For Cat Lovers Only VIII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lila64 said:
Pusspuss & Mr. Luigi = :cute:
Zooropa = :cute: :giggle:
Chloe & U2Dem :yippie: hairball and all!

I went to get my hair done yesterday, and kept hearing this high pitched meowing/mewing. I asked what it was, and they told me that one of the workers there found (I think) about 12 kittens in the new place she moved into, but there was no mommy around. They had brought one in. Another woman thought the kitty couldn't be more than about 3 weeks old. Grey with a white spot. She said Siamese, but the kittly looked nothing like a Siamese. I held him for about a minute. He was shaking/shivering. They were just passing him around, and then the lady who had brought him in seemed to cuddle & wrap him up in a blanket. He had just eaten a little something prior to my holding him. He was so :cute:

Kittens :heart:

I hope they all find homes!

Lies, pretty kitties!

Liesje said:
don't wanna open this door and let us out?
1507042391_9733490f54.jpg

I like how you caught it's ear flicking on the whiskers :cute:

:yikes: This weekend I was out for about 3 hours and i came home and my poor pusspuss was stuck! I didn't see her when I came home, then noticed that I saw her partially outside!!! She is not an outdoor cat, we live on the 5th floor with a VERY welcoming tree that hangs over my balcony. I had the screen door open a little bit... enough for her head to get through but not her body. She managed to rip the screen and got out, but couldn't get back in. When I found her, her backside was outside, her body was through the screen and her head was pressed in between the sliding glass door and the screen.

When I pulled her out she was quite happy to see me and clinged to me. Thank goodness she was safe!!

Question..... how do you get older cats from scratching? Pusspuss is 3 and she has started to claw my mattress and began clawing at my dresser drawers to try and open them. every single morning she gets up and begins clawing to try and open my drawers, then starts on my mattress. she runs when she hears the water bottle, but she constantly comes back for more.

Does she have something to scratch? Most cats prefer sisal and corrugated cardboard over carpeted posts. Keep the nails short and dull (or use Soft Paws). Praise and reward scratching of the appropriate surfaces.

Now, that's one scary cat! :wink:

I'm leaving Tuesday on a trip to Disney World and then to Sanibel Island, Florida, so I did the majority of my packing today, as I have to work tomorrow. As usual, Callie and Fergus thought it would be a great idea to help me, to the extent that both of them were in my suitcase at the same time. Of course, when I went to get my camera, they got out. So here are a couple of recent pictures of them, anyway. I'll miss my furkids, but MrPurrl will take good care of them.

Callie081907.jpg

Fergus090907.jpg

OMG, Sanibel Island :drool: (actually I'm partial to Estero Island, but...same diff!!). I'm jealous.

1165584682_bd60fe0f01.jpg

Anyway, cats....

U2Fanatic4ever said:

i take that challenge.. mind you it wasn't easy...

uglycat.jpg

"You have to sleep sometime, bitch. And when you do, I will get my revenge!"

:D

From the Awww.... files:

:cute:

Stephens City — A local golden retriever’s motherly instinct is going beyond her own species.

The dog named Honey hadn’t given birth in 18 months — but an orphaned kitten’s cries made her start producing milk.

"Two or three days later, she started lactating," said Honey’s owner, Jimmy Martin. "She’s like a mother to this kitten."

Martin’s wife, Kathy Martin, said her jaw dropped the first time she saw the kitten suckling from Honey.

"This is another species all together, not even a cat," said Kathy. "I’ve heard of animals having litters and taking two, but never lactating because something new came in."

A bold move brought the stray kitten into the Martins’ lives about six weeks ago.

"She ran in front of me in my concrete truck," said Jimmy, who drives for Crider & Shockey Inc.

When he saw the little gray-striped blur rush past, Jimmy jumped out of his concrete truck and followed her to a stray tire at the company’s Front Royal plant.

"A mama cat wasn’t in sight," he said. "She was all by herself."

Immediately, the 6-foot-2, 290-pound man said the tiny kitten stole his heart because she reminded him of a cat he used to have.

"She was so pretty. I held her and brought her home. I had to wrap her in a towel because she was still so little," he said.

The kitten slept all the way home on the towel — but Jimmy wasn’t sure how he was going to keep her alive after they arrived at his Stephens City residence.

"I had to find a bottle to feed her," said Jimmy. "But she wouldn’t drink from it."

Jimmy’s mother, Ruth Martin, who lives with the family, didn’t think the kitten was going to make it.

"They’re so hard to feed because they’re so tiny," she said.

Given the circumstances, Kathy tried not to get too attached and started asking people at work if they would consider adopting the kitten.

Meanwhile, Jimmy named her Precious — and their children started declaring that Precious was a part of the family.

"She’s such a cute little kitten," said Serenity Martin, 9.

Her little brother, 6-year-old Jacob Martin, agreed.

"She feels soft," he said.

Yet no one was more excited about Precious than Honey.

She would wag her tail and prance all over the house, trying to get a peek at her new playmate.

"We tried to keep Honey away [from Precious] at first because she was so excited," said Kathy.

They were afraid Honey would play too rough — but the dog’s enthusiasm eventually wore them down.

To everyone’s surprise, Honey toned down her typical exuberance for the little kitten.

"She started licking her and loving her. Within a couple of days, Honey started naturally lactating," said Kathy. "The kitten took right to her, and she started nursing her."

After that, Kathy couldn’t imagine giving Precious away.

"Honey decided we were going to keep the kitten," she said.

When the Martins told a veterinarian about Honey and Precious, they learned that such maternal acts happen on rare occasion.

Media reports from around the country have recorded stories of a cat nursing a pug puppy and a dog nursing a piglet.

And a tiger at a zoo in Thailand reportedly took on a litter of piglets — so maybe it’s not such a stretch for dogs and cats to get along after all.

Nowadays, Precious occasionally plays with dog bones, and Honey lets Precious gnaw on her like a puppy.

"She thinks she’s a dog," said Kathy. "She’s really fit right in."

Ultimately, both pets have earned their names.

"Precious really is precious," said Kathy. "And Honey has really proved to be a honey."

and links to a couple of pics:

pic 1

pic 2

Pic 2 with the dog nursing kitten article isn't up anymore. Sorry. :(

Ummmm.....I think Posh just went off the deep end. She jumped on top of a 7+ foot bookcase and is chasing her tail in circles up there...

Liesje said:
Ummmm.....I think Posh just went off the deep end. She jumped on top of a 7+ foot bookcase and is chasing her tail in circles up there...

:ohmy: :coocoo: :lol:

I moved in for a vid and Posh jumped down. Anytime I stand up all cats run into the basement *just in case* I decide to feed them :rolleyes:

Once Upon a Dog Bed. (just wait, it does have to do with cats...)

There once was a dog bed made of soft egg carton foam, generously donated from the human bed, and a blanket. The dog and bed happily coexisted for a long time.
1557289706_111e9bff93.jpg

Then, one day, two packages arrived in the mail. Dog saw mom spend a lot of time making the human bed look nice, putting on two new white things that looked like clouds and even new blankets.
1556412921_d4441db12f.jpg

Dog decided to give human bed a try. To dog's surprise, human bed far exceeded dog bed in every respect.

To the annoyance of cat one and cat two, dog decided to abandon dog bed and stay on human bed.
1562691388_62d88b36da.jpg

1562692736_b63a675dbe.jpg

Lucky for dog, cat two had the same feelings about human bed and decided to share with dog.
1561814623_9f2e5d4037.jpg

However, cat one and cat three decided to seek revenge, holding warthog hostage, mussing up dog's den, and turning it into cat nest!!
1561815997_83370b88c1.jpg

Then, everyone licked the sardine can.

The End.

Last edited:
Liesje said:
Once Upon a Dog Bed. (just wait, it does have to do with cats...)

There once was a dog bed made of soft egg carton foam, generously donated from the human bed, and a blanket. The dog and bed happily coexisted for a long time.
1557289706_111e9bff93.jpg

Then, one day, two packages arrived in the mail. Dog saw mom spend a lot of time making the human bed look nice, putting on two new white things that looked like clouds and even new blankets.
1556412921_d4441db12f.jpg

Dog decided to give human bed a try. To dog's surprise, human bed far exceeded dog bed in every respect.

To the annoyance of cat one and cat two, dog decided to abandon dog bed and stay on human bed.
1562691388_62d88b36da.jpg

1562692736_b63a675dbe.jpg

Lucky for dog, cat two had the same feelings about human bed and decided to share with dog.
1561814623_9f2e5d4037.jpg

However, cat one and cat three decided to seek revenge, holding warthog hostage, mussing up dog's den, and turning it into cat nest!!
1561815997_83370b88c1.jpg

Then, everyone licked the sardine can.

The End.

Lies! that has got to be the funniest post evah!! :lmao: :laugh: :giggle:

more more more!! :hyper:

Anyone have some tips on how to give your cat its medication?

We had to get some stomach/bowel tablets as well as anxiety tablets for him lastweek.
The stomach tablets are soft so they get mashed in his food, but the anxiety ones are like pebbles.

I've only done it once where I put the tablet in his moouth and stroke his neck until he swallows.
But now he spits it out before we're able to do anything.

Is there an alternative method?

That's the best method, pry open his mouth, have someone else drop it in as FAR back as possible, hold his mouth shut and stroke his chin so he swallows. I just had to give my dog a large pill an hour ago and that's how we did it. I pried her mouth open (and trust me, a German Shepherd's mouth is quite a bit scarier than a cat's!!), Phil tossed the pill in, and I held her until she swallowed it. It took three tries to drop the pill in far enough back but it worked. I've tried wrapping pills in treats before, but the cats just eat around it and spit out the pill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom