Kholat Syakhl, Russia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

I know that one trick bootleggers use is that they go to a gig with their girlfriend (or obviously do this themselves if they're female, but it seems extremely few women make bootleg recordings) and hide their taping gear in their girlfriend's bag at the bottom under tampons. Apparently it never fails as security won't touch the tampons.

lol

i've heard it works to put your camera in a bag below tampons. i like having a really tiny purse at concerts though, just room for wallet/keys/phone/ipod/camera.

Alisaura said:

Well, it was kinda disguised in this little pouch thing I had round my neck... and I'd been told by people who went to earlier concerts that the security didn't care about little crappy cameras, which mine assuredly is. :happy:

yeah i just have a point and shoot, sometimes they don't check at all and mostly they don't care. and security's always inconsistent. obviously if you're GA you wnat to get through ASAP but for seats, you can always go try a different entrance.

all the time at red sox games they will either not even check my bag or care that i'm carying in a drink in a cup from a restaurant, OR get super anal about a previously opened water bottle - but then i just go to a different gate.

Axver said:

My mobile phone's camera is completely shithouse so I've never tried to use it at a gig.

Hey, did you ever post the set from your gig?

Yes, I KNOW how stereotypical this question is from me.

lol

i didn't. i honestly didn't recognize every song they played - i mean, i recognized them, but can't name them, i have trouble witht hat if songs don't have names. i know they played birth and death of the day and your hand in mine, i can ask my bf about it (woulda been better after it happened) and someday get you my phone audio.

major_panic said:
But Ford's just awesome in general too...

Sorry, I grew up watching Star Wars and Indiana Jones, so he's kind of my childhood "superhero" idol. Stuff Luke Skywalker, Han Solo was where it was at!
Hey, I'm an 80s kid too :wink: I love Han Solo and Indy Jones...

but the older Mr Ford gets, the crappier his movies seem to become :huh: I really haven't seen anything with him in it for years.

mysterious_jen said:
random Q here-

why oh god why are men obsessed with taking pictures of their penisises and sending them to people?

Funniest post ever on my friend's LiveJournal today:

So. I come home from work and check my gmail account. There's two emails with numbers in the subject and I open them, thinking they're spam or something.

They're not.

They are emails from Verizon Wireless informing me that I've been sent pictures from someone from their cell phone. I scroll down. The pictures are attached.

They are of a blondish looking guy, standing in front of a mirror in a bathroom (I think), holding his cell phone up to take a picture of his naked body. The other is of him, sitting/laying down and apparently trying to get a better shot of his, um, goods.

I crack up laughing. Because...yeah.

And I looked up the number, apparently it's from some guy in Ann Arbor. And one of the pictures shows his face. I don't know him, so I'm assuming they were sent to me on accident

Axver said:

So. I come home from work and check my gmail account. There's two emails with numbers in the subject and I open them, thinking they're spam or something.

They're not.

They are emails from Verizon Wireless informing me that I've been sent pictures from someone from their cell phone. I scroll down. The pictures are attached.

They are of a blondish looking guy, standing in front of a mirror in a bathroom (I think), holding his cell phone up to take a picture of his naked body. The other is of him, sitting/laying down and apparently trying to get a better shot of his, um, goods.

And I looked up the number, apparently it's from some guy in Ann Arbor. And one of the pictures shows his face. I don't know him, so I'm assuming they were sent to me on accident

:lol: :lmao:

Alisaura said:

Hey, I'm an 80s kid too :wink: I love Han Solo and Indy Jones...

but the older Mr Ford gets, the crappier his movies seem to become :huh: I really haven't seen anything with him in it for years.

Yeah, for me it's Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Air Force One, Blade Runner and sometimes the Tom Clancy film, whichever it was (Patriot Games I think?). Most of his other stuff is sadly a bit meh.

Varitek said:

lol

i didn't. i honestly didn't recognize every song they played - i mean, i recognized them, but can't name them, i have trouble witht hat if songs don't have names. i know they played birth and death of the day and your hand in mine, i can ask my bf about it (woulda been better after it happened) and someday get you my phone audio.

I wasn't able to record the set at the show I saw, but afterwards I looked it up on last.fm and somebody posted the set there, so that's how I got it. Too many songs blurred together seamlessly for me to have a hope in hell of keeping the set.

We got Your Hand In Mine, it was fucking awesome. First Breath After Coma opened; best concert opener I've ever heard.

Axver said:

They're not.

:lmao:

coincidence that jen commented on that jsut now...what was the source of your comment jen?

Axver said:

I wasn't able to record the set at the show I saw, but afterwards I looked it up on last.fm and somebody posted the set there, so that's how I got it. Too many songs blurred together seamlessly for me to have a hope in hell of keeping the set.

We got Your Hand In Mine, it was fucking awesome. First Breath After Coma opened; best concert opener I've ever heard.

yeah, they do blur really well

we got first breath. but not as the opener i don't think.

it was really fantastic, and a great thing to do with my bf, but while i wanted to follow your lead and go front row, he wanted to get there after the opener.

(we still got there in time for the guy...he was painfully awful)

i wish we'd been closer, i could barely see them even on my toes as i'm super short and we were a bit back. at one point my 6'1 boyfriend had to tell me not to bother to stand on my toes; they were all sitting on the stage

Varitek said:
Ali did you get pics with a disposable? they come out so shit for me.
Yeah, I was right on the rail on a b-stage so they weren't crap... if I'd had the digital or even used the flash (I didn't want to blind Edge :reject: ), they would have come out awesome... but I sucked it all up with my eyes too, even if my memory is utter shite. :lol:

19Nov06Edge1.jpg

who do you get penis pics from? on myspace or something?

i can't say i'm jealous of you, i don't get any.

ftr i never note when i'm 45'd anymore but it happens all the fucking time

Varitek said:
yeah, they do blur really well

we got first breath. but not as the opener i don't think.

it was really fantastic, and a great thing to do with my bf, but while i wanted to follow your lead and go front row, he wanted to get there after the opener.

(we still got there in time for the guy...he was painfully awful)

i wish we'd been closer, i could barely see them even on my toes as i'm super short and we were a bit back. at one point my 6'1 boyfriend had to tell me not to bother to stand on my toes; they were all sitting on the stage

I was stunned at the start that almost everyone went for merch or drinks. I dawdled to the front. When I walked in, my eyes had a hard time adjusting to the darkness and I didn't even know where the stage was, so I walked around aimlessly! And still didn't have trouble getting quite frankly the best spot up the front.

Could you at least see enough to see how absolutely insanely energetic Munaf Rayani is?

Varitek said:
maybe i'll listen to eits next. i'm listening to low level owl 1+2 in succession now. ax have you gotten around to them?

Will listen either tomorrow or Friday.

Tonight, I'm thinking I'll head off very soon to put in some solid work. I don't work well to music I'm unfamiliar with. I have a few specific playlists I use.

Alisaura said:

Yeah, I was right on the rail on a b-stage so they weren't crap... if I'd had the digital or even used the flash (I didn't want to blind Edge :reject: ), they would have come out awesome... but I sucked it all up with my eyes too, even if my memory is utter shite. :lol:

19Nov06Edge1.jpg

wow! you're too nice, i woulda used flash. they're used to it.

that's better than a lot of the pics i got with my digital w/ flash, though it was a shitty shitty camera. i was in the 2nd row of the ellipse at 12/4 and got some decent pics, a few good ones and lots of blurry ones...but then my hard drive ate them
down.gif
down.gif
down.gif
down.gif
down.gif
down.gif
down.gif
down.gif

Axver said:

Will listen either tomorrow or Friday.

Tonight, I'm thinking I'll head off very soon to put in some solid work. I don't work well to music I'm unfamiliar with. I have a few specific playlists I use.

well when you get to know them i really like them for studying. i also like eits for studying. let me know if you want low level owl vol 2, the torrent for that took a while so i'll upload. i like vol 1 slightly better but they go together.

and if i'm not aroudn when you listen to them, email me with your thoguhts or something

Varitek said:
yeah i just have a point and shoot, sometimes they don't check at all and mostly they don't care. and security's always inconsistent. obviously if you're GA you wnat to get through ASAP but for seats, you can always go try a different entrance.

all the time at red sox games they will either not even check my bag or care that i'm carying in a drink in a cup from a restaurant, OR get super anal about a previously opened water bottle - but then i just go to a different gate.
I didn't really have bags at the U2 shows, but the only security thing I remember them making a fuss about was that we weren't supposed to bring in LIDS for our water bottles. Bottle, fine; lids VERBOTEN. :shrug:

I stuck my lid in a pocket and no one even checked.

Rotten bastards at the PT gig took my whole water bottle, and made us pay $4 for a tiny little bottle at the bar. :mad:

Last edited:
Axver said:

I was stunned at the start that almost everyone went for merch or drinks. I dawdled to the front. When I walked in, my eyes had a hard time adjusting to the darkness and I didn't even know where the stage was, so I walked around aimlessly! And still didn't have trouble getting quite frankly the best spot up the front.

Could you at least see enough to see how absolutely insanely energetic Munaf Rayani is?

we got there well after doors opened. we coulda pushed more to get closer but not that much closer, we were probably 15-20 people back but i'm bad at estimates like that. and yes, they were all crazy jumping around.

Varitek said:

wow! you're too nice, i woulda used flash. they're used to it.

Personally, I never ever use flash, except for rare circumstances when everybody knows it's being used, like at a family dinner or whatever. I'd definitely never do my train or tram photography with the flash on.

Alisaura said:

I didn't really have bags at the U2 shows, but the only security thing I remember them making a fuss about was that we weren't supposed to bring in LIDS for our water bottles. Bottle, fine, lids VERBOTEN. :shrug:

I stuck my lid in a pocket and no one even checked.

Rotten bastards at the PT gig took my whole water bottle, and made us pay $4 for a tiny little bottle at the bar. :mad:

they don't want lids cause then you can make it a heavy projectile to throw it at the band or audience or whatever. :laugh: at the pocket thing, i woulda done that.

they don't liek you bringign in drinks b/c they are afraid you spiked them...and they want to make money off alcohol and hydration. but water is really a safety issue as you get hardheads like me that refuse to shell out for a $5 bottle and it gets hot and active. the red sox let you bring in water because of that. on hot summer days i bring in one that's mostly ice from being in the fridge.

Man, it's so annoying how at uni, people seem to want you to cite a source for almost everything. Some of this stuff I just know from living in the area for bloody ages, people - I can't very well cite myself now, can I?

Varitek said:

well when you get to know them i really like them for studying. i also like eits for studying. let me know if you want low level owl vol 2, the torrent for that took a while so i'll upload. i like vol 1 slightly better but they go together.

and if i'm not aroudn when you listen to them, email me with your thoguhts or something

I looked up the band on the Sordo Music Archive and it looks like volume 2 is there, so I'll give that a try first. And yeah, I'll let you know what I think. I'm looking forward to playing it; I was actually going to listen today but clean forgot. :reject:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom