iPods - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 06-13-2004, 07:56 PM   #16
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
Local Time: 12:26 AM
i've only spent about $50 on accessories. i've bought a carrying case, and the itrip. i also bought headphones cuz i don't like the in-ear type.

"Because a senator - a politician - a person - who can let hang in mid-air the prospect that she might just be sticking around in part, just in case the other guy gets shot - has no business being, and no capacity to be, the President of the United States." -- Keith Olbermann
Old 06-13-2004, 09:03 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 01:26 AM
I have the belt clip, and I also have the Belkin battery pack. That way you have an additional back up of 15-20 hours of battery life (the battery pack attaches onto the iPod and feeds on AA batteries).

If you do not get the remote control, I wouldn't recommend it - it's worthless as it does not have a screen.

The in-ear earbuds are okay, but you can buy better ones from companies that are not Apple. Sony, Shure and Etymotic are the best. The Etymotic ones though can set you back over $200 apiece, so that's a lot of money on earbuds. I'd personally go with the Sony probably.

If you want accessories, get them on Ebay, much cheaper than Apple.

Old 06-13-2004, 09:19 PM   #18
The Fly
Local Time: 11:26 PM
Originally posted by anitram
If you do not get the remote control, I wouldn't recommend it - it's worthless as it does not have a screen.
I have to respectfully disagree with this statement. I use my iPod on the treadmill, getting ready for work, etc. which I put it in it's case and clip it on my waistband. I also set the songs to shuffle, so a song will come on that I'm not in the mood to listen to. Without the remote I would have to take it out of the case. With the remote, I just push a button and it goes to the next song.

I adore my iPod. I have the 20GB and am getting close to filling it up. I can't say enough about how much I love my iPod. I pull out my Sony Discman every once in a while, but it seems like a dinosaur in comparison.