For Cat Lovers Only IX - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc. - Page 42 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-30-2007, 03:37 PM   #616
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:41 AM

I'm sorry for your loss, Indra. My boyfriend had to put one of his cats to sleep this past summer because of cancer, it was really sad.

This is Schwantz, another of my bf's cats:

He's pretty goofy.

Old 12-30-2007, 03:40 PM   #617
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:41 PM
aww his black nose!

Old 12-30-2007, 03:44 PM   #618
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:41 AM
Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!
Old 12-30-2007, 05:23 PM   #619
Blue Crack Supplier

"The Rainbow Bridge" always makes me cry, too--I am hoping that's the way it really is!

Quote:
Originally posted by madonna's child
I'm sorry for your loss, Indra. My boyfriend had to put one of his cats to sleep this past summer because of cancer, it was really sad.

This is Schwantz, another of my bf's cats:

He's pretty goofy.
Awwwww . . . he looks a lot like my sister's cat Tommy Jeter.

Here's a picture of Fergus, "helping" me wrap Christmas presents.

Old 12-31-2007, 03:23 PM   #620
Blue Crack Distributor

Indra, I'm so sorry.

Sicy, your cat looks an awful lot like my Phoebe! Wow.

Recently, Phoebe has started licking me a lot. If she's in a loving mood, she'll just lick my hand and keep licking until I finally pull it away. Or my chin, cheeks, whatever. It's so weird - I've never had a cat who liked to lick so much. With other cats, it's been one little lick to say "yeah, okay, I guess I love you, now go away."

Maybe she just likes my lotion?
Old 12-31-2007, 07:52 PM   #621
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Awww Schwantz is such a cute cat!! !! Fergus looks like he likes to help too

cori that's really cute about the licking. Most cats dont lick too much. I think its sweet.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:54 PM   #622
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Here's a few from last night/today.

Saki

Zoey

And Snowflake and Patches

Old 12-31-2007, 08:30 PM   #623
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:41 AM
overload!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-01-2008, 12:11 AM   #624
Blue Crack Supplier

Awwwwww, Sicy, your furkids are adorable! I really like the pictures of you and Saki--now, that is love!
Old 01-01-2008, 01:13 AM   #625
Blue Crack Addict

Old 01-01-2008, 06:46 PM   #626
Blue Crack Distributor

Okay people, I have a cat dilemma. First of all, I'm not a cat person, I'm a dog person (we lost our 12 yr old lab we'd had since she was 4 months a year and a half ago ) and I've been feeling a huge void, but I'm not sure that my lifestyle is conducive to taking on a puppy right now, so I've decided to give it six months or a year, and see how things are then before committing.

While I'm not a cat person, per se, there have been individual cats I've fallen in love with - I've had two cats so far, both for well over 10 years.

For the past week, there's been a cat outside my house meowing and crying all hours of the day and night. Mostly, it just annoyed me. Late last night I heard it very loudly and since I was hoping to get to sleep at some point, I opened my front door to shoo it away. It ran two steps, came to a complete halt, turned around and came to my door, and then started trying to stick its head and paws into my mail slot. My cold, black heart completely melted. We were petting it through the door, and it was purring like crazy, lapping up the attention.

Today, we've brought it into the house a few times. It's soooo affectionate! My other two cats were snotty and standoffish so this was quite a change. So far today we've snuggled it 80 million times, fed it, checked its gender (girl kitty ) and last time it was in, we unofficially named it.

We're sunk, aren't we? We now pretty much have ourselves a cat, right?

To what lengths do I need to go to find out if it belongs to someone before we make it official? IMO, anyone who would leave a cat out 24 hours a day for a week doesn't deserve a cat. Both my previous cats were strictly house cats, and that's the way I'd raise this one, if we kept it. But, it also could be lost, and if that's the case, I'd hate to be depriving a small child of its pet, you know?

What do I do?

Btw, I don't really ever browse this thread, but looking at the pictures, both of my previous cats had the same colouring as Sicy's Patches. And ironically, the second of those two cats came to us in pretty much the same way, as a little kitten hanging around our house in the winter that we decided to take in.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:54 PM   #627
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
^The only thing I could think of was to take it somewhere to see if it has been microchipped. Then maybe ask around the neighborhood if anyone knows who the cat might belong too.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:59 PM   #628
Blue Crack Addict

I would call the local shelters and vets, let them you know have a cat of its description in case an owner calls them. Definitely have it checked for a chip. If not, I'd say you should be able to keep it. I would make sure it goes to the vet and gets tested for certain things to make sure your cats won't be exposed. I'm not sure if it's OK to give a cat vaccinations if you're not sure whether it's already had them, but there's no harm in de-worming again just for good measure.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:04 PM   #629
Blue Crack Addict

VP,
yeah, I think what kelly suggested is best. I take it, there is no collar or tag right? If you can take to a vet and see if there is a chip or not. If you feel strongly about making sure it doesn't belong to anyone. Make a few flyers and post around the neighborhood. I know that ur falling in love and doing that would be hard because it may belong to someone and there is that chance that you would have to give it up. Clearly its up to you and your conscious. Good luck and just know we all have been there...
Old 01-01-2008, 07:04 PM   #630
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Yep you can put up found cat flyers in the neighborhood, call the vets, spca and see if its microchipped. Until you do all that I agree with Lies. I really wouldnt let it interact with your existing cats until it has a vet checkup, because being outside you dont know if it has a disease, fleas, etc. She sounds really cute