"D" is for daniel, "G" is for gavin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I'm in Brisbane right now...a wonderful place, the nearest place on earth U2 ever get to meA big town with many music and book stores:heart:
I visited my favourite 2nd hand CD store this morning looking for "H" for harris emmylou...no luck.
But there in the front of the "L"s, Daniel Lanois's album "acadie" and in the front of the "F"'s, a Gavin Friday album. I'd already bought Travis "13 memories" the evening before, plus some other unexpected costs, so I had to choose between Dan and Gav...I chose daniel.
I also bought the "uncut" magazine because it has a nice U2 Joshua Tree feature:)
I'm going to wait till I get home to listen to my new and not so new music.
Brisbane:up:

PS: angela, the "Cat Empire" launched their CD here on Friday night.I missed it by that much...and Neil Young will be here soon and the local MMM fm station gave a soldier 2 tickets to see Metallica in January this morning because it is Armistice Day.Boy , these cities can be happening places :)

:applaud: new music!
I went in to HMV today to see if Hello was on single yet. It doesnt appear it will ever be according to the girls in there. Weird really. I did have a listen to the cd though which I was surprised they even had as the song hasn't even been released or something. It didn't make much sense. It was only $22 so I bought it :D It really is an interesting cd. They're a talented young band for sure. The brass is really what makes them. They have the oddest overall sound, a bit of Madness and The Clash with generic English faux punk plus the richness of latin style music. Very odd!!
The cd has this new copy protection on it so it looks like I cant rip any of it which is a shame. I was hoping to make some compilations out of it.
They recorded part of the album up in Byron too! I thought of you in the shop today hehe.

so do I salome...so do I
:sad:
I woke up early this morning and decided to have my first listen if daniel's album while I was lying in bed...ahh bliss
:sad: :sad:
I looked throught my suitcase
I looked through my car
It's not here
:sad: :sad: :sad:

"D" is for disappointed, damn and dickhead
"C" is for crikey, careless and cry:sad:

I think I know where it is. I was just about back to the hotel, footsore and thirsty, I stopped to buy some juice and saw a crystal lotus flower glistening in an Asian import store. I thought it would make a nice gift for my daughter-in-law's upcoming birthday. They were in satin lined boxes and I opened a few to see what other colours they came in. I must ghave put the CD down there:sad:
I hope the proprieter appreciates Daniel Lanois
:banghead:

indeed Gavin..........the Lone Ranger wouldn't have lost his CD, now would he?...Tonto probably would have been carrying it...or he'd have put it in Silver's saddlebag.

Salome said:
I still need to buy myself a Daniel Lanois album :hmm:

hello :D

get "Acadie"--the first, the best imo, and still regularly played in my house. The other two...eh.

Acadie:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
I don't think so Angela
so near and yet so far
lesson learned
it happened because I changed handbags to go Uncle Jack's funeral, it's small and I was carrying the CD in my hand.
Maybe the shopkeeper will become a U2 fan because of it.

I still have the travis CD to look forward to and the"Uncut" U2 article and CD of their early influence music to look forward to..:)

acadie:sad: :sad: :sad:

we arrived home safely, that's the main thing
and my chihuahua loves me:)

My brand new Rufus Wainright CD got stuck in my car cd-player and Ford scratched it beyond recognition when they removed it. :sad: It's unplayable and I only heard like 2 songs on it.

Got a new CD player out of the deal, though.
Warranties :up:

Back
Top Bottom