NFL Thread Part Three, Take Two - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-15-2006, 02:24 AM   #151
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer

Hard to win handing the ball off to the same guy on every play, though. Maybe the Bears can run a wishbone or something.
Actually, Adrian Peterson has also done well this season.

Moreover, the Panthers should know better than to leave Moose alone.

I checked the paper and the Bears are the favorite but you'd never know it from the picks made here. It won't be a blow out but the Bears offense is capable of scoring points.

Old 01-15-2006, 02:28 AM   #152
War Child

Local Time: 08:15 PM
Bears are cute...

Old 01-15-2006, 03:31 AM   #153
War Child

So for all those who jumped onto the anti-pats bandwagon....congrats.....

this fan is sulking back to her room...taking off her jersey that she has worn alot...and laying down to sleep

tomorrow when she wakes up she will see that "tomorrow is another day"....and not a chance in hell will an AFC team win the Superbowl.....

Well...actually..she wakes up next year when the Pats are 14-2!!!!!
Old 01-15-2006, 04:12 AM   #154
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:15 PM

This is the happiest day of my football-watching life.
Old 01-15-2006, 08:09 AM   #155
Blue Crack Distributor

i'd like to be able to feel the sadness that losing twice in 5 years brings... it would be nice.

i'm a strong believer in the 5 year grace rule... if my team wins a championship, they've got 5 years to screw around before i start caring if they're actually good enough to win again.

my teams haven't won a championship since 1990, 1986, and 1973 just one would be nice. maybe the knicks can win this year...

bahhhhhhhhh hahahahahahah yea right.
Old 01-15-2006, 08:46 AM   #156
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

that was the ultimate sign that the pats reign was over.
I'd hardly suspect that the Patriots' reign is over just because they didn't win it all this year (unless you were strictly thinking about winning them in a row). Their schedule is much easier next year, and they'll still be a force to be reckoned with.

I don't think they are going away at all. They'll be a contender for several more years.
Old 01-15-2006, 09:52 AM   #157
Blue Crack Addict

It's a famous old football saying, much used on the old NFL films, that it's better to be lucky than good. I believe this, because I have seen 'good' teams be beaten by 'lucky' teams who at times were not as 'good.' It does happen that the balls and the calls go one way and not another, not talking about any one particular game, but it does happen. It would be great to think that everything was resolved on the field of play and honor and nothing else was ever involved, but that's not always so.

Now, how are my anti-Brady rants 'banworthy?' I have a right to express my views on him, we all have a right to bash any team, band or album here, I don't see how that's banworthy. However, what IS banworthy is personal attacks against posters here, and that is what happened to me.

You know I heard the other day from somebody that they thought the Pats' wins were rigged by the US goverment, because their first win was right after 9-11 and the others came during the war, hey, 'patriot' and the American image and all, for morale? Well, I'm sure you'll say this is ridiculous, but it does fit! It wasn't my idea.

One thing I get so sick of hearing about Brady was his winning streak in the playoffs, putting him ahead of Joe Montana. Well the reason he had this 'winning streak' alive was because he didn't even make the playoffs in '02! The 49ers were there every year but didn't always make the Super Bowl. So it's not really fair to let a guy get over him by not even qualifying one year.

I see so many of you say that it's over, the Colts are going to win now. First, it's sad to see you say it like it's a bad thing. Why not the Colts? They've earned it, and deserve it, and are very nice guys who don't shoot off their mouths. They have a very honorable coach who is going through some sad times. They haven't won one since 1971. Indianapolis is a great city and the fans have never had a pro championship. Why not the Colts?

Second, what makes you think that they automatically get it since the Pats are gone, as if they were the only one who could stop them? Remember the Colts handled them well and beat them soundly in the regular season, and there is no reason to believe it wouldn't have happened again. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who are sick of the Patriots and want to see someone else win. ANYONE.

Finally, why are you so sure? I'm not! I wish I was! But doom always hangs over me, and I won't believe anything good is going to happen, and won't until I see them holding the trophy up. If they do.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:43 AM   #158
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten

You know I heard the other day from somebody that they thought the Pats' wins were rigged by the US goverment, because their first win was right after 9-11 and the others came during the war, hey, 'patriot' and the American image and all, for morale? Well, I'm sure you'll say this is ridiculous, but it does fit! It wasn't my idea.
Old 01-15-2006, 11:46 AM   #159
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten

Oh please. This might have been clever four years ago.

No, check that, it wasn't.

Quote:

One thing I get so sick of hearing about Brady was his winning streak in the playoffs, putting him ahead of Joe Montana. Well the reason he had this 'winning streak' alive was because he didn't even make the playoffs in '02! The 49ers were there every year but didn't always make the Super Bowl. So it's not really fair to let a guy get over him by not even qualifying one year.
Big whoop. Joe Montana's streak covered four consecutive years, Tom Brady's streak four years out of five. Nobody is trying to discount Joe's streak. Again, you're clearly just bitter about Tom Brady.

Quote:

I see so many of you say that it's over, the Colts are going to win now. First, it's sad to see you say it like it's a bad thing. Why not the Colts? They've earned it, and deserve it, and are very nice guys who don't shoot off their mouths. They have a very honorable coach who is going through some sad times. They haven't won one since 1971. Indianapolis is a great city and the fans have never had a pro championship. Why not the Colts?
Because every time the Pats beat the Colts, all I ever hear from Colts fans and players is the classic "we're still the better team, things just didn't go our way/they got lucky/the refs screwed us" shtick. (Although I wouldn't be surprised if all the quotes from players turned out all to be from Mike Vanderjagt.) They never seemed to be able to give the Pats their due.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:06 PM   #160
Blue Crack Addict

If the Colts lose today, then this debate can continue.

But if the Colts move on, Pats fans really should stop whining about how they were the better team, and learn to accept the fact that their team - *gasp* - actually may not be invincible after all!

Quit bitching about the refs. The Patriots lost by a pretty wide margin to a better team last night.

Accept it.

Lord knows every other fan has had to for the past 5 years.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:13 PM   #161
The Fly

Local Time: 12:15 AM
Ding dong, the witch is dead!

: Oops, I mean, where is Tom today, he's not posting. Since he's such a good sport, I was hoping he'd come in and congratulate the Broncos on a good game and wish me luck!

The reason I never 'gave them their due' is because they never were the best team. I admit they spooked us, and we blew it. I would have liked to have faced them in the championship game, but we have proven we can beat them so that's not a factor. All I care about right now is the Steelers, I must go prepare myself for this important game mentally and physically.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:17 PM   #162
The Fly

Local Time: 12:15 AM
I'm so mad at Nick Harper's wife for trying to cut his leg off with a knife!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060115/...colts_harper_3
Old 01-15-2006, 12:19 PM   #163
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC
If the Colts lose today, then this debate can continue.

But if the Colts move on, Pats fans really should stop whining about how they were the better team, and learn to accept the fact that their team - *gasp* - actually may not be invincible after all!

Quit bitching about the refs. The Patriots lost by a pretty wide margin to a better team last night.

Accept it.

Lord knows every other fan has had to for the past 5 years.
Man, I wish Drew Rosenhaus were my agent.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:19 PM   #164
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan

I'd hardly suspect that the Patriots' reign is over just because they didn't win it all this year (unless you were strictly thinking about winning them in a row). Their schedule is much easier next year, and they'll still be a force to be reckoned with.

I don't think they are going away at all. They'll be a contender for several more years.
Tedy Bruschi was asked a question about if they'll be back next year...lets just say he was less than pleased with that one.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:21 PM   #165
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by randhail

Tedy Bruschi was asked a question about if they'll be back next year...lets just say he was less than pleased with that one.
Well, if they can superglue Rodney Harrison's knee back together, extricate the giant fork sticking out of Corey Dillon's back and draft a good cornerback, they should be good to go for next year.