Game of Thrones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you not pay attention to anything they were talking about before leaving?

that they were supposed to open the front gates and let her army in?

the way they handled it reminded me of the Fist of the First Men, which was a battle between the zombies and Night's Watch that I didn't even realize happened until reading recaps at the start of this season.

More bummed about losing the Battle at the First than the one in Yunkai. There's pnly so much coin to blow on epic shit though, and the E10 preview made it look like we'll see some of the hysteria in the camps outside the RW.

But yeah, it was colossally lame to see Jorah, Daario, and Grey "Young Barack Obama" Worm surrounded by all those guards only to have them show up back at camp blood-spattered and victorious.

and Dany's trio taking the city

You better believe it, mija.

Danny-Trejo-in-Machete-2010-Movie-Image.jpg

Oh, wait...

about that,

did the trio take the city all by themselves? a bit of a stretch, even in a fantasy world.

They did talk about opening the gates.

But the series only showed the three of them going alone, and only the Worm guy and Jonah followed Dario inside the city.

Jonah was a prophet
Ooh ooh
But he never really got it
Sad but true
If you watch it you can spot it
A doodly doo!
He did not get the point

It was good. I'd never heard him talk before. He came off a lot warmer, goofier, and funnier than I imagined. He's a great man.

Just watched Episode 9. I've read the spoilers beforehand but even knowing what was going to happen the wedding massacre was shocking to watch :| And even though Cat didn't do much for the last two seasons and Robb was never really interesting I was gutted to see them go like this. I know that there are still Starks left and all but as a political force they're well and truly out of the game at this point. Sure it will still be entertaining and all, but I can't say I'm really invested in any other house winning.

The finale was a little lackluster but it had its good points and downright horrible points. I was already feeling sad when the first scene started outside Frey's castle. I then felt sick when Robb Stark's desecrated body was paraded around. Holy shit.... :depressed:

Joffrey is a pure psychopath and even Tywin is at loss on what to do with him, even though he hides it very well. Tywin may be a dick, but Joffrey makes seem like a good, decent guy.

I liked the scene with Varys and Shae. Both were right, and Varys is a character that deserves more attention. He balances what is good for the immediate players at Kings Landing and what is good for the realm very well.

Arya's wrath is unleashed. Get ready! And isn't great to know that Lord Frey is in deep shit with the gods?

Two final things: like I said earlier, Daenerys' triumphs are getting boring. Yeah, that final shot was cool, but it looks too obvious that she gets the Iron Throne. She needs a good obstacle, a thick wall to slam in. Which brings me to this point: supposedly winter is coming (3 seasons, halfway through book 3 and not a single snowflake? Hasn't a year passed in Westeros?) The White Walkers are on the move. I'd like to see how Dany deals with this since these aren't slave masters here, and can dragons survive winter?

Anyway, enough of that. Good season, had it's highs and lows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom