iPods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
I never thought I would, but I am now in the process of researching iPods. The iPod Minis are especially cool looking. :drool:

index_headerfamily01122004.jpg

I found a really helpful site, http://www.ipodlounge.com , but I'm still a bit unsure of what I really need and what I'd be getting. I read one article that said if you have a large music collection (I have 500+ cds, growing stronger by the day) you'll need a bigger capacity of memory; i.e. the regular sized iPods. For convenience, however, I'd really prefer a Mini, even though it only holds 1,000 songs. One question I have is, when you put songs in there, are they there for good, or are you allowed to add/delete whenever the mood strikes? If so, then I'd get the Mini for sure, but if not maybe a bigger model would be my best bet.

OK, iPod users, let me hear it! Do you love your iPod, hate it, can't live without it?

Any help is, as always, muchly appreciated. :sexywink:

Pinball Wizard said:
Help you say?

GUITAR!

:sexyguitarwink:

That was a great comment

.....FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get a new act, Liberache.

Triumph said:
Get a new act, Liberache.
:happy: :applaud:

april, i recommend the regular sized ipods. the smallest regular one is like $50 more than the minis and has double the capacity. i've got a 2nd generation one so i don't know about these 3rd gen ones, but i know to add/delete anything you've got to hook it up to your computer. but updating doesn't take long at all. to give you an idea as to how much space you need, i'm a music fanatic, as you probably know. i've got my whole collection on there and i've almost filled up my 20 gig one. so i really think it's worth it to get the regular ones. as for what size you'd need, look at your music collection and see how much space it takes up on your hard drive.

you'll really love it. if you've got an auxilary plug on your car speaker, you just have to buy a little $5 plug at radio shack and you can directly hook it up to play like that. if not, just buy an itrip and you can tune into your ipod through your radio. the sound's pretty good, as good as you'd expect from a radio. i'd also recommend getting a case for it (or using the one they give you, although you'll hate having to take it out to press any buttons) because the silver back gets scratched VERY easily.

that is all.

I love my iPod. Couldn't imagine not having one. I have the 20 Gig model which holds a little over 5,000 songs. It is so easy to use. I use it at home through my stereo. In my car with a FM transmitter. In my office with the iPod portable speakers. I use it when I run and workout.

To answer your question, yes you can delete songs as you wish.

If you are going to buy an mp3 player buy the iPod. It is the best!

I agree that it makes the most sense to buy a regular ipod (even though I lust after the mini's) I bought my 20GB Ipod in Feb and have an emotional attachment to the ipod that rivals some of my relationships with humans (sad, but true)
Here's the thing - bad music sounds great on the ipod - great music (say hmm.. U2) is rock-your-world-great music - The ipod and itunes music store - a must for downloading even for PC users like me have broadened my musical horizones and I am now listening to music that I would have never even thought of listening to say six months ago. Hence my musical library has increased to well over the 1000 songs that the ipod mini would hold
I would go to the apple store to buy your ipod and I would invest in an Ipod case and a set of the in-ear ear plugs that come separately. A great site that is ipod slanted but good for questions is ipodgarage.com
Another sad but true confessional - I have 13 different versions of WOWY and 20 different versions of one - again sad but true

I have the pink mini iPod and enjoy it - but only use it at the gym. It sounds like you are set though! It's definitely worth buying one if you have a large use for it in the car, etc! :)

No contest - go for the regular iPod. I have the 3rd generation.

The main difference between the iPod and the mini is that the iPod has a Toshiba hard drive, while the mini has a flash memory card. This is incomparable, really.

The iPod is a better deal for your money and frankly, it's not that much bigger. Storage is better, the interface is nicer, the buttons are better between the scrollbar and the screen than around the scrollbar like on the mini. Plus, the iPod's rounded edges are more sleek, while the mini's are sharp cutouts.

There is really no reason why I would ever consider getting the mini. Not good value for your money at all - just a good example of Apple's arrogance and greed, IMO.

The mini iPod is really only useful for people who are abusive with their iPods; the flash memory card can take a shit load more abuse than a hard drive.

But for most people, the regular iPod can't be beat.

Melon

Thanks, everyone! :D

Well, I would really only use it when I work out, fly, etc. I'm sure I'd get addicted to it but at the same time I'm sure I wouldn't, lol.

Again, thanks for your advice all! :) I think I'm going to go shop around a bit today. I probably won't buy one until next month, though.

The batteries are much better now with the 3rd generation, plus they also now offer a replacement through Apple for something like 99 bucks. I have a Belkin battery pack, which uses AA batteries for like 15 more hours of battery life on long trips when your 8 hours isn't enough.

I have the belt clip, and I also have the Belkin battery pack. That way you have an additional back up of 15-20 hours of battery life (the battery pack attaches onto the iPod and feeds on AA batteries).

If you do not get the remote control, I wouldn't recommend it - it's worthless as it does not have a screen.

The in-ear earbuds are okay, but you can buy better ones from companies that are not Apple. Sony, Shure and Etymotic are the best. The Etymotic ones though can set you back over $200 apiece, so that's a lot of money on earbuds. I'd personally go with the Sony probably.

If you want accessories, get them on Ebay, much cheaper than Apple.

anitram said:
If you do not get the remote control, I wouldn't recommend it - it's worthless as it does not have a screen.

I have to respectfully disagree with this statement. I use my iPod on the treadmill, getting ready for work, etc. which I put it in it's case and clip it on my waistband. I also set the songs to shuffle, so a song will come on that I'm not in the mood to listen to. Without the remote I would have to take it out of the case. With the remote, I just push a button and it goes to the next song.

I adore my iPod. I have the 20GB and am getting close to filling it up. I can't say enough about how much I love my iPod. I pull out my Sony Discman every once in a while, but it seems like a dinosaur in comparison.

Back
Top Bottom