For Cat Lovers Only IX - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
animals and their genitals! :cute: archie (the new dog) is finally growing some balls, so we can finally look at getting him booked in :evil:

... wrong thread, i know, but i was thrilled today to see my little man 'growing' up.
:reject:

Photo14.jpg

Another webcam of Worf - right before she thought it was a good idea to try to go after my finger on the tracking pad of the laptop :shame:

kellyahern said:
Photo14.jpg

Another webcam of Worf - right before she thought it was a good idea to try to go after my finger on the tracking pad of the laptop :shame:

yep...whenever their eyes (the irises) get big they are ready to play bite ya.. I can tell by that pic...:wink:

one of our cats has a urinary tract infection:( It means I have to try to give him a tablet twice a day. He's a big boy which means I can be a tough with him but he also has jaws to rival a tiger.:ohmy: I've had to lock him in the laundry so I can get a pee sample. Poor thing:sad:

Good luck! Cats are the worst to pill. I've given pills to cats, dogs and horses and I've found cats by far the hardest. You don't have much room to work with, their teeth and claws are sharp and they generally don't take kindly to being man/woman-handled! I've had some nasty fights with certain cats over pilling. One I finally gave up with and had to have his medicine compounded into a transdermal paste (he has hyperthyroidism so he gets medicine twice a day every day).

I think it'll be a two man job. One to hold him down and the other to shove the pill in.

The last time he had to have pills I had to kneel/sit with him clamped between my legs and try to force his mouth open. It was a really good look:eyebrow:

^ Thats how I do it. Its very hard though.

Hope he feels better soon :hug:

Speaking of giving cats medicine...

My Siamese cat, Samnang, is severely allergic to fleas and once every couple of years or so he will get fleas and have to be treated with antibiotics. The stuff must make him really high because he will walk around acting tipsy and sometimes kinda slow-mo. Also, he DOES NOT like my husband and will run from him, but when medicated, he will let my hubby pick him up and will even love all over him. :cute: But then he will crash hard, and it's nearly impossible to wake him up, so I'm always freaking out, even though I know there's nothing wrong. :huh:

MandyMarie said:
Btw, here's my favorite pic of Samnang and Abby, and a more recent pic (I'm gonna try this anyway, still not good at posting pics):
FugiPics010.jpg

AbbySam2.jpg

Awwwwwww! What sweeties! Does your vet have something that can be put on the cat at the first sign fleas that will kill them--I can't remember what our vet put on Fergus--something like Advantix? :reject:

Revolution will do it too. And it takes care of heartworm, roundworm, hookworms, and ear mites. I especially love the ear mite treatment because several of my cats really hate it when I put drops in their ears. And I like that it takes care of both heartworm and fleas -- with this many cats it's hard to have to afford separate meds for both.

Thank you for the compliments! We've tried the skin drops, but it seems to make things worse for Sam, and his vet thinks the antibiotics are better. I do use a carpet powder while he's being treated. Sam rarely gets fleas anyway, and his antibiotics are safe for him..I guess it's the same as a human popping a Vicodin and getting buzzed before they crash. :D

Now if I can just do something about his weight and the little rolls he has under his belly, lol.

MandyMarie said:
Now if I can just do something about his weight and the little rolls he has under his belly, lol.

All of my cats have that :giggle:

MsPurrl said:
Does your vet have something that can be put on the cat at the first sign fleas that will kill them--I can't remember what our vet put on Fergus--something like Advantix? :reject:

Capstar tablets kill fleas. A lot of flea preventatives don't actually kill them.

I use Frontline Plus on all of my animals. The cats do not get heartworm preventative, the dogs get self-dosed ivermectin (same thing in Heartgard).

I received this poem today and would like to share it with you all.

DOUBLE RESCUE

I pushed through the snowstorm,
Hugging my sorrow
Not caring if I saw
A tomorrow.
I thought of my life
And how it had soured
When I came on a door
Where a cat crouched and cowered.
It opened its mouth
And gave a faint cry.
I'd met with a creature
More wretched than I.
Its eyes met mine and
Silently pleaded
For the love and comfort it
Sorely needed.
With no more thought,
I scooped it high
Slipped it into my coat
To warm and dry.
It nestled there close,
A wet ball of fur
And soon it gave off
A hoarse rusty purr.
It healed my heart
That I thought broken
And, so with no word
Having been spoken,

We went home, together!

- MILDRED ZIPKIN

MandyMarie said:

:lmao: both of our cats have that too. When the vet (a big strong man) picked up our cat he made a groaning noise.:shifty:

If anyone recalls our cat had a urinary tract infection but he's much better now :yippie: We still have a few tablets left for him but he's almost back to his old self. The only way we could get him to take his pill was to crush it into margarine and smear it on him somewhere. Needless to say he's very wary of us now.:eyebrow:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom