Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Varitek said:
Hi Screwey. You disappeared abruptly yesterday, I thought I'd scared you off :sad:

Nope. :)

Varitek said:

:lmao: Screwtape, I say this in all affection, but SERIOUSLY?

YOU are lecturing ME about opening my mind to the possibilities of sex??

YOU HAVE NEVER HAD SEX.

I'm sorry, I've had lots of sex, in lots of places, positions, and with a number of people that I will not share on this site so as to maintain some mystery, and I've had sex while madly in love and it was really nice, and sex with a guy who I was not attracted to but heard he was great and it's the best sex I've ever had. However, the only thing I have ever experienced that is mind bending, a new universe, a different kind of conciousness, and total communion and unity is mushrooms. Good old hallucinagenic mushrooms. (And they are better than sex.)

I don't intend to lecture. I just think there is more to it than you guys are seeing. I wish you guys could experience the world like I see it. There is more there I know it. You are far more experienced but I still believe these things are possible. :)

Screwtape2 said:

I don't intend to lecture. I just think there is more to it than you guys are seeing. I wish you guys could experience the world like I see it. There is more there I know it. You are far more experienced but I still believe these things are possible. :)

i wonder if perhaps this difference in perception of sex has to do with temperament? i mean, you know, experience aside.

Screwtape2 said:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean?

it's the development researcher inside of me speaking, but i'm referring to the myers-briggs temperament inventory. it sorts personality type depending on our preferences and perceptions. for example:

extroversion/introversion
intuition/sensing
feeling/thinking
perceiving/judging

i'm wondering if perhaps Varitek seeks a sexual experience to satisfy the physical senses, and you are looking for something abstract and symbolic? maybe that's where this clash of ideals comes from?

i could be way off... it's been awhile since i've studied human development. my current job doesn't allow me to put any sort of theory into practice. so i'm perhaps trying to make something out of nothing.

Screwtape2 said:

I'm trying to figure out what you're saying here. Are you trying to tell me that since I didn't wait to have sex before marriage, and, in fact, have done it casually outside the parameters of a defined relationship, that you somehow are better than I am and are more knowledgeable on the subject?

BonoManiac said:

I'm trying to figure out what you're saying here. Are you trying to tell me that since I didn't wait to have sex before marriage, and, in fact, have done it casually outside the parameters of a defined relationship, that you somehow are better than I am and are more knowledgeable on the subject?

No. Not at all. I'm simply saying I think there is more to sex, love and romance than people normally think. I don't have the experience but I truly believe there is more to sex than what most people think. I'm not better or smarter than anyone else. That is just how I feel. :shrug:

Screwtape2 said:

But everyone experiences the world differently...you can't really change that...I am just confused as to wear you come up with this stuff (opinions on sex) when you've never experienced it and you mentioned the horrific experiences of that girl.

unico said:

it's the development researcher inside of me speaking, but i'm referring to the myers-briggs temperament inventory. it sorts personality type depending on our preferences and perceptions. for example:

intuition/sensing
feeling/thinking
perceiving/judging

i'm wondering if perhaps Varitek seeks a sexual experience to satisfy the physical senses, and you are looking for something abstract and symbolic? maybe that's where this clash of ideals comes from?

i could be way off... it's been awhile since i've studied human development. my current job doesn't allow me to put any sort of theory into practice. so i'm perhaps trying to make something out of nothing.

I think I'm probably

Introversion
Intuition
Feeling
Perceiving

You could be right. :)

What is your line of work?

elevated_u2_fan said:

You are gonna be so disappointed, trust me on this... :wink:

(overshare time: it took me a really long time to have an orgasm after being sexually active. it was so built up in my mind as the be all end all of the human experience that for a while I couldn't believe that what I was experiencing was an orgasm...it just didn't seem good enough)

Varitek said:

But everyone experiences the world differently...you can't really change that...I am just confused as to wear you come up with this stuff (opinions on sex) when you've never experienced it and you mentioned the horrific experiences of that girl.

I think it is what happens when the world is cut off and it is just you and your lover that shapes my opinions. The spirit and the flesh are one in an attempt to create palpable love. That is why I think from a romantic point of view. Sex is an experience of oneness. :)

elevated_u2_fan said:
You aren't missing much, no matter what Screwtape says...

Not in that sense, but overall, being a permanently single 17 year old ... I am kind of missing some things.

unico said:

intuition/sensing
feeling/thinking
perceiving/judging

I am just about the opposite of Screwtape so you are probably onto something:

extrovert
wtf is the difference between intuition and sensing?
thinking
probably judging but again not clear on the difference

I do see sex as a way to satisfy the physical senses, also I must admit some satisfaction in the "conquest" / sealing the deal with a very attractive man, it's a fun game to want something and then get it. (not that I do so deceptively, I try to treat people fairly and respectfully and such, but I like saying "he's hot, I want him" and then 5 hours later having him.)

But as I told Screwy yesterday I have had sex in a loving relationship. It was nice, and had something that random/NSA sex doesn't, but angels did not come down from the heavens to serenade us.

phillyfan26 said:

Not in that sense, but overall, being a permanently single 17 year old ... I am kind of missing some things.

Awww, I didn't have an easy time of it in high school either. College kicks ass. You select a place where other people you are already likely to get along with/be on the same page as have also selected. Good way to clarify the pool.

Screwtape2 said:

No. Not at all. I'm simply saying I think there is more to sex, love and romance than people normally think. I don't have the experience but I truly believe there is more to sex than what most people think. I'm not better or smarter than anyone else. That is just how I feel. :shrug:

HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS? :scratch:

fuckin 45 x4,5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom