For Cat Lovers Only IX - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
funny-pictures-corporate-cat.jpg

I got a new kitty today. :)

Well he's not exactly new -- he's one on the strays I've been feeding since the spring -- but he's newly "official." :D

This morning around 7:30 I heard him meowing outside the back door so I went out, grabbed him and brought him in. All I could think when I saw him was "if he stays outside on his own very much longer he'll end up like Bruiser (the other stray I fed)" and I didn't want that. Bruiser was an older stray tomcat who'd lived a hard life. In October there was obviously something wrong so I managed to catch him and take him to the vet, but he wasn't able to be saved.

Anyway, the new cat (currently named Little Black Cat although he's not so little anymore and will need a better name) got a checkup and seems to be in excellent health (tested neg. for feline leukemia and FIV too). The vet estimates his age at about two years. He's a pretty studly looking dude cat right now, but that won't last long as he is at the vet getting neutered even as I type this. I pick him up in a couple of hours. :)

Here's a pic I took of him during the summer. I posted it before, but he wasn't official yet then.

IMG_0752.jpg

Last edited:
indra said:
I got a new kitty today. :)

Well he's not exactly new -- he's one on the strays I've been feeding since the spring -- but he's newly "official." :D

This morning around 7:30 I heard him meowing outside the back door so I went out, grabbed him and brought him in. All I could think when I saw him was "if he stays outside on his own very much longer he'll end up like Bruiser (the other stray I fed)" and I didn't want that. Bruiser was an older stray tomcat who'd lived a hard life. In October there was obviously something wrong so I managed to catch him and take him to the vet, but he wasn't able to be saved.

Anyway, the new cat (currently named Little Black Cat although he's not so little anymore and will need a better name) got a checkup and seems to be in excellent health (tested neg. for feline leukemia and FIV too). The vet estimates his age at about two years. He's a pretty studly looking dude cat right now, but that won't last long as he is at the vet getting neutered even as I type this. I pick him up in a couple of hours. :)

Here's a pic I took of him during the summer. I posted it before, but he wasn't official yet then.

IMG_0752.jpg

Awwwww . . . he's beautiful! Bet you can't wait to get him home!

I must have had a lapse in judgement the other day because for whatever reason I was watching Wild Boys on MTV2.

Johnny Knoxville decided that it would be funny to ride freakin lion :rolleyes: The lion was getting pissed, I was hoping it would give Knoxville a smackdown :shifty:

Is it feasible to have a kitten (or two) when the owners both work full-time?

I'm having the hardest time getting an adult cat, and may reconsider my no kitten poilcy if there's a way to work around it. :sigh: I think I may have to start looking at buying one from a breeder since breeders usually keep indoor cats.

meegannie said:
Is it feasible to have a kitten (or two) when the owners both work full-time?

I'm having the hardest time getting an adult cat, and may reconsider my no kitten poilcy if there's a way to work around it. :sigh: I think I may have to start looking at buying one from a breeder since breeders usually keep indoor cats.

I wouldnt get them too young if neither of you will be home all day. Kittens cause havoc and get into a lot of trouble if you're not watching them. 2 would be better than 1 if you wont be home but I would get them at least 5 - 6 months old rather than very tiny.

Sicy said:

I wouldnt get them too young if neither of you will be home all day. Kittens cause havoc and get into a lot of trouble if you're not watching them. 2 would be better than 1 if you wont be home but I would get them at least 5 - 6 months old rather than very tiny.

Thanks. :) I wasn't sure what the best age would be, so I've just been saying a year or older, but I may start widening my search. I did come home to three messages today, though, in response to a wanted ad I placed. :D Now I just have to work out how to get around to see cats without a car. :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom