For Cat Lovers Only X - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kellyahern said:

Thanks :hug: I talked to the vet and I'm going to pick up the prescription tomorrow. I've never given Worf pills before (my Dad did when she was a kitten, but that was a long time ago), this should be interesting :reject:

You might want to try this method -- it worked well with Max for nearly a year.

The pills I had for Max were fairly hard and didn't dissolve quickly, so what I did was get a pill splitter (they only cost s few dollars at most drugstores) and cut the pill half or into fourths and put it into a small amount (only a couple of teaspoons) of wet cat food he really loved. I made sure he was hungry when I gave it to him and he would just gobble it down. Then I would give the rest of his food. Just watch to make sure your cat doesn't spit them out.

kellyahern said:

Thanks :hug: I talked to the vet and I'm going to pick up the prescription tomorrow. I've never given Worf pills before (my Dad did when she was a kitten, but that was a long time ago), this should be interesting :reject:

Good luck. :)

Kitten update that I can't really illustrate with pictures - they're nearly all walking now! It's SO adorable, like watching 6 tiny little drunks take a few steps, and then stumble and fall over! :lmao: They seem to be staying awake more, too, and they're play-fighting with each other!! Also, the ears of a few of them are starting to stick up.

Just when I thought they'd reached the cuteness threshold, they raise the bar. I've had trouble tearing myself away from them today. :cute: :love:

^
"6 tiny little drunks" :lmao: What a perfect description!

Awww...soooo cute -- I want some kittens! :cute:

BonoIsMyMuse said:
This seems like a good one considering all the kittens we've had around here lately!

funny-pictures-kitten-counts-age.jpg

By far the cutest lolcat pic! Second cutest is the "Purrito" kitty one :laugh: :cute:

U2Fanatic4ever said:

you mean this one?

funny-pictures-cat-shirt-sleeve-bur.jpg

I love this one too.. :lmao:

Yes!!! Oh my gosh that is soooo funny! So cute looking too. I hope the kitty is comfy being like that tho, I can't imagine it's too happy to be rolled up that way.

VintagePunk said:

Kitten update that I can't really illustrate with pictures - they're nearly all walking now! It's SO adorable, like watching 6 tiny little drunks take a few steps, and then stumble and fall over! :lmao: They seem to be staying awake more, too, and they're play-fighting with each other!! Also, the ears of a few of them are starting to stick up.

Just when I thought they'd reached the cuteness threshold, they raise the bar. I've had trouble tearing myself away from them today. :cute: :love:

I know VP, I've already started kitten proofing the room they are in. It's already hard watching them grow and knowing I will be giving them up. The ARF representative says she won't have any problem finding them home's. I truly feel like she tried to get Bela spayed but there are only a couple of vets that do it through ARF.
It appears she was pg when I got her. I think I'm going to keep them busy, because I'm going to try traping them and get the cats around here spayed or neutered . Seriously, there is another male around today and Lovey is acting like she is back in heat or never was out of it.
Nothing will keep me from getting her spayed on Tuesday.
Then I'm going to try to set up an appointment and trap this new male cat and get him neutered. I'm on a mission. :lol:
Taking what Sicy said to heart when she said she wished she could come and trap them all and get them spayed/neutered.
I'm going to try this. cause hey I hate to see abandoned amimals. :sad: :heart:

VintagePunk said:

Kitten update that I can't really illustrate with pictures - they're nearly all walking now! It's SO adorable, like watching 6 tiny little drunks take a few steps, and then stumble and fall over! :lmao: ............
...........Just when I thought they'd reached the cuteness threshold, they raise the bar. I've had trouble tearing myself away from them today. :cute: :love:

:lmao: :heart: :cute: :heart: :happy:

had to check something else on the net tonight, so i figured i'd drop in a get a longer look, too. omg they are so wonderful (saw all the individual portraits).

Last edited:
Sue, that's so awesome that you want to help the kitties! :heart: I was just talking to someone this evening about the situation around here. It's sad. :(

About an hour ago I went upstairs, and was on my way back down (I was in the middle of doing something) when I felt compelled suddenly to check the kittens before I went back down. I glanced into their box from the doorway and saw that a few of them were up and around, so I went in and sat on the floor next to the box. A few seconds after I sat down, the calico came out from under one of my dressers, and walked toward me - she had gotten out of the box!!!! :crazy: I picked her up for a few minutes, and then put her back in the box with her mom and the others, but she seemed really agitated in there, was meowing VERY loudly, and looking up as though she wanted out again. Then, I watched as she struggled and climbed out again. :crazy: Thank goodness my daughter is home for the weekend, so I was able to pick up the kitten and try to calm her down while my daughter took another box the same size, and taped the flaps of the lid up, adding about 6 inches in height to it. Once we got them in the new box, I put her back in, and it still took her several minutes to calm down.

They're being moved into the kitten-proofed room tomorrow. :crack:

^

The fun begins now that they are getting mobile. :lol: That little calico sounds like quite the precocious little girl. Of course she's upset when you put her back in the box (and then got a new one with higher sides) -- you're spoiling all her fun! Don't you know she's an adventurer? She wants to travel the world, damn it, and you are stopping her. :grumpy: :wink:

(we need a grumpy kitten smilie)

Now this is the life. :)

catssnowmarch08004.jpg

Oscar snoozing on a cooler bag. He wasn't supposed to be there, but he was so cute I didn't have the heart to make him move.

Awww, Oscar looks like my mama kitty! :) (I really need to get on that naming thing. :reject: )

I still can't believe she got out! The second time, I watched her just to see how she was doing it. She was stretched as tall as she possibly could be, got the very tips of her front paws on the top of the box, and struggled to pull herself up. Amazing. From what I read online, she shouldn't even be walking yet, that shouldn't happen till between the 3rd and 4th week!

I'm extremely grateful that they're healthy and developing so well. I know it's not uncommon for not all kittens of a big litter to not survive past the first day or two. I've also read that with litters of 5 or more, it's very common to have to supplement their feedings, and I've never had to do that, either, mama cat has done every bit of feeding, herself.

I'm so incredibly lucky that she found us. :)

:ohmy: Oscar looks like he could be my kitty's twin!!! :lmao: and I see they both love sleeping too!

:cute: VP, it's so cute they're walking everywhere already... :uhoh: but watch out when you're walking around them... they tend to run under your feet a lot!

I have kitty pics. :hyper: Not my own kitty but my boyfriends neighbours cat. He doesn't get much attention i don't think from his owner and is outside alot. So we sometimes let him in and give him a bit of a fuss and cuddle. Hes really sweet. We nicknamed him DP as we don't know his name.

I took these pics when we were giving him a fuss last night. Not the best pics. He kept coming up to me when i was trying to take pics, meowing for me to stroke him. :lol::cute:

P1000154.jpg

P1000159.jpg

kafrun said:
That face :giggle: Thankyou, Fergus ;) Yes, he's settling in wonderfully, I'm pleasantly surprised. He seems to be finished investigating the place, so after a bit of a snuggle on the lap and giving me a few kisses, he's catching some Zzzz's on the floor :cute:

Here's my handsome boy:
kittycloseup.jpg

Forgot to say your new kitty is adorable Kaf. :cute::love:

Today was so much fun. My granddaughters came over to see the kittens and Bela was so good with my girls.
She let them pet and love them and they just loved on her.
Bela ate up the attention and when they noticed Bela had a paw missing I thought Katie was going to cry. She spent so much time loving on Bela that Bela followed her around the room. :heart:
Even my son got in on the action. He felt like Bela was being left out and held her to make sure she was getting some love. :hug:
He then went out to spend time with Lovey, who still has to be kept away from Bela, but she was sticking her paw under the door trying to get in the room and be part of the action.
I took pics (with a cheap camera) and then we left for Madison's basketball game. (which they won)
We came to the conclusion that there are 2 boys and a girl. So Madison wants the solid white kitten - Jack (who I named) then Max (the solid gray) is the other boy that Madison named - and Katie named the only girl, the gray and white kitten, Rose.
I know someone mentioned it's eaiser to tell what sex they are whey they are young, but, I'm not a cat part's expert. :wink: Either way.. it's all good.. we all liked the names.

bonoishot said:
Sue thats so nice you want to help those cats get spayed. :hug:

All these pics are so great and had it not been for Bela I may have put off getting help for any cat.

Thank's bonoisshot.. and it's all for them. of I can get some of them spayed or neutered then they may be able to get into a home that they may not have not been able to otherwise. I've checked into a web site for break away collars for cats that maybe I can put a message on like spayed/nutered, even if they are feral.
Then maybe someone will see it and take them in.
There is a least 3 male cats around here that are impregnating the females.
I'm just going to do what I can do.:wink:

VintagePunk said:
Awww, Oscar looks like my mama kitty! :) (I really need to get on that naming thing. :reject: )

My most recent cat is named LBC (now shortened even more to LB because it's easier to call out) -- Little Black Cat -- because I just can't seem to come up with a "real" name that fits him. I have come up with a lot of nicknames that work though. Sometimes I call him DudeCat because I tell him he's a mighty handsome dude cat, other times I call him Thud Muffin because he's no longer a stud muffin (he got the snip right away when I took him in :) ) and also because he's a very solid cat who isn't at all light on his feet. The cat thuds when he jumps or runs! :lol: Maybe I should change his name to Chunky Black Cat. :)

Bonoishot -- DP reminds me so much of my brother's Annie cat! She finally decided she liked me last summer (I think the canned cat food I'd give her helped! :wink: ). It took close to two years, but I won her over!

bonoishot said:

He is so handsome. So nice of you to give him some love. He looks kind of skinny to me though :( Maybe thats just the angle of the camera. Maybe you can give him some food :hug:

We had the box from the vacuum cleaner we bought a couple of weeks ago sitting in our dining room with some crumpled newspaper in it because the cats liked it when hid treats in it and they got to hunt for them. I put some treats in the box on Saturday and suddenly noticed that the cats had been peeing in the box because they thought it was a litter tray. Some of the pee had soaked through to the floor. :scream: The smell was gone after a couple of applications of pet stain and odor remover, but we now have a dark brown rectangle on our light brown wooden floor. This is in addition to all the scratch marks on the floor at the bottom of the stairs where the cats turn when they're running and chasing each other up and down the stairs. :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom