For Cat Lovers Only XVIII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. :wave: Haven't been in this thread in ages (started a very demanding new job earlier this year) and I hope you and your kittens are all well.

Quick question - I know that Gravol/Dramamine can make people very sleepy, but do anti-nausea shots do the same to cats? I had to take Toby to the vet's last night for vomiting and he got one. He was vomiting and not eating much before he went, but he was still fairly active, maybe a bit less than usual, but nothing alarming. Since we got home though, he seems much sleepier and less active. Thanks in advance. Hope you're all having a very merry Christmas.

Not too sure. I would think any medicine could make a cat sleepy. How is he doing today?

He's better now, thanks. But we almost took him back on the 26th - the next step would have been to leave him there for a barium xray. He vomited again late on the 25th after the needle had worn off. On the 26th, we decided to syringe feed him small amounts every hour or so and see how he did with that. By late that evening, he was going over to the dishes of dry food, wanting to eat, but we didn't let him have any till yesterday. Then just small amounts at first, and by last night he was back to eating normally. :)

hello handsome! :drool::drool::drool:

IMG_5640.jpg

Sheldon was a soccer player in a former life, I think. He darted in front of me while I was walking, so he accidentally got kicked. he immediately flopped down on the floor like he'd been killed and refused to get up until he realized I didn't care how hurt he thought he was.

My oh my, it's been a long time since I've updated in here! Well, we got a new kitty back in the beginning of December:
6665489575_a8d3a88ae5.jpg

6665489819_0d66a557d2.jpg

Here's a recent picture of her. She's definitely grown in the time we've had her. She was born July 22, 2011 so she's almost 6 months:
6665539187_288d623d20_z.jpg

We couldn't decide on her name until like two weeks ago. First it was Goldie (because of her eyes). Then it was Amelia. And now it's Violet. Sophie and her are still not getting along :sigh:. Sophie is seriously HUGE compared to Violet (and Soph is a normal-sized cat--Vi is just super tiny), as can be seen here, before imminent attack.
6665538733_b0b6e5cfbc.jpg

They have had a few moments without realizing/caring the other one was by them, like in the next picture.
6665539073_7010036742_z.jpg

A month or so ago we brought Sophie in to get a lump under her skin removed. We were so worried, and luckily it turned out to be just a fatty mass. Her stitches and everything healed up nicely :up:.

And now for the most recent cat-related news. Last Saturday my dad was using a pair of carpet scissors to trim some frayed carpet in our rooms. Well, Violet decided to stick her paw in between the blades, so her pad got completely cut. The vet stitched it up and it seemed to be alright; she was supposed to go in this upcoming Tuesday to get the stitches out. However, between her biting at them, her running around, and attacking the cat tree like a psycho, it seems to be back to mostly unconnected. So we have to bring her back in tomorrow to see if they will try to reattach it again, or if they will have to just remove a section of her pad :(. We feel so bad for her. Obviously it was an accident, but I hope she won't suffer from it for the rest of her life.

Finally, here's Sophie wearing a purple dog jacket :D
6665539317_d2ecf1329a_z.jpg

omg that's horrible.. I didnt even like reading that. :sad: I hope she can recover.

Starting a new thread.. feel free to repost your pics if you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom