want it enough to do SOMETHING.

Yes, I think there were bad calls. Hey, the refs were trying to help. Yes, I do think the league didn't want the Colts out, because, sorry to fans of everyone else, let's face it, they were the only truly interesting and marketable team left. We will now likely see the lowest rated Super Bowl ever.

Yes, this will be my last post here, I see no reason to come back even next season because I never felt welcome or accepted here. I feel I am a good fan and I know a lot about this game, and I'd say I FEEL it and suffer it more than any of you. But most of you only wanted to ridicule and hurt me, and I've had more than my share of that, why set myself up for it here? I tried to reach out and say something nice to Wild Honey, it took a lot to say that, yet she ignored me. So I see I have NO friends here, so it's stupid to still keep coming around, ever.

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:

You know I heard the other day from somebody that they thought the Pats' wins were rigged by the US goverment, because their first win was right after 9-11 and the others came during the war, hey, 'patriot' and the American image and all, for morale? Well, I'm sure you'll say this is ridiculous, but it does fit! It wasn't my idea.

What? :huh:

So, I guess this means the NFC has a shot now.

I still cannot believe the ending of that game. Ridiculous.

The AFC Championship game should be fun. As for this game, I guess I'm rooting for Carolina. When my real NFL team isn't playing, I root for the team with the most USC players :D

U2Kitten said:
I had a feeling all the time off would make them lose their groove, and it sure did. I have seen it many times in the past, teams peak too early, then rest their players the last couple weeks and come out out of sync in the playoffs. In reality, it was the Chargers that beat them, for it was they who killed them. Killed their momentum, killed their confidence, took away the magic streak that was headed for glory. That last series Peyton threw, he had lost it, and I could see this.

Every year, they seem to find something that works and seems invincible, but once ONE person figures it out and the tapes go all over the league, they then collapse like Superman near Kryptonite. I never really thought they'd win, I wished, I hoped, I wanted, but I didn't really believe it, not inside.

All year, I tried so hard not to get my hopes up. But this miserable, morbidly depressed person with basically no hope or anything to live for in life was looking for one little bright piece of happiness to hold onto. And this is why I KNEW it would never come. I am sorry to the team, for I feel my bad luck cursed them.

Even despite all the fuck ups, they still had a chance. And I really thought they might just do it. It was only torture to have to go through the hope again after having already give up midway through the third quarter. I really thought they'd want it enough to do SOMETHING.

Yes, I think there were bad calls. Hey, the refs were trying to help. Yes, I do think the league didn't want the Colts out, because, sorry to fans of everyone else, let's face it, they were the only truly interesting and marketable team left. We will now likely see the lowest rated Super Bowl ever.

Yes, this will be my last post here, I see no reason to come back even next season because I never felt welcome or accepted here. I feel I am a good fan and I know a lot about this game, and I'd say I FEEL it and suffer it more than any of you. But most of you only wanted to ridicule and hurt me, and I've had more than my share of that, why set myself up for it here? I tried to reach out and say something nice to Wild Honey, it took a lot to say that, yet she ignored me. So I see I have NO friends here, so it's stupid to still keep coming around, ever.

Oh please...let's have a pity party for yourself.

Don't let the door knowk you in the butt on the way out.

So-the interesting thing about this game I am sure is when we are going to have to hear that the Colts loss was not Peyton's fault. I mean can't you hear it now..."the kicker (I would write his name but have no idea how to spell) went wide right" "the crowd wasn't into it" "Pittsburg is dirty" "We didn't play a real game in five weeks" "Dungy's loss" Blah blah blah:madspit:

That, however, was the most entertaining football game I have watched all year. I have never laughed so hard. I mean not an interception...come on!! Bettis fumbles...Bahhahahhahahha....
PeytonHAHAHAHHAHHAHA

I would now LOVE to see a Bears/Pitt old school match up.

U2Kitten said:

i'm touched by this...
:eyebrow:

U2Kitten said:

Yes I think there were bad calls. Hey, the refs were trying to help. Yes, I do think the league didn't want the Colts out, because, sorry to fans of everyone else, let's face it, they were the only truly interesting and marketable team left. We will now likely see the lowest rated Super Bowl ever.

and this too...
:(

Originally posted by U2Kitten

good martyrs are hard to come by...

spent the entire season badmouthing brady & the patriots organization as sore losers, then provides an example of one....

brilliant....

:|

my favorite part of Vanderjerk's kick was that it wasn't even close. That sucker just took off wide right from the get-go. It didn't even land in the net as a fan was able to catch the ball.

That was one of the strangest 5 or 10 minutes of football I've seen. It would've been very nice to see Peyton wave off the coach and punter and not make the first down, but in the end Peyton was still Peyton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom