Interference Random Music Talk Part XI: Buttmeat Rides Again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, freshman aren't really my style. :wink:

Not bad. I think I went home in October my first year. Now, I haven't been home since spring break in March, will be going back for a few days this week, and then for a little over a week in December/January. And, probably won't go back until spring break again after that...I dig Minneapolis a lot more than home, it's safe to say.

I'm psyched to go home too. Free food. And good food too. Which means I'll eat something other than pasta or pizza for a few days. Fuck yes.

With NSW gone, someone has to keep the dream alive. No list item shall precede cutting a hole in the box.

I go to school three hours from my home, so I'll never be gone for more than a few months at a time. How far are you?

My mother can't cook at all, so the food situation for me doesn't change all that much. I lack the appreciation of home-cooked meals that other people have. However, there's always sandwiches at Wawa here, something that they don't have at school. Fuck. Yes.

With NSW gone, someone has to keep the dream alive. No list item shall precede cutting a hole in the box.

I go to school three hours from my home, so I'll never be gone for more than a few months at a time. How far are you?

My mother can't cook at all, so the food situation for me doesn't change all that much. I lack the appreciation of home-cooked meals that other people have. However, there's always sandwiches at Wawa here, something that they don't have at school. Fuck. Yes.

About two and a half hours, so basically the same distance.

:lol: Yeah, neither can mine. Luckily, we're going to her parents' house, where there will be lefse (fuck to the yeah!) and turkey and stuffing and tons more, I'm sure. Plus, later on in the weekend, my dad is taking me up to his parents' house, and they make wine. So, hopefully, I can beg some of that off of them...and maybe some more Thanksgiving leftovers. I feel like a vulture, but fuck that, I'm a poor college student, the least they can do is feed me for a week with leftovers.

Wow, I'm entranced. You've done it again, Keyboard Cat.

"Let Me Be Myself" by the inexplicably still-active Three Doors Down is one of the worst songs I've ever heard. Fuck you, Geico.

Is there a cute girl in Real Estate? Because I already like it a lot, I'm just looking for something to put them over the top.

EDIT: Apparently not. Though the drummer's name is Etienne, it's a guy. Which is kind of gay.

It seems as though everyone in my Musicals class except for my professor and myself hates The 'JORK! :mad:

Unfortunately for them we're watching Dancer in the Dark the week after next. I hope it's pure torture for them.:angry:

John Waters' Hairspray tonight. Dancer after break. All That Jazz of course. And... what else have we watched?

Singin' in the Rain
42nd Street
Love Me Tonight
Top Hat :heart:
The Little Mermaid
Umbrellas of Cherbourgh
Can't Stop the Music
Once
Aventurera
A Hard Day's Night
Down Argentine Way

And something else I'm forgetting. And not necessarily in that order.

John Waters' Hairspray tonight. Dancer after break. All That Jazz of course. And... what else have we watched?

Singin' in the Rain
42nd Street
Love Me Tonight
Top Hat :heart:
The Little Mermaid
Umbrellas of Cherbourgh
Can't Stop the Music
Once
Aventurera
A Hard Day's Night
Down Argentine Way

And something else I'm forgetting. And not necessarily in that order.

I've yet to see Top Hat, but I'm not a huge fan of Astaire. Great dancer, but don't care for his screen presence otherwise.

Also heard GREAT things about Love Me Tonight recently, and it's part of a boxed set called Glamour Girls I'm looking to buy has some random films thrown together that all look very good (including the Jack Cardiff-photographed Pandora & the Flying Dutchman with JAMES MASON, and Sternberg/Dietrich classic The Blue Angel).

I need to get around to seeing 42nd Street as well, really Berkeley in general.

Umbrellas of Cherbourgh is a special film, and nothing really needs to be said about the majesty of Singin' in the Rain.

Love Me Tonight is the one screening I missed this semester, so I can't comment. Well that and the one I'm forgetting to list probably.

42nd Street is a blast. Aside from Ruby Keeler of course. Such an unbearable actress.

I don't know if this should still be called Mercock, so I've changed the title:

MERCY RULE

you stepped on the line
and it cost us a game
what's the use of badminton
if it causes you pain?

I know I'm powerjuice honey
and you're talcum
if you're the armchair ref
I always know the outcome

we're opposite seeds
a one and a sixteen
you wanted activist judges
and you got Donaghy

you're topspin
surging with assault
your service
swerving towards a fault

the court is aching
the court is my home
the sun is baking
I know I'll never sweat alone

when I was flipping the racquet
and we were two points ahead
you were FUCKING DIS-TRACTED
ahd hit into the net

Cock is when I play
Cock puts the bird back in my way
Cock will come again
We will win...again

if you've a hottub
baby let me fill it
if you need a backrub
those Hentai hoes will kill it
and championships are for
those who don't really will it
you serve it...too hard
you always serve it...too hard

and hit into the net

cock is when I play
cock puts the bird back in my way
cock will come again
We will win...again

Cock's got to be in the chalk
only then cock gets a chance to talk
cock will come again
we will win again...again
I...I can't replay myself
I see you fault
Hitting nothing
You hit nothing
Hit...
You fault so much
Hit...nothing

cock has come again
we will win again
cock is the end of tournament
the enemy of complacent
cock will come again
we will win again
cock is thrusting
not delicacy
cock brings with it a fallacy
cock will come again
to line drive again
line drive
it will line drive, baby line drive again and again
and again and again and again...

Nothing? I manage to squeeze in Lance's fetish, Christian Bale, and everyone's favorite ref (again) and no comments?

The important question is, are those the final lyrics, or will the band be changing them for Serves of Ascent?

and hit into the net

Way to work in Bale. Nice. And it eschews the obvious rhyme of racquet with "tournament bracket," which I like. Boner has had too many arm/babyarm moments, so it's a refreshing change of pace.

Yeah, it was originally "racquet" and "attack it" and I was thinking, how many fucking times have we used that?

I'm still waiting for Lance to acknowledge my shout-out. I couldn't stop laughing after the humor gods threw me that golden bone.

Nothing? I manage to squeeze in Lance's fetish, Christian Bale, and everyone's favorite ref (again) and no comments?

The important question is, are those the final lyrics, or will the band be changing them for Serves of Ascent?

The Donaghy references kill me because there's nothing really particularly funny about Donaghy, but he keeps showing up anyway. I started this trend, for better or worse.

And the Bale part was priceless.

Alright, gang, here's the rub: I got a new phone today. First new phone in 2.5 years. I can load music onto this phone and have a ringtone. I have never had a ringtone before this.

What do I choose? I want it to be something good, but not something that could potentially be ruined for me by being my ringtone. Thoughts?

My buddy's ringtone alternates between "Party in the USA" and "Don't Trust Me." I'm already not the douchebag in my group.

I'm only doing this because the phone has a really weak vibrate setting and I can't tell when I'm being called.

That has nothing to do with no selecting a ringing sound.

If you use a pop song as a ringtone you're a douchebag.

/discussion

As iPhone owners, Lance and I are afforded opportunities to have whatever songs we choose as ringtones actually sound pretty good on the phone's speakers. Not tinny or anything. And we still use generic telephone sounds.

That's how it's done.

You must do the right thing and have the Keyboard Cat song as your ringtone.

The Donaghy references kill me because there's nothing really particularly funny about Donaghy, but he keeps showing up anyway. I started this trend, for better or worse.

I think what's funny is the idea of a badminton judge fixing games and gambling on them. Personally I love this reference from So Cocky:

"You don't want a Donaghy scandal
Can't go left but her strong hand will
Eyes on birdie, fingers on the handle"

What's weird is that I wrote this song, but I have no recollection of coming up with this part of it. Did someone help me with this one?

Actually, this one is my favorite, from Tryin' to Throw Your Cocks Around the Court, and yes I know I've called this one back before:

"I dreamed that I saw Donaghy
Foul a questionable volley
He was tryin' to throw his cock around the sport
He was open to bribery
Now it's highway robbery
He was tryin' to throw his cock around the court"

Oh yeah, I totally buried the lead:

I went to my local music club tonight because they have a free residency night on Mondays. I'm a fan of this month's headliners, and another great local act was opening. But you know who was the first band? Fucking REAL ESTATE. I just found out tonight that they were in the lineup and rushed over so I could see their early set at 9pm.

These guys are young as fuck; I've never felt so old seeing a cool new band. But they really delivered the goods. It's strange that THE FORK! didn't draw any Pavement comparisons, because at times this band really reminds me of the mellower Brighten the Corners/Terror Twilight (and I guess some of Wowee Zowee) stuff.

Anyway, I'm pissed I didn't have any cash because I would have liked to pick up a physical copy of their album and give the money directly to them. Supposedly they're playing their own show tomorrow across from my house, so maybe I can sneak in just to buy it.

I'm not sure if I should admit this, but my ringtone has been No Net (alt. version) since March.

I hear about five worse ringtones every day. Sadly, I'm not a NLOTH2 fan either.

Mine will likely be Two Weeks for a while longer yet. If Peef is spreading around THE NASH! (still sounds like something Lance's mom picked up at band camp at age 13 to me), I'm doing the same with THE GRIZ! (one of her more recent additions).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom