For Cat Lovers Only VIII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so, she crapped and peeed on the couch again but she's acting normal. Normally when she goes on the couch she runs and hides or acts different :shrug:

I don't know what's going on with her.

flybabe said:
My kitties hate picures:sad:

Will hates pictures too. :lol: He's always making a face. Roscoe is the camera whore in my house. :D This is so sad, I've been wanting a new camera for ages now and the decision was finally made to shop for another one when kitty pictures were coming out blurry. :reject:

I hope Chloe stops pooping and peeing on the couch. :( Last summer Will was doing something similar. He had a bladder infection and some sort of intestinal issue. (ie he ate something he shouldn't have. :angry: )

Last edited:
Here is a new pic I took of my girls...they are bff. :giggle:

S5000858.jpg

That is so sweet! :love: Fergus and Callie sometimes are both at the window, especially if there is a bird or critter of interest in the back yard--in this case, a groundhog.

FergusCallieHoggieAlert.jpg

So Posh is a mess again. Her acne is really bad. What should I use to soften it up? I can wipe it off, but then she gets irritated and bleeds because it's like ripping off tons of little scabs. I want to clean her up good b/c she's starting to lose hair again. I have these soft alcohol wipes, but they don't seem to be wet enough to really loosen it up.

Liesje said:
Sicy, I like your sig! Does that mean Patches is inside now? :hyper:

No she's not. I just had 2 perfect pics of her to make the sig lol.
If I didnt have any indoor cats she would be though!

About Posh, if her acne is 'really bad' it may need a trip to the vet. If untreated or not treated properly it can lead to major problems. For small amounts of acne I just clean it with a warm washcloth and a bit of antibacterial soap twice a day. This worked for Saki, but he only had a small amount.

Here's a link:

http://www.cat-world.com.au/FelineAcne.htm

elevated_u2_fan your cats are gorgeous :love: !

I fixed the pics, you were pasting the wrong link. You need to paste the link that says 'IMG Code - Forums & Bulletin Boards'.

Liesje said:
So Posh is a mess again. Her acne is really bad. What should I use to soften it up? I can wipe it off, but then she gets irritated and bleeds because it's like ripping off tons of little scabs. I want to clean her up good b/c she's starting to lose hair again. I have these soft alcohol wipes, but they don't seem to be wet enough to really loosen it up.

Are you washing out their dry food bowls every day? I've found that makes the biggest difference with most cats if it is not being done. I'm really lazy so I have actually gone to feeding the cats on a stack of paper plates, and every morning I just pull off the top one and dump any leftovers onto the plate underneath it.

For cleaning their chin, a combo that works well is doing a compress with a really warm washcloth for a minute or so, to help open up the pores a bit. We recommend cleaning their face with a gentle face cleanser like Phisoderm, most cats are pretty good about it if you wet down a soft bristled toothbrush, put a little pump of soap on it, then gently scrub their chin. You can take the warm washcloth and just wipe it off.

If this doesn't make a difference after ~2 weeks, it may mean that she has a skin infection and may need to be on antibiotics for a bit. Allergies can also be contributing if the cleaning and food dish changes don't clear it up.

I'll switch her plates more often. I actually took her bowl away and feed her on a plate or on the floor b/c I read that rubbing her chin on bowls can make it worse.

I'll try cleaning it that way and see if I can get it off. I think she'll let me clean it. In the past, she hasn't really struggled b/c she can't go anywhere when I've got her whole head in my hand! She gets this every once in a while, and if I can clean the black spots off good, then it seems to clear up quickly, but if I don't clean it myself, it just keeps going.

Are cat allergies like dog allergies? I know if a dog might have food allergies, you have to change the food to a different meat and carb, so if they were eating chicken and rice, you would try lamb and potato, etc. Should I try a different food that has different meat and carb then what they are currently on? I am thinking of trying a grain-free Wellness kibble, so I could try salmon for Poshie, since right now their meat source is chicken.

A year ago today, MrPurrl and I brought into our house a scrawny, malnourished, full-of-fleas (but very sweet) stray cat that we had been feeding in our back yard for a couple of weeks. Out of concern for our calico girl, Callie, we sequestered the stray in the back bedroom until we could take him to the vet on July 5. He was so good during his incarceration: he slept most of the time, almost as if he knew he was safe and didn't have to sleep "with one eye open"; ate voraciously; and used the litterbox like a pro. After much debate (Thor? D'Argo? Rigel?), we decided to name him Fergus, which we later learned is Celtic for "man of vigor." :)

The vet said that he was about a year old, but that he was "behind the eight-ball nutritionally", and that we should feed him kitten chow for a month to help build him up. Fergus tested negative for FIV/feline leukemia, and received his shots, as well as a treatment to get rid of the fleas. When the vet said that he had already been neutered, our hearts sank--were we stealing someone else's pet? The vet said if he was indeed someone else's cat, he wasn't being cared for; and that his opinion is that the person who takes responsibility for a pet's care is the rightful owner. He also mentioned that it was possible that the spay-and-neuter folks had neutered him and then let him go. So we brought Fergus home and kept him in the back room for another day to make sure all of the fleas were gone.

In the year that has passed, Fergus and Callie have been good for each other, despite occasional dust-ups. He has grown into a huge cat--very long legs, but all muscle and no fat. And he seems to feel very comfortable in his new home, so much so that's it's almost as if he feels he has passed the audition and can now relax, as these pictures show.

FergusChillin062407.jpg

FergusChillin062407-2.jpg

:lol:

I've seen my cats sit in some very funky positions, but none quite like that! He looks like he is attempting kitty sit-ups.

Posh update: I went to clean her chin after work, but it's already cleared up considerably. I cleaned it with a really wet, warm rag and a tiny dab of facial cleanser. Maybe she does have a mild allergy b/c she also has black boogies right now. I think her nose gets a little drippy and then the dust from the cat litter makes it black. My friends are always grossed out when I have to pick her nose. Her nose is pink and moist and her eyes are clear, no goopey discharge, but every once in a while her nose just seems a tad more runny.

Some cat pics from last month:

Marijke, unimpressed with my use of flash (oops)
IMG_0401.JPG

Here's Poshie's chin. This is the worst I've ever seen it. It's not half as bad now.
IMG_0408.JPG

Tootsies!
IMG_0409.JPG

IMG_0411.JPG

Luckily for me, Posh's favorite spot to nap has really nice natural light :D
IMG_0426.JPG

And today we had an artsy photo shoot. I figured after 2+ years of tinkering, it's time I learned how to use my camera.

IMG_0070.JPG

IMG_0076.JPG

IMG_0079.JPG

IMG_0082.JPG

IMG_0106.JPG

IMG_0104.JPG

IMG_0105.JPG

IMG_0096.JPG

IMG_0099.JPG

IMG_0098.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.