For Cat Lovers Only X - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh gluey!! that kitten is so cute. :love: Can't wait till my kittens are moving around. I don't have any orange tabbys but Bela has some orange in her.
Spectacular pic's Lies. all the kitties are just adorable.
Lovey had her spaying today. Brought her home tonight. She's fine and the vet sent antibotics to give her over the next 2 days. I did notice she is picking at her stitches. :|
Should I put a bandaid over the incision stitches? She goes back in 10 days to have them removed.
I was really amazed at how much they shaved her. Almost her entire under belly is shaved. I thought it was just going to be a size as large as a credit card or maybe a bit bigger. Oh well, either way she won't be having anymore heat cycles to drive her and me crazy. The hair will grow back. :yes:
Bela loved having the house to herself today. I really hope this will help them get along better. I don't like having to keep Bela and the kittens locked in the back bedroom. Even though they do have their own bathroom.:wink: and walk in closet. But Bela really feels safer back there and that's what matters.
Guess I'll see overtime if they can get along. Have a good evening everyone. :wink:

Galeongirl said:

:cute: Awww! You never said you were getting a kitty!

:shifty: It was all very fast and spontaneous.....he's such a sweetie :cute:. I keep thinking I'm going to have to oil him soon with all the purring he does!! Ali is slowly getting used to him, she doesn't spit and run in the opposite direction as much now - she's been used to being 'top cat' (she's only 1yr!). My 12yr old girl, Splat, doesn't give a rats arse about him. She just rolls her eyes and walks past him....she's so used to the comings and goings here she never feels threatened!

sue4u2 said:

Lovey had her spaying today. Brought her home tonight. She's fine and the vet sent antibotics to give her over the next 2 days. I did notice she is picking at her stitches. :|
Should I put a bandaid over the incision stitches? She goes back in 10 days to have them removed.

I'm glad Lovey's surgery went well. Usually they will give you a cone to put around their neck so they dont mess with their stitches. Definately dont want her pulling them out. And I wouldnt put a bandaid on it. You can get those cone things at Petco too I believe. Dont know if she'll wear it though lol.

Ali pulled her stitches out when I had her neutered....I took her back to the vet and they stapled her closed instead. They said that cat's can't chew through staples and they hurt if they pull them. Worked a treat....otherwise it would have been the cone...

Orange baby kitty as a name....Toby :love:

Last edited:
Sicy said:

I'm glad Lovey's surgery went well. Usually they will give you a cone to put around their neck so they dont mess with their stitches. Definately dont want her pulling them out. And I wouldnt put a bandaid on it. You can get those cone things at Petco too I believe. Dont know if she'll wear it though lol.

When Miss Purrl had her surgery years ago, they put super glue along the stitches/incision so she couldn't pull them out.

I wish I knew how to use a flash and not have their eyes look like this but they looked so cute last nite :cute:

kids3-08.jpg

sakinappingtree.jpg

:love: They are so elegant.
That's quite a setup you have for them, well done :yes:
I could see me doing something like that in the back bedroom.
I bet my brother could build me something similar. They are going to have to start getting along. Otherwise Bela and the kitties will get all the indoor perks. Lovey does like it outside more.. but then again Bela ran away for a couple of weeks. Who knows. :wink:

I think I finally found a way to give Worf her pills with a minimum of stress.

After trying hiding it in cream cheese and her wet food (with little success), I did some searching on the internet and found out about these:

http://www.pillpockets.net/index_fs.htm

So far, so good. She gobbled the treat right up and swallowed - didn't even know the pill was in there. If this didn't work, it was onto the the cream indra talked about.

kellyahern said:

After trying hiding it in cream cheese and her wet food (with little success), I did some searching on the internet and found out about these:

So far, so good. She gobbled the treat right up and swallowed - didn't even know the pill was in there. If this didn't work, it was onto the the cream indra talked about.

I might check those out myself! I have been using a particular dog treat several of my cats love to hide some of the pills in and these look similar, but easier. (yeah, it's weird that my cats love dog treats but my vet said it was fine to give them pills that way) Considering I am currently trying to give three different cats six medications (with possibly more medications on the horizon), easy is good. Very good. :yes:

Mine are too smart for pill pockets :scream:

But I'm glad its working for you :up:

My boss went to look at those kittens I posted. I think he's getting the all black shorthair. So the tux is still available. Phil says "no"....

Liesje said:
My boss went to look at those kittens I posted. I think he's getting the all black shorthair. So the tux is still available. Phil says "no"....

The tuxie is very cute indeed. I was drawn to the solid black shorthair myself though -- he reminds me of a cat I used to have named Slinky. :)

kellyahern said:

That's great Kelly...:up:
This is going in my "thing's I'll need to have" cat folder. :wink:

dazzledbylight said:
nice double portrait sicy :D

do you have a red-eye reducer on your camera (IF digital?)

it might work for cats

I find it fascinating that they have a different glow/reflection in their eyes than humans do!

Yeah it never works on cats :angry:

I just try to take pics of them in the day time with no flash. Those come out best :up:

Sometimes I have better luck with the backlit flash. I'm not really sure what the setting is actually called. It's when it flashes but also takes in the ambient light. Typically the pic comes out a bit more yellowy and the light from the flash is not as bright. I think it exposes at the tail end of the flash. You gotta hold still, but I've had much better luck with this not getting demon eyes.

What's the best way to handle a situation where one of your cats needs to lose weight, the other needs to gain weight, and the overweight one steals the underweight one's food if you serve her less? Should we be offering them multiple small meals a day (since neither of them eats more than a few bites at a time) and personally supervising each meal then removing the bowls as soon as they walk away, or what?

Yeah you could do supervised feedings, or feed them in different rooms.

With Zoey & Saki, they are each on a special diet :crack: So I feed Saki on a high shelf in the bathroom because he is a lot more agile than Zoey.
She couldnt climb up there to save her life :lol:

Just a friendly reminder that Easter Lillys are deadly to cats so please dont bring any home this weekend! :)

yolland said:
What's the best way to handle a situation where one of your cats needs to lose weight, the other needs to gain weight, and the overweight one steals the underweight one's food if you serve her less? Should we be offering them multiple small meals a day (since neither of them eats more than a few bites at a time) and personally supervising each meal then removing the bowls as soon as they walk away, or what?

That's really hard to deal with. You may just have to feed the cat that doesn't need to loose weight in a closed room and keep the door closed - and let her in and out.
Then the other one that eats more but shouldn't, will have to eat what you give her/him. That may be a hassle but I can't think of any other way?? The piggy :wink: one will always finish off what the other cat has left. That is what Bela does when I let her out of the room. If lovey hasn't eaten everything in her bowl, Bela polishes it off. She eats eveything.
But she is nursing and all. :yes:

TranceEnding said:
Here's my Kitty Lou, enjoying some of her favourite music :D

P3220922.jpg

Kitty Lou has good taste! :yes:

Is she doing the stoner cat thing and forgetting herself? :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom