Interference Random Movie Talk Episode VI: Return of Lance's Mom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Still looks like a hell of a lot of fun.

Personally, it looks like everything questionable about QT's last couple films minus the fun parts. Then again, I'm not trying to judge the film before I see it, but all the clips and reviews aren't helping.

Personally, it looks like everything questionable about QT's last couple films minus the fun parts. Then again, I'm not trying to judge the film before I see it, but all the clips and reviews aren't helping.

I'm still a bit mixed on this as well. The glowing reviews seemed like they'd be more in line with what I'd get out of it, since I'd consider myself a fairly big Tarantino fan, but I still want to keep low expectations.

YouTube - The Pacific trailer [HQ]

Hey look, I think Spielberg finally watched The Thin Red Line.

Or The Big Red One.

Or The Big Red One.

Not really seeing it. Maybe in that the series is focusing on a small group of soldiers (I think 3 marines specifically), and it's obviously not going to be as existential and abstract as Malick. But between the Zimmer music and camerawork just in this teaser, it's got a serious boner for TTRL; some of those shots could have been cut right from Malick's dailies. I'm curious to see if the comparison holds as much water once the series airs.

I've only seen Band of Brothers in short snippets and I think only one full episode. That was definitely Saving Private Ryan in episodic form. It's just now that it's interesting how much this project evokes Malick's film.

This is off-topic, but I went to FYE today, and they have these free magazines when you walk on with 40% coupons on any used movie in there. I ended up picking up Oldboy for 10 bucks. It'd be perfect for any Criterion, that's for sure. Thought I'd give you guys the heads up.

I haven't seen any of Band of Brothers, is it worth checking out?

Like I said, I've only seen a little bit of BoB, but everyone I know absolutely swears by it like it was the second coming. So yeah, I'd wager it's probably at least worth checking out. I might watch it myself before this new series airs (which, as you could probably tell, I think looks a lot more spectacular).

Like I said, I've only seen a little bit of BoB, but everyone I know absolutely swears by it like it was the second coming. So yeah, I'd wager it's probably at least worth checking out. I might watch it myself before this new series airs (which, as you could probably tell, I think looks a lot more spectacular).

Indeed.

Then again, I've heard people say Taken is the best action movie EVAR while The Hangover was the FUNNIEST, so I take what most people say with a grain of salt.

I lent a buddy of mine my USB drive so he could watch The Room. I'm still reeling from how epically terrible it was. Have you seen it, Lance?

No. I've tried to make a reputation on avoiding obviously shitty things. Not that a few don't slip by my sensors on occasion.

And like I said before, I have no problem with people falling back on hyperbole with regard to Taken. I mean, it's certainly not the best action movie EVAR, but it's easily one of the most bad-ass.

Y'all best come up with a clever new thread name before the police come without warning to swiftly erase this from existence.

I enjoy the occasional piece of shit, as long as it's not conscious of it. There's some entertainment to be found there. I think it takes as much work to make one of the "worst" movies of all-time as it does to make one of the "best," it just works in reverse.

Taken was a hell of a lot of fun and pretty solid to boot, but not anything I'd put near the top of any sort of list. It's probably my second favorite Besson-related film behind Leon though.

I've got the next title.

Back
Top Bottom