For Cat Lovers Only X - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc. - Page 60 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2008, 02:01 PM   #886
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 01:51 AM
I agree as well and I agree with this

Quote:
Yet if they haven't already gotten used to outside life they perhaps don't know what they miss?
This is totally true, which is why I got my cats young and kept them inside from the start. They are perfectly happy and have no desire to go out. Cats will know no difference if they've never been outside. Plus I know they will live longer healthier lives this way. If the cat is already used to being outside, it is difficult to convert them to indoor only. Also why its so hard with feral cats. I would love to bring my 2 inside but there is no way, not only because of Zoey & Saki but I think they would go absolutely bonkers if they were confined to inside. When Patches had to have her abscesses treated I had to keep her in my bathroom for almost a week. That was

Old 04-30-2008, 03:58 PM   #887
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy
Males can be fixed early. Saki was fixed at 12 weeks.
Personally I think 8 weeks is too early.
8 weeks to fix? Wow. Mia was fixed at five months.

Old 04-30-2008, 04:05 PM   #888
Blue Crack Addict

I think it is very early too, but that is what the shelters, rescues, and C-SNIP are doing around here. I guess it's either do it early, or risk it not being done at all. Poshie was done at 8 weeks. She was soooo tiny when I got her and she had a shaved belly and a scab over her incision. I was so gentle with her b/c I thought she would pop open. She weighed so little she was not even eligible for the rabies shot yet (they have to be 2 lbs, lol). The place where I got Beckham and Marijke I think is holding cats a little longer now, so they are done more like 12 weeks or later depending on the age of the kitten when they come in.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:37 PM   #889
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 10:51 AM
You're absolutely right Liesje, and reading what you're saying I can understand why you keep them inside. If things were the same here I would probably keep them inside aswell!
We lost a kitten early cause she got ran over by a car, but yea, stuff like that happens... at least I"m glad that there are no huge dangers to cats here, other than cars.. the only thing that keeps bothering my kitty used to be ear mite.. but she's been clean for the past year or so, after almost 8 years of suffering!
she's saying hi btw... eyeing the blue screen for a bit and then snoring again..
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 04-30-2008, 08:44 PM   #890
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Neither Bela or Lovey were completely feral when I got them, but Bela was closer than Lovey because she lived outside longer I believe.
Lovey didn't seem to want to stay out that much at first, but since she's been spayed or maybe it's the kittens, she really wants to stay out more.
Well duh, it was colder and rainer then also.
She always comes back but I do worry about her being stolen or run over in the apartment complex.
As it get warmer, my biggest worry will be fleas and mites and such. I'll probably keep her closer as summer gets closer.
I'm planning on having the kittens spayed and nuetered before I send them to their new homes. Even though the girls parents have said they will get them spayed.. I'm not taking any chances.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:40 PM   #891
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Galeongirl
You're absolutely right Liesje, and reading what you're saying I can understand why you keep them inside. If things were the same here I would probably keep them inside aswell!
We lost a kitten early cause she got ran over by a car, but yea, stuff like that happens...
Yeah, it's just too dangerous here. Also, I think of my cats and dogs, and even children I suppose, in the same way. They are all vulnerable and depend on me for their health and safety. I'd never let my dogs or my children roam around unsupervised, so why would I allow my cats? I don't think cats and dogs are quite on the same level as children (though they might be to some people), but to me the same principle of responsibility applies. If I bring them into my life, then I am ultimately responsible for them and I will do everything I can to keep them safe and healthy. Too many people around here think cats are dispensable. Across the street this woman has several cats. She's always talking about how much she loves them, yet they spend all their time on my side of the road and they often look very mangy. They are up to no good, and we live less than a block off one of the busiest streets in the state. Not to mention the city has a leash law. When I find animals that are allowed to roam, I bring them in to the shelter. Often I have thought that if the owner's are not paying attention to where their beloved pets are, then they don't deserve them anyway. I took in a little dog this winter and he was literally covered in chunks of ice, he was so cold. I didn't spend a lot of time looking for his owner, b/c he deserved a better home.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:42 PM   #892
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:51 AM
I'd like to know where Mrs. Garrison went to...
Old 04-30-2008, 10:55 PM   #893
Blue Crack Addict

I'd like her to come back with pictures of her kittens!!

On the dog forum I go to, we tell new members they have to pay dues in pictures of their pets.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:34 PM   #894
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Which celebrity would your cat be?

http://www.catster.com/quizzes/celebrity_pet_quiz/

Quote:
Wow, your cat is Amy Winehouse!

Amy Winehouse
Out of Control Talent

Talent, talent, talent, baby! Overflowing with talent, almost to the point of just not knowing where to put it all, Worf is Amy Winehouse!

Mmm-hmm, you go, girlfriend! With a voice that stops hearts and moves souls, Worf's soothing sounds and funky furstyles are taking the animal world by storm. Perhaps a little overwhelmed by all of the attention, Worf can occasionally get herself into a little trouble, but it's nothing she can't dig her way out of with help from her loving friends and family. Her flamboyant lifestyle receives a ton of attention from the media, but her shooting star talent keeps Worf in the flow and on the go!
Old 05-01-2008, 02:34 PM   #895
Blue Crack Distributor

Maurice is

Old 05-01-2008, 05:01 PM   #896
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Fanatic4ever
I'd like to know where Mrs. Garrison went to...
Here i am. I want to thank everyone for their advice. I will be getting the kitties fixed, you all have certainly convinced me of that. I dont know about 8 weeks Sicy, cause that would be like now, but soon i suppose.

I will try to get pics of them and figure out how to post them here, im kind of about stuff like that but will try soon. I can at least describe them for now, Boomer is a little orange and white kitty and he is very full of it. He has so much energy its amazing. Oreo is a black and white cat and he seems to be a bit more reserved than Boomer. Both of them had blue eyes but they seem to be changing color now, sort of grayish almost green depending on the light.

Anyway thanks again for the good advice.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:32 PM   #897
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
My sister's cat was Will Ferrell too
Old 05-01-2008, 07:38 PM   #898
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:51 AM

Wow, your cat is Will Ferrell!

Will Ferrell
The Comedian

Keeping a straight face around Otto is a cheek muscle-wrenching nightmare. Try as you may, but giggling is inevitable because Otto is comedian Will Ferrell!

For a while Otto was just funny on Saturday nights, but that's all changed now that he's taken his act on the road. Whether he's being silly in real life or on the silver screen, Otto has a true knack for making people crack up. Otto has even managed to make the crossover to the cyberwebs, where he delivers raw, fresh, uncooked humor to his countless cyberpet fans. A fast runner, Otto runs marathons when he's not dreaming up his next slapstick routine. Widely talented and able to impetsonate any number of two and four-legged critters, Otto's fans will be lapping it up for a long time to come
Old 05-01-2008, 08:27 PM   #899
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Bela is Jennifer Lopez. Huh, ok whatever.

Jennifer Lopez
Dressed to Kill

Una bomba inteligente autentica, Bela is super-fly girl Jennifer Lopez!

Curvaceous and sassy and always more than willing to pawticipate with a few moves on the dance floor, Bela moves and grooves with the best of them. But that doesn't mean it's all fun and salsa for Bela—discipline and structure are key ingredients that have helped to put Bela on a fur-lined fast track. Family is of utmost importance for Bela , and she takes care of her brothers and sisters with the same dedication that she gives her little 'uns. To see and to be seen are significant parts of Bela's daily activities, and the real-life Cleopetra makes her rounds with confidence and flair, always preferring to hang with the more bold and beautiful members of the pack.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:36 PM   #900
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Mrs. Garrison

Here i am. I want to thank everyone for their advice. I will be getting the kitties fixed, you all have certainly convinced me of that. I dont know about 8 weeks Sicy, cause that would be like now, but soon i suppose.

I will try to get pics of them and figure out how to post them here, im kind of about stuff like that but will try soon. I can at least describe them for now, Boomer is a little orange and white kitty and he is very full of it. He has so much energy its amazing. Oreo is a black and white cat and he seems to be a bit more reserved than Boomer. Both of them had blue eyes but they seem to be changing color now, sort of grayish almost green depending on the light.

Anyway thanks again for the good advice.
Glad to hear you're getting them fixed