NFL 2007, Part One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I recall from Bruce Almighty, God has an office in Buffalo, so none of this makes sense.

Its got me really questioning my religious beliefs.
I mean how can the deity work in the city, enjoy its chicken wings by the dozens and hate the football team so much?

As bad as his game was, I'd much rather my favorite team be helmed by Romo than Eli at this point. Romo's besting him in every statistical category except (well, now) interceptions.

But my judgement might just be clouded due to the fact that I can't stand every other team in the NFC East. And Romo's start can very likely be attributed to abysmal competition.

5-0 is nice and everything, it rolls off the tongue well, but it's a little hollow knowing how poor the other teams have been as of yet. Besides the Pats marquee matchup on Sunday, the Cowboys have an excellent change to win every single one of their games. We all know that won't happen, but I'm afraid if they go 13-3 or so, an excellent regular season record will just be an apparition and they'll buckle come playoff time.

While I'm a huge Cowboys fan, you won't see me blindly fellating every aspect of the organization like bandwagon fan Justin. I understand that the Cowboys had absolutely no business winning that game, there was no divine providence involved, and the horrid schedule has a very high likelihood of being a forerunner to a monumental disappointment.

I'm not sold.

inmyplace13 said:
bandwagon fan Justin. B]

I am not a bandwagon fan!!! You dont know me. Do I go insulting you?

I could see Dallas losing possibly to the Redskins, it will be a tough game this sunday, as far as playing philly and NY those might be easy wins.

Last edited:
BonoManiac said:
I wish God was a San Francisco fan. :sigh:

Your a 9er fan? You know where the 9ers fucked up getting rid of Debartolo. He cared about the team and knew how to run it and pick the right players. York is one stupid owner.

Justin24 said:

I could see Dallas losing possibly to the Redskins, it will be a tough game this sunday, as far as playing philly and NY those might be easy wins.

I was about to defend you on the "bandwagon fan" thing, but then you went and dissed the Eagles.

So, with all due respect, FUCK DALLAS.

Justin24 said:

exactly what win on the cowboys schedule thus far can you point at and say "damn, that's mighty impressive. this team is going places."

when you find it please.. let me know. 'cause i can't.

this sunday? yea... that would be mighty impressive. i will instantly declare the cowboys the best team in the NFC if they're able to win sunday.

until that point? what... who have they beaten? a giants team (barely) who's defense simply wasn't the same as it is now. a bears team that was an absolute mess. two shitty teams in the dolphins and rams, and a miracle to beat a third shitty team in the bills. where is this all telling victory that makes you so impressed with the team that you can honestly say that going into new york and philadelphia, two very tough places to play, are going to be easy, cakewalk victories?

DaveC said:

I was about to defend you on the "bandwagon fan" thing, but then you went and dissed the Eagles.

So, with all due respect, FUCK DALLAS.

How was I supposed to know you were a philly fan. I will give you credit in the past on whooping our asses. Philly has always been a challenge for Dallas.

Justin24 said:

Your a 9er fan? You know where the 9ers fucked up getting rid of Debartolo. He cared about the team and knew how to run it and pick the right players. York is one stupid owner.

Hmmm....the 49ers got rid of Debartolo? That's news to me. I thought it was due to Jr. being linked to a corruption and tax fraud case involving a former Louisiana governor. He was barred for a year, I believe, and then gave up control of the team a year later to his sister and her husband.

Yes, the "9ers" fucked up.

LM's Fun Facts©

Tony Romo's first 16 starts:

21 INTs
10 fumbles

Rex Grossman's 2006 season:

20 INTs
8 fumbles

That concludes this edition of LM's Fun Facts©.

Rex also has zero quality receivers. Romo has freaking TO, Witten, and Glenn and he still sucks.

Justin24 said:
I see nothing but jealousy cause your team is not up there in wins.

I'll bite.

Can you honestly, with a straight face, compare Tony Romo to Tom Brady?

Brady's in a whole other league.

And I say this with a well-established record of many years of fierce Brady-hating, as other regulars will attest to.

It's not jealousy. It's plain fact. They aren't even close.

All I hear is fuck the cowboys, fuck Romo. You guys can't admit that Dallas is the best in the NFC and that your team, such as the Jets, philly etc... are at the bottom because there not stepping up their game and attempting to win a game. Now I don't know if it's the players, coaching or management thats the problem, but your teams need to fix something, if you want to match, the Cowboys, NE or Indy.

DaveC said:

I'll bite.

Can you honestly, with a straight face, compare Tony Romo to Tom Brady?

Brady's in a whole other league.

And I say this with a well-established record of many years of fierce Brady-hating, as other regulars will attest to.

It's not jealousy. It's plain fact. They aren't even close.

I will agree with you that Romo is no Brady and Romo is no Favre either. Romo is on a totally different playing field and he will not reach Brady or Favre stature. Brady has a good coaching staff that makes it possible for him to be this good. Now who would you say is better Brady or Young if Young was still playing?

Justin24 said:
Now who would you say is better Brady or Young if Young was still playing?

Um, are you refering to Steve Young? As a "9er" fan I can tell you that Brady is hands down on his way to obliterating Young. Let's see, 3 Super Bowls to 1 (as a starter). And, when Young took over from Montana they had good teams but he wasn't able to win the big game.

Also, don't forget that things didn't start to turn around for New England until after Brady took over from Drew Bledsoe, I believe 2 or 3 games into the 2000 or 2001 season. So, say what you will about the coaching staff and supporting cast but Brady has been a huge part of their success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom