Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Varitek said:

Awww, I didn't have an easy time of it in high school either. College kicks ass. You select a place where other people you are already likely to get along with/be on the same page as have also selected. Good way to clarify the pool.

You'd think being a songwriter and guitarist that my busking would eventually win someone over, wouldn't it? :wink:

Varitek said:

HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS? :scratch:

fuckin 45 x4,5

I don't know it as much as I feel it. I have found more in love than I what I have read on the subject, heard about on the subject. Isn't possible I'll find more in sex than others might. Then again people might experience the same thing but never express it in the same way. To answer your question I feel it. :)

Varitek - i think the most general way to sum up Sensing vs Intuition is the following:

Sensing - using the senses to receive information; facts, details
Intuition - abstract, possibilites, and hidden meanings

I'm an ENFP, holla.

Screwtape2 said:
Do you ever write lovesongs?

Sure. I suppose I don't set out writing them as lovesongs, but I have a number of songs that are written with certain girls in mind.

Screwtape2 said:

I don't know it as much as I feel it. I have found more in love than I what I have read on the subject, heard about on the subject. Isn't possible I'll find more in sex than others might. Then again people might experience the same thing but never express it in the same way. To answer your question I feel it. :)

Honey, I've been in love, I've "found out" things that way too.

I think you have a few potential futures:

1) You have sex and you are immensely disappointed, as many of us have warned you, and then you become a massive man whore seeking the illusive universe-altering experience you still believe is out there.
2) You have sex and you are immsensely disappointed, as many of us have warned you, and you break off a relationship in which there is mutual love because you think the problem is you weren't really in love and that's why the sex didn't alter reality forever.
3) You have sex and you are immensely disappointed, you readjust and live a healthy life and look back and laugh at your idealistic self.
4) You have sex and you are not disappointed but only because you have built up your dillusions and become so invested in them that to not convince yourself you have experienced what you thought you would would cause a psychotic break.

I hope for your sake you can manage to travel the third path.

unico said:
Varitek - i think the most general way to sum up Sensing vs Intuition is the following:

I'm an ENFP, holla.

so I'm an extrovert sensing thinking and probably judging but still not clear on the last one.

(haha brings to mind the quote "if you're judging you're not drunk enough." oh peer pressure)

Screwtape2 said:
Are you one of those guys who brings your guitar to school?

No, that's a little over-doing it for me. I've brought my guitar to school twice, both times for songs I was presenting in class for school projects.

I'm in talks now about recording an acoustic album with a pianist buddy of mine, so there's that.

Varitek said:

so I'm an extrovert sensing thinking and probably judging but still not clear on the last one.

(haha brings to mind the quote "if you're judging you're not drunk enough." oh peer pressure)

yeah, you'd have to take the actual assessment for sure. i'm not qualified :(

being an NFP, I can kinda see where screwtape is coming from...kinda. but not that extreme.

Screwtape2 said:

Two questions:

1. What if I do find something spiritual in sex?

2. Random question but have you ever had sex with music playing? I think I would love to have music playing to seal the moment.

1. Best of luck :shrug:
2. Of course I have. One of my favorite hookups ever actually was a guy who was dumb enough to see my copious u2 posters and say he liked u2...i made a quick u2 sex playlist :laugh: don't remember what was on it now but it mellowed out at the end to stuff like AIWIY. poor guy. I've had sex to music other times as well. You know what's useful? When you suspect a guy is a 3-4 minute man because it always seems unsatisfying, btu you can't actually look at a clock? play music and see if he can outlast a song!

Varitek said:

2. Of course I have. One of my favorite hookups ever actually was a guy who was dumb enough to see my copious u2 posters and say he liked u2...i made a quick u2 sex playlist :laugh: don't remember what was on it now but it mellowed out at the end to stuff like AIWIY. poor guy. I've had sex to music other times as well. You know what's useful? When you suspect a guy is a 3-4 minute man because it always seems unsatisfying, btu you can't actually look at a clock? play music and see if he can outlast a song!

#2 :lmao:

It ain't easy, that's for sure. I'm resigned to the fact that I'll miss some stuff. Or if other threads are quiet, then most everyone is here :wink:

Varitek said:

If it isn't too sensitive what kind of music on the other times?

Poor Screwtape. :)

All kidding aside, I admire how you handle the jokes and comments at your expense with such patience and humor.

I'll admit, it's a little strange reading what you type, since you have no actual practical experience, but, I'd rather you stay who and how you are than tell you about how wrong you are and how disappointed you will be. If everyone is truly different, then perhaps the way you interpret your future sexual experiences will be different than anyone else in here. And if you do end up being disappointed, so be it.

I'd trade some of my cynicism for a dash of your romanticism any day; it would bring me just a little more balance. Not that I do not have a romantic side (fuck you Dalton), but, perhaps time and "experience" have left me a little more jaded than I'd like to admit.

Screwtape2 said:

If it isn't too sensitive what kind of music on the other times?

Uh, sometimes whatever the guy puts on...which has been everything from simon and garfunkle wtf, to hip hop/good beat music to lifehouse/coldplay wtf.

I have to say I don't really find the idea of sex to some Marvin Gaye remotely more appealing than sex without music.

Why so curious?

No spoken words said:

All kidding aside, I admire how you handle the jokes and comments at your expense with such patience and humor.

Most definitely.

No spoken words said:
I'll admit, it's a little strange reading what you type, since you
I'd trade some of my cynicism for a dash of your romanticism any day; it would bring me just a little more balance. Not that I do not have a romantic side (fuck you Dalton), but, perhaps time and "experience" have left me a little more jaded than I'd like to admit.

Jaded in what way, exactly?

No spoken words said:

I'll admit, it's a little strange reading what you type, since you have no actual practical experience, but, I'd rather you stay who and how you are than tell you about how wrong you are and how disappointed you will be. If everyone is truly different, then perhaps the way you interpret your future sexual experiences will be different than anyone else in here. And if you do end up being disappointed, so be it.

well said. power to ya screwtape. like i said before i can kinda see where you're coming from. we perhaps have more in common than you think. but i hope that some day you do find that special thing you seek. there's absolutely nothing wrong with chasing a dream and following your heart* :)

* and this is coming from someone who has a unicorn fascination. how much more idealistic can you get?

Screwtape2 said:

As someone who had a wild time being single and also has a very satisfying marriage, I have to say that I am VERY worried about your long term happiness. You simply put too much on a pedestal, be it sex or love or women. The fact of the matter is that sometimes sex is an unbelievable connecting moment with another person. Other times its simply a lot of fun. Sometimes romance seems like it can change the color of the sky other times it seems like the hardest thing in the world.

BUT the big thing I am concerned about is how you talk about women. I love my wife. We have been together for 8 years. We have been married for 5 years in May, but the simple fact of the matter is that my wife has strengths and weaknesses just like every other person you meet. If you can't see a woman you are romantic with in that light, then you are objectifying her as much as a man who only looks at her for sex. You have to learn how to let people simply be who they are.

That's much more satisfying anyways. I love the fact that I know my wife and she knows me. We are at the same time impressed and not impressed with one another. We are partners.

Varitek said:

Uh, sometimes whatever the guy puts on...which has been everything from simon and garfunkle wtf, to hip hop/good beat music to lifehouse/coldplay wtf.

I have to say I don't really find the idea of sex to some Marvin Gaye remotely more appealing than sex without music.

Why so curious?

I think I would play music during sex. That way that music was "ours." Everytime I hear that I remember that moment. By the way if anyone was wondering I would play Julee Cruise. :drool:

I was just wondering if anything like that stuck out for you. :)

Screwtape2 said:
How did the class like your songs?

Hmmm ... well, trying to remember the songs ...

I re-wrote David Bowie's "Heroes" as a song about Holden Caulfield in my English class. That went pretty well.

I re-wrote Flight of the Conchords' Hiphopopotamus vs. Rhymenoceros as a song about World War I propaganda in my history class. That killed everyone.

I re-wrote U2's Sunday Bloody Sunday as a song about The Scarlet Letter in my English class. However, I fucked up some of the playing during it and had some more serious lyrics towards the end. It went alright, but not nearly as well as the others.

unico said:

I'm an ENFP, holla.

ENTJ FTMFW

BTW - I just got back from U23D. Meh. My daughter LOVED it though. I kid you not, this kid is the coolest ever.

Dalton said:

As someone who had a wild time being single and also has a very satisfying marriage, I have to say that I am VERY worried about your long term happiness. You simply put too much on a pedestal, be it sex or love or women. The fact of the matter is that sometimes sex is an unbelievable connecting moment with another person. Other times its simply a lot of fun. Sometimes romance seems like it can change the color of the sky other times it seems like the hardest thing in the world.

BUT the big thing I am concerned about is how you talk about women. I love my wife. We have been together for 8 years. We have been married for 5 years in May, but the simple fact of the matter is that my wife has strengths and weaknesses just like every other person you meet. If you can't see a woman you are romantic with in that light, then you are objectifying her as much as a man who only looks at her for sex. You have to learn how to let people simply be who they are.

That's much more satisfying anyways. I love the fact that I know my wife and she knows me. We are at the same time impressed and not impressed with one another. We are partners.

That has to be the most eloquent post you've ever made.

phillyfan26 said:

Hmmm ... well, trying to remember the songs ...

I re-wrote David Bowie's "Heroes" as a song about Holden Caulfield in my English class. That went pretty well.

I re-wrote Flight of the Conchords' Hiphopopotamus vs. Rhymenoceros as a song about World War I propaganda in my history class. That killed everyone.

I re-wrote U2's Sunday Bloody Sunday as a song about The Scarlet Letter in my English class. However, I fucked up some of the playing during it and had some more serious lyrics towards the end. It went alright, but not nearly as well as the others.

next time YOUTUBE!!!! i d on't care if you wear a freakin mask, that sort of awesomeness needs to be posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom