NFL 2007, Part One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMelon said:

Besides, the whole point of being loyal is suffering until something good happens.

I was born and raised a Packer fan (I've always lived in Michigan, but my hometown is an hour north of Green Bay), which means I've experienced frustrating and sad seasons, and a whole lot of teasing from non-Packer fans. :wink: I don't care how bad they are though, I will be a loud and proud Packer fan. It sure is nice that they are having a pretty good season so far though. :D

Would have been even nicer if it hadn't been for those stupid Bears... :madwife: :laugh:

I admit that I really don't know a lot about football, but being a Packer fan is just a part of me. They remind me of home and family, it's a common bond. :heart:

Bonochick said:
being a Packer fan is just a part of me. They remind me of home and family, it's a common bond. :heart:

Yet another reason being a true, hometown fan is infinitely more satisfying than picking up whoever is winning at the time.

Hewson's 20 Rules for being a True Fan has an air of truth to it: http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/020227

Ever been to Texas Stadium, Justin?

Bonochick said:

I was born and raised a Packer fan (I've always lived in Michigan, but my hometown is an hour north of Green Bay), which means I've experienced frustrating and sad seasons, and a whole lot of teasing from non-Packer fans. :wink: I don't care how bad they are though, I will be a loud and proud Packer fan. It sure is nice that they are having a pretty good season so far though. :D

Would have been even nicer if it hadn't been for those stupid Bears... :madwife: :laugh:

I admit that I really don't know a lot about football, but being a Packer fan is just a part of me. They remind me of home and family, it's a common bond. :heart:

In 1996 I went to my one and only NFL game—the Packers vs. the Lions in Detroit. You'll never believe the comments I was receiving in the Silverdome parking lot because I was wearing a 49ers jacket. I actually got a "watch your back, buddy!" Lesson learned, shall we say. :wink:

Anyway, it was quite an experience and it seemed that about half of the 80,000 fans were Packer fans. I saw so many cheeseheads, it was unbelievable!

BonoManiac said:

In 1996 I went to my one and only NFL game—the Packers vs. the Lions in Detroit. You'll never believe the comments I was receiving in the Silverdome parking lot because I was wearing a 49ers jacket. I actually got a "watch your back, buddy!" Lesson learned, shall we say. :wink:

Anyway, it was quite an experience and it seemed that about half of the 80,000 fans were Packer fans. I saw so many cheeseheads, it was unbelievable!

Aw, come on, Detroit fans are nothing if respectful of the rival teams.

What? ;)

I had a chance to go to my first Lions game a month back, but tickets were sold out before I had a chance to get them. I've been to Pistons, Tigers and Wings games, but never a Lions game. The only time I ever went to the Silverdome was to see U2 (my first U2 show back in '92) and the Rolling Stones a few years later.

inmyplace13 said:

Ever been to Texas Stadium, Justin?

Unfortunatlly not yet. I did see them play here at Candlestick Park though.

and now a few words from Patrick Crayton

Dallas receiver says Pats defense "not that good''
Tuesday, Oct 16, 2007 11:48 pm EDT

Getty Images
A Dallas Cowboys receiver didn't think the New England Patriots defense was that good, noting he wouldn't forget the popcorn celebration on his home field, and didn't hide his disgust at what he perceives to be fair-weather Patriots fans. And it wasn't Terrell Owens, it was Patrick Crayton.

"I told my coach yesterday, ‘If they make it to Arizona, we will see them again,' " Crayton said. "If they make it to Arizona, we will see them again. Seriously, I'm not backing down from that statement. Yesterday, I told my coach that, and I'm saying it now."

"Offensively, they are the real deal," he told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "I'm not going to lie about that. Defensively, I can tell you no, they're not. They're not (that good) at all. The only time they stopped us is when we had penalties. If that's stopping us, it is what it is. Defensively, they are not the real deal."

Source: Boston Herald

Related: Terrell Owens, Dallas Cowboys, New England Patriots

Bonochick said:

:cute: Great attitude! That's what football at its best brings to the table. :up:

Justin24 said:

and now a few words from Patrick Crayton

Its a shame Dallas' sieve like defense will prevent them from any shot at the Super Bowl, cause it would have been fun to see how the Pats would have reponded to this being on the bulletin board. Think Freddie Mitchell.

And Patrick...the players with any chutzpah talk about the opponent before the game and then back it up on the field, not after getting your ass whooped and the opponent is safely 2,000 miles away.

New England's defense will be a lot better when Richard Seymour gets back.

Justin, let's face it, you've been talking a lot of trash too. It's been back and forth, back and forth, and since it's been so equal and nobody was really being nasty to each other personally, I haven't said much. Besides, sorry to say, but you came in here and totally fanned flames with the way you talk.

This thread is closing in on 1,000 posts. Once the new thread starts, I'm kind of hoping that we can keep things a little more civil and mature. Some ribbing and razzing of others is fine and fun, I understand some trash talk, but if you aren't going to be able to handle what comes back at you, maybe you should watch what you say in the first place.

Justin24 said:

Wow going that low to make fun of someones name and using a derogative term such as Homo.

Come on, man, you can't blame him. It's just too easy to resist.

Justin24 said:

Wow going that low to make fun of someones name and using a derogative term such as Homo.

So when I say Tony Homo, as a joke, it's wrong? But when you say you wish evil things on the patriots, not in a joke, it is ok?

Good job, you lost a lil argument to a 14 year old :up:

I grew up in Wisconsin...and I am a Bears fan. BUT!!! Before you all start bashing me for not being a Packer fan, realize this. I was born in Kenosha, WI. That is closer to Chicago than it is to Green Bay. And when I actually started caring about the Bears was well after 1985. I would have been 4. I do remember that day. And at 4 years old, my cousin's drum set was way more important.

I believe the first team I can really remember was the 1989 bears with Jim Harbaugh and Neal Anderson. They went 6-10 so...I didn't really join a bandwagon there.

Wait I dont get it...

I have lived in Chicago all my life, but my favorite teams arent from chicago. :shrug:

What does it matter where you come from, when it only matters how much you love the team..

tpsreports2424 said:

So when I say Tony Homo, as a joke, it's wrong? But when you say you wish evil things on the patriots, not in a joke, it is ok?

Good job, you lost a lil argument to a 14 year old :up:

Did I say it was a joke nope. but that discussion is over.

So making fun of people who are Gay is funny to you?? I guess since your still a kid.

Justin24 said:

Did I say it was a joke nope. but that discussion is over.

So making fun of people who are Gay is funny to you?? I guess since your still a kid.

Um, if the discussion is over, then why follow up with another question about it?

Can we talk about football now? Like, do you think the Saints will turn it around enough to win their weak division? Or, will the Dolphins win a game?

Justin, I'm sick of you stirring the pot here and picking fights in this thread. Yes, there has been stuff going back and forth, other people have been involved, I've already acknowledged that, but you just won't quit. I'm gonna specifically tell you straight up to knock it off. Jeez. I'd say the same to everyone else as well, but it seems YOU are the one provoking it, so if you stop, the rest of it should as well.

Back to football, please.

Last edited:
Hewson said:
Think Freddie Mitchell.

fredd.jpg

He'd just like to thank his hands for being so great.

Tom Brady throws a 35-yard jump ball into double coverage and puts it right into the hands of Randy Moss.

Jesus God.

This season is seriously changing my opinion of Brady and the Patriots. I'm considering issuing a public apology for my years of Brady-hating.

Andy Reid loses the Eagles another one. :angry:

If you keep 10 defensive linemen, why would you not sub in for four exhausted, out of shape linemen in the fourth quarter in the middle of a 97 yard drive?

Why are your offensive linemen so out of shape?

Fuck Andy Reid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom