lp7 countdown and anticipation thread - part i

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bling :down:
For Reasons Unknown :down:
Uncle Johnny :down:
The River Is Wild :down:
Why Do I Keep Counting :down:

Brandon Flowers's vocals :down:

Pretty much everything about/affiliated with Sam's Town :down:

xaviMF22 said:
and bitches the second best album of the 00's is "Parachutes" :heart:

Wouldn't go that far, but it's easily the best thing the band has done. It's actually very good. :up:

xaviMF22 said:

I wouldn't got that far...but Zootles is complaining about Bono's bad lyrics yet he praises Hot fuss??? :wink:

Dude, you cannot compare! I like Hot Fuss for the music, NOT the lyrics! Whereas, with Bono there is this huge lyrical expectation!

Zootlesque said:

Whereas, with Bono there is this huge lyrical expectation!

so even though you've thought his lyrics have been shite for 10 years, you still have a huge lyrical expectation?

Just for the heck of it, I'm going to throw in an album we can criticize:

Nick Drake - Pink Moon

Bear with me, no one knew what this album was until 2000 (I'm not even sure if it was in print), so I nominate this as one of the best of the decade. :wink:

Zootlesque said:

with Bono there is this huge lyrical expectation!

well not anymore.. after the atrocities he committed on ATYCLB and especially HTDAAB...our expectations should be low for the next LP:wink:

expect more "kneel" "feel" rhymes :mad:

U2Man said:

so even though you've thought his lyrics have been shite for 10 years, you still have a huge lyrical expectation?

Okay,

a. I haven't thought his lyrics have been "shite" for 10 years, just mediocre for the last 7 years.

b. I'm talking about the lyrical expectation I had just before ATYCLB was released, not right now. Now I'd be surprised if the new album turned out to be genius lyrically.

This would make for a good future chorus:

"When I kneeeeeeel
I can feeeeel
As if I can see into your soul
Drip like honey to a monkey
Your love makes me feel like that
When I kneel"

:up:

And then Radiohead go and release Kid A, a total musical mind fuck that may have nonsensical lyrics for all I care but it is not cheesy like Bono's lyrics are of late.

I appreciate Kid A for the music primarily, just like Hot Fuss.

LemonMelon said:

White noise can be made into interesting things. Just look at Metal Machine Music. :up:

I know, I find noise very interesting.

The Killers, not so much.

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom