Interference Random Music Talk Part IV: Avoiding KNIFE CRIME for One More Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I randomly decided to listen to The Downward Spiral today... It's not as good as I remember, still interesting but nearly as earth shattering as my 17-year old self used to think, go figure.

It's listenable enough, but Trent Reznor is one of the worst lyricists of all time, so I can't stand much else by NIN.

lol, he's not a terrible lyricist but his voice isn't the greatest... I just find from Spiral onward he’s basically written the same thing over and over again…

I'm listening to Dirt now by Alice In Chains - another one of my favourites when I was younger - it's aged better than Spiral but it still doesn't sound as awesome as when I was in high school...

getting older kind of sucks sometimes...

The Downward Spiral is the shit. :up:

Mr. Self Destruct is a fucking killer track. And there's a handful of other great ones on there, too. The singles...March of the Pigs, Closer, and Hurt (Hurt was a single, right? I know the other two were) are especially great off the top of my head.

The Downward Spiral is the shit. :up:

Mr. Self Destruct is a fucking killer track. And there's a handful of other great ones on there, too. The singles...March of the Pigs, Closer, and Hurt (Hurt was a single, right? I know the other two were) are especially great off the top of my head.

Musically I still think it's an amazing album, I love the recurring notes he uses in several songs.

The Becoming is still as good a song as I remember, in fact, I found myself enjoying the second half more now whereas I used to like the first half more...

The 90s album that aged better than any other:

b000002jbg01lzzzzzzz.jpg

Did anyone ever buy the Murmur reissue?

I finally have seen it in a few stores over the last couple months, but it's friggin' $30. I only want the second disc as I'm wary of a remaster, so I keep passing on it.

Yep, I think it's worth it for the live disc, but if you can only find it for $30, that's pretty ridiculous. I also think they did a pretty good job with the remaster, still not as clear as the original vinyl mastering, but it's far less muddy than the original CD version.

The only Alice In Chains songs I like are Would? (which I just love) and Man In the Box.

Dead junkie or no, Staley could sure wail.

If it makes you feel any better, I never really thought you had much to begin with.

Will this help her get over that anxiety thing? And will they freaking tour now please??

It looks like they won't be touring in '09 at all, at the very least. I read an interview the other day and Jack was talking about touring with The Dead Weather through most of the rest of this year.

I have a feeling that the Stripes' big comeback will be in 2010.

A few guys I know are going to see a small little festival thing down in Philly in a few weeks. The headliner? The Roots. So, yeah, I'm bummed I'm not going but it's not a huge deal or anything. Then I find out ... one of the support acts? TV on the Radio. Fuck those lucky bastards.

The OC was pretty chill, though I was really only in Anaheim. I also got to experience LA for a day, which included a few hours on the boardwalk at Venice Beach. That was the first time in my life I experienced culture shock.

If I may take off my pants and pull my analrapist stocking over my head, I think residents of SoCal may be suffering from what we in the soft-sciences call "Obsessive Compulsive Disorder", or the "The O.C. Disorder."

That's such a great song, I always hated that they had to use it for that show. Same with Remy Zero's 'Save Me'. For some reason Massive Attack's 'Teardrop' on House doesn't bother me as much though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom