Domain Registration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK now I know I don't venture outside of PLEBA's walls too often, but I need a bit of help, and I am hoping someone will be able to point me in the right directon...

Ok here's the deal...I run a few websites for bands, and I am adding a few more, so I have decided to start a company for this...I decided on a name (LOOOONG PROCESS) and last night when I checked on it's availability it wasn't taken, but tonight it is...GRRRRRR

HOWEVER, there is no WHOIS info available, and there is no page currently at that address...

So my question is...does anyone know how I can track down the owner of this site? Is there some kind of company that does this kind of thing?

Normally I wouldn't be so conscerned but I REALLY like this name!

So if any of you could help or atleast point me in the right direction I would be VERY greatful!!!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Feesh

Try giving it a week or so if you can. I've a feeling when you originally checked on it to see if it was available you might have tricked it into thinking you were registering it at that time :shrug: then again my I'm just blowin' smoke up someones...

Thanks for the help! Hey Daisy! :wave: It's not that I'm a PLEBA snob...it's just that I don't know very many people outside of the mansion...LOL

Well I'll keep my fingers crossed!

If it was just taken, WHOIS information might not be available yet.

Melon

you could do a lot of other endings:

.net
.info
.biz

etc etc etc...if it'll cost more, you might consider doing one of those instead...

.net costs the same as .com and .org.

It's those other domain suffixes. .sr is the worst. It's like paying more for crappy domains that people won't think of.

I, myself, would suggest sticking to the .com, .org, and .net nomenclature.

Melon

"A system of names used in an art or science: the nomenclature of mineralogy."

I used it in a more generic sense. It isn't the official term, but I'm glad you like the word. :sexywink:

Melon

Back
Top Bottom