NFL Thread Part Three, Take Two - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-16-2006, 07:17 PM   #286
War Child

Local Time: 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways

Who? Sports writers?

"It's what they do. It's all they do."

Old 01-16-2006, 07:58 PM   #287
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:55 PM
the pats are far from done.. they still have brady, they still have bill.

they need to get younger on defense and they need to sure up their secondary, but they'll be back.

the colts will be back, too. they'll win another 12-14 games next year... perhaps peyton will throw for another bunch of records just to prove himself to everyone again, and then they'll piss their pants come playoff time and disapoint once again. peyton manning is a very talented quarterback... probably the most talented natural pocket QB in the league today. but he has way too much power. this whole calling his plays thing is getting silly. it's a gimmick. if they had a offensive coordinator who's nuts weren't chopped off, they could have made :gasp: adjustments to pittsburgh's blitz package. my word... make adjustments durring the game? how crazy a concept.

great coaches make adjustments... it's what makes them great coaches. but when the coach with the most power is your quarterback, it presents a problem.

and last night ended the conversation in my mind... the debate is over. i've said for years now that peyton is the best QB in the NFL. i take it all back, and give me tom brady.

Old 01-16-2006, 08:34 PM   #288
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

the debate is over. i've said for years now that peyton is the best QB in the NFL. i take it all back, and give me tom brady.

if tom sees that post, he'll be proud.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:42 PM   #289
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:55 PM
Truth be told, your post above headache is exactly correct.

Think about it. Good coaches do make adjustments. I love Dungy too. But how did Indy lose its first game to San Diego? Blitz and ruin their rhythm. Looked quite the same yesterday as it did that Sunday. I guarentee(cringing at myself here b/c I don't really like Pitt) Pittsburgh and head coach Cowher saw this and thought, lets go for it. Not to mention their offensive schemes tripped them up too. They took it to them and won.

And thanks for the comments on my Brian Urlacher. Too bad Steve Smith got in Tillman's head so early in the game or things may have been different.

What happened to a QB leading a last minute drive to win???
Old 01-16-2006, 10:29 PM   #290
Blue Crack Addict

I thought about posting this last night, and thought to hold off in case it was just the alcohol talking.

But now, after fully mulling about it for a good 24 hours, I am now prepared to say, with a straight face and in all seriousness...

Tom Brady is a better quarterback than Peyton Manning.

With the exception of one who shall remain nameless, I've been probably the biggest Peyton supporter in the Peyton-Tom battle over the past couple years. I am now fully prepared to renounce that position and admit that I was terribly wrong.

Peyton is a fucking choke artist who can't come up big. While this is not an expression of love for Tom Brady (hey, I can still hate the both of them), I am now able to admit that when it comes to the big games and winning those games, Tom has the decisive edge. And Tom never tossed his entire offensive line out to dry. He used them in Visa commercials. I no longer have respect for Peyton Manning as a big-game quarterback.

I am hereby repenting from my sins and renouncing all Peyton fandom from here on.

As penitance, I fully await all posts of "I told you so", along with numerous idiotic quotes I posted previously to be dug up and exposed in the light once again.

Please...forgive me. I knew not what I did.

DISCLAIMER: This post was not made under any kind of duress or as a result of any alcoholic intoxication or wager made with a fellow Interference member.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:56 PM   #291
Blue Crack Distributor

it hurts to admit it, but alas... it is true. i didn't hate brady... i liked 'em both. i was just blinded by the stats and impressed by the silly play calling. i have now seen the err of my ways.

tom brady shits on peyton manning.

i can only hope that the pansy gene wans't passed along from archie to eli, otherwise the giants are fucked
Old 01-16-2006, 11:07 PM   #292
The Fly

Local Time: 09:55 PM
Hey, guys, just because I am a choking fuck up doesn't mean Tom is the epitome of great QBs, he is just one lucky bastard. The true great QB is one who can do it all and move around and make good decisions, Montana, Young, Favre, even Jim Kelly. I envy them, I will never be that great. I have let all my fans down, I have let my team down, and I live with my shame. But if you want to see real greatness in a QB you need to look beyond Brady, he really is just a mediocrity.

Oh, if only I had run on 3rd and 2, or seen wide open James instead of telegraphing for one guy the wrong direction. I suck, and it will be a hard thing to live with. To my dear brother Eli, you have seen your future, it is your destiny to follow in my footsteps with the family choke curse. Each year for years to come you will lead your fans to high hopes only to have them collapse in the playoffs. The Chargers don't know how lucky they were not to get you. Maybe if we make the playoffs next year, we can have ourselves hypnotized to believe it's November....

Farewell,

Peyton Manning

Mr. November
Old 01-16-2006, 11:10 PM   #293
Blue Crack Distributor

do ignore lists take alters into effect or did i just add both names and not remember? 'cause if it did it automaticly, that would be awesome.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:14 PM   #294
The Fly

Local Time: 09:55 PM
No, each name must be listed separately. I am just a newbie to this forum, but I know that. Now, if only I knew what to do in a big game.......
Old 01-16-2006, 11:15 PM   #295
Blue Crack Addict

Mangini agrees to coach Jets

Patriots defensive coordinator Eric Mangini has agreed to become the new head coach of the New York Jets.

Mangini met with Jets general manager Terry Bradway and assistant GM Mike Tannenbaum in Providence Sunday, the day after New England's season ended with a 27-13 loss in Denver.

The Jets interviewed former Vikings coach Mike Tice yesterday, but he left the New York area late in the afternoon. Shortly thereafter, the Jets contacted Mangini and made an offer.

Efforts to reach Mangini for comment were unsuccessful.

The Jets interviewed six candidates besides Mangini and Tice: former Saints coach Jim Haslett, former Rams interim coach Joe Vitt, Jets offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger, Jets defensive coordinator Donnie Henderson, Giants defensive coordinator Tim Lewis, and Jets special teams coach Mike Westhoff.

Mangini was intriguing to team owner Woody Johnson because of his ties with Bill Belichick and his knowledge of the Patriots' system.

Mangini has had the backing of Tannenbaum, a close friend, although Bradway appeared to be enamored with Tice.

Mangini, who turns 35 this week, just completed his first season as the Patriots' defensive coordinator. He replaced Romeo Crennel, who left after last year's Super Bowl campaign to become head coach of the Cleveland Browns

Adam Vinatieri and Christian Fauria are 2 of 17 free agents whose contracts are up this year. If they let these guys go, I am going to be pissed!
Old 01-16-2006, 11:18 PM   #296
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

fauria is completely expendable with graham and the emergence of watson.

vinatieri is going nowhere.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:19 PM   #297
Blue Crack Addict

My God, wait until Hewson reads all of this in the morning...

Old 01-16-2006, 11:21 PM   #298
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

peyton you still suck.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:22 PM   #299
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by StlElevation
fauria is completely expendable with graham and the emergence of watson.

vinatieri is going nowhere.
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if they kept Fauria around as a backup, if he wanted to.

Vinatieri is obviously staying. Whether a new contract is written up or not - he'll be franchised again if that happens.

They need to resign David Givens - he's a big time receiver. I would make him a top priority.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:34 PM   #300
War Child

I am thinking about sending money to Tony Parker. Not that he needs it but b/c he called the absolute shit refs out on national TV. That was swesome.